03-29-12 11:53 AM
170 ... 567
tools
    Actually, you would. When someone commits to Duke, it is posted on UNC boards. I know this because I post on several sports message boards.

Why is it a horrible analogy? I guess that means you don't think Apple is RIM's rival? If that is the case, then why are you so upset about a link to the ipad review? I don't want an ipad, I have a Playbook and Kindle Fire but I am not up in arms about it.

I think if someone posted a Nokia Lumia 900 review, I don't think people would have been as upset. I think some people are mad at it because Crackberry Kevin was wearing an Apple T-shirt and are now overreacting to a harmless blog post.

Some of the people here just hate Apple that much IMHO. It is very strange to me. I say let this thread die and lets get back to discussing BB10, OS7, and the new Playbook OS.
    I am a sports fan, so I know exactly how that works. UNC and Duke recruit a lot of the same players, so if one commits to UNC, the only link will be that so and so has committed to the Tar Heels and Duke just lost out. It will NOT be a link on how great the guy is, especially after he's played for them for a while. Yes, it is and was a horrible analogy, especially considering how sports fans are more...FANATICAL than platform fanboys are.

Who in the faulken doesn't know about an iPad by now? Most here have probably held the thing and played with it already if they dont outright still own one. The obvious conclusion is cross selling done by the site for it's own unique purposes. Many didn't like it. So what? It's the over promotion that ticks people off. It's like certian radio songs that play 40 times per day. After a while it gets annoying.

I propose this. When BB10 drops, link a comparison article about it on all the other websites not more than a day after. Then, after that, link ANOTHER article about BB10 AGAIN, but this time all about the devices by themselves 2 weeks later. Lets see how the reaction goes. My guess is no different than it was here and I would gather no other device gets that type of constant promotion.
    Last edited by Justthecrack; 03-27-12 at 09:15 PM.
    03-27-12 09:07 PM
    Can't believe this thread is still going. I'm moving it out of General Discussion, since it's not even about BlackBerry.
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-27-12 09:16 PM
    So no-one asks about PlayBook updates anymore, just create these kind of threads, nice lol. Smh
    03-27-12 10:55 PM
    I didn't read anything really past the first page, this is all so silly.

BUT what I do love is the communication from Moderators and Crackberry Staffers.

So cool, good job folks!
    Yeah 100% agree. Unfortunetely cribbers can't see this, but, yeaah, They surely can see posts and articles about different platforms and rant on here.
    Com'on people grow up.
    PS: now see how I get holed up beaten with sticks for calling cribbers "cribbers".
    03-28-12 12:07 AM
    Kevin's redo of the post surprised me. Now c'mon, that's how it should be. Supprting your platform with a bit of humor. Pretty cute idea.
    03-28-12 11:48 AM
    No one forces you to do anything, if you don't want to read it -- skip over it like countless others have mentioned (and done).

Just because something exists, doesn't mean you have to acknowledge it.
    Let me get this straight...

People are asking why a link to an ipad review was posted on a BB fan site and your response is "If you dont like it - skip over it"?

It wasnt a link to benchmark tests between an ipad and Playbook - it wasnt a link to comparing OS's between iOS and QNX - it wasnt anything to do with RIM, Blackberry, playbook or QNX. It was an ipad review.

Its not enough that our forums are regularly polluted with apple enthusiasts trolling every other thread reducing the forums to tripe - we now get to find out where we can read a review on their newest flagship tablet. Wonderful.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-28-12 12:55 PM
    Let me get this straight...

People are asking why a link to an ipad review was posted on a BB fan site and your response is "If you dont like it - skip over it"?

It wasnt a link to benchmark tests between an ipad and Playbook - it wasnt a link to comparing OS's between iOS and QNX - it wasnt anything to do with RIM, Blackberry, playbook or QNX. It was an ipad review.

Its not enough that our forums are regularly polluted with apple enthusiasts trolling every other thread reducing the forums to tripe - we now get to find out where we can read a review on their newest flagship tablet. Wonderful.
    His statement was perfectly clear, adult and sensible.
    03-28-12 01:00 PM
    why would I expect a vendor review other then a RIM product on crackberry?
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-28-12 01:02 PM
    People are bound to be offended regardless of what we do. Either we don't post about the other platforms and we're labeled closed-minded, or we do and we're labeled traitors. It's all in the nature of blogging, it is what it is, and we accept that.

As for the tshirt, I thought everyone had moved past that after Kevin's lengthy reply on the matter here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post7248205

That's the whole issue. If you want to be taken seriously, you have to have your own vision and be consistent. Instead of yielding to public outcry and pulling down articles that a certain group in your audience doesn't like after they have been published. And then trying to appease the same group by crapping on what you wrote the article on.

This makes you look you, guys, really don't know what you are doing.
    03-28-12 01:06 PM
    His statement was perfectly clear, adult and sensible.
    Of course it was. Because you can always read about Chevy truck reviews on Ford enthusiast web sites. Perfectly logical.
    03-28-12 01:48 PM
    Well then I hope the iMore and Android Central no longer provide assistance to CB if this is the case.

I have to say that caving to the whiners? Doesn't impress me. It was much ado about nothing to begin with.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-28-12 01:51 PM
    Well then I hope the iMore and Android Central no longer provide assistance to CB if this is the case.

I have to say that caving to the whiners? Doesn't impress me. It was much ado about nothing to begin with.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ROFL! When was there every assistance in the first place? The irony of whining about whiners is not lost on me.
    03-28-12 01:59 PM
    lmao at people who say NOTHING but BB info should be posted here...

Really? How are we supposed to be an INFORMED public if we dont have INFORMATION

03-28-12 02:15 PM

Really? How are we supposed to be an INFORMED public if we dont have INFORMATION

Go to one of the mobile nations sister sites?
    Chrisy and renzokuken.tan like this.
    03-28-12 02:45 PM

There is so much information about the iPad all over the web, it is more a question of how could you *not* be informed.
    Chrisy and renzokuken.tan like this.
    03-28-12 03:23 PM
    ROFL! When was there every assistance in the first place? The irony of whining about whiners is not lost on me.
    Er...you want me to go find Bla1ze and Rene's post where they spell it out in words all can understand?

All the time.
    03-28-12 03:37 PM
    Er...you want me to go find Bla1ze and Rene's post where they spell it out in words all can understand?

All the time.
    Right - because reviews comparing PB's to other tablets in a back handed fashion "assist" Crackberry how? As if Crackberry is propped up in some fashion by imore or AC. The only way there is honestly any overlap is with the PB running Android apps.

Your logic is horribly convoluted. Troll more please.

Show me on AC or imore where they flat out link to a RIM/BB/PB/QNX review like was done the other day. No model side-by-sides - no comparisons between OS - just a link to a straight device review by a competitor.

I check this, AC and imore pretty much everyday and I never recall imore linking to the review of a 9900.
    03-29-12 06:25 AM
    I think it's just a transition period for CrackBerry and Mobile Nations. Things are different and we're all seeing that and getting used to it. It's probably hard to know how to manage all the different sites and how to integrate them while keeping them separate. I can see how it is good to cross promote for Mobile Nations AS A WHOLE. But that there also needs to be some sense of individuality within the specific platforms.

I get that http://forums.crackberry.com/site-qu...hanged-660269/, and I welcomed that. But there a balance that needs to be obtained. There is a tipping point where too much of other platform news/threads becomes negative returns. Boundaries that allow users of specific platforms a place where they can discuss their platform and get help without having to defend their choice constantly or plow through non related threads SO much. That's all.

Although I have voiced my concerns, and risked annoying the folks in charge, I stand behind my concerns. I trust Kevin to understand the issues and concerns though. He's a smart guy and seems aware of all sides. I appreciate his commitment, and personal involvement, in CrackBerry and the other Mobile Nations sites. Where else do you have the founder chiming in on forums posts (even if it's to flame me) and respond to user concerns? I think that is what makes CrackBerry great. I will check out the other MN sites more often.

CrackBerry is as awesome as it was back in the day and I'm sure we will continue to see improvements. In the end it is about getting news and discussing phones. That's still going strong here.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-29-12 at 11:41 AM.
    03-29-12 08:14 AM
    Right - because reviews comparing PB's to other tablets in a back handed fashion "assist" Crackberry how? As if Crackberry is propped up in some fashion by imore or AC. The only way there is honestly any overlap is with the PB running Android apps.

Your logic is horribly convoluted. Troll more please.

Show me on AC or imore where they flat out link to a RIM/BB/PB/QNX review like was done the other day. No model side-by-sides - no comparisons between OS - just a link to a straight device review by a competitor.

I check this, AC and imore pretty much everyday and I never recall imore linking to the review of a 9900.
    Here is the 9900 review on imore linking to crackberry. You should do more research before posting. The only diff is AC and Imore users don't freak out when they see cross posts.

http://www.imore.com/2011/08/15/blac...9900-reviewed/
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-29-12 11:50 AM
    That was brought up and linked to already.
    03-29-12 11:53 AM
170 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD