So what people need to known what RIM's enemies are coming out with. I find it funny that people still compare PlayBook to Ipad. The Ipad should be more advanced this is like the third or fourth one they put out. Compare our first and only tablet against technology just developed by Apple a few weeks ago they should be years ahead. But they are not because PlayBook is a great device based on professional needs not just geared for skyhype and Netflix.
    03-27-12 01:22 PM
    CrackBerry isn't an island but if I wanted to read about Apple I would visit iMore (and do). Isn't that what Mobile Nations is for? Specific platforms. I am getting tired of reading about Apple.

Yes, we all know there are other platforms. I come to CrackBerry to read about...yeah, BlackBerry! I went to Android Central to read about Google phones.

I can easily click the tab for iMore if I want Apple news. I know Kevin was super annoyed at my comments on the Kevin thread, but this is what I mean. Just because Mobile Nations is one, just let CrackBerry be about BlackBerry and the other sites cover their interest.

I do find it annoying to have Apple and Google news on CrackBerry. Call me a hater but that isn't accurate. I just don't want to be forced to read about other platforms when I come here to learn BlackBerry news and tips. It really has changed.
    Did I miss the part where Kevin or Bla1ze held a gun to your head that forced you to read the post?

It's called scrolling.

There has always been posts about other platforms as far back as I've posted here. The same for WebOSNation, WPCentral, AndroidCentral, iMore...but Crackberry is the only site in the mobile nations where posters throw a hissy fit.

What does that say about CB?

If even SEEING a blog post about another platform is enough to upset you, well...

EDIT

I recommend you read the blog comments. They are pretty over the top in the stupidity and fear mongering.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-27-12 at 01:37 PM.
    03-27-12 01:24 PM
    I know lots of you are not going to like this but just maybe someday far far away I might just decide to get something else besides a BB. I think its a smart thing to see where our beloved BB stacks up against the competition. I love BB but put up or shut up. Thats all!
    03-27-12 01:33 PM
    Watch out - you'll be a troll. You can have 3 years on the forum under your belt and own both platforms but if you dare say something that the non-BB does better, well, get off their lawn.
    03-27-12 01:37 PM
    This thread is intense.
    03-27-12 01:42 PM
    What BB news was there to post in its place? More app updates and leaked OS's and deals-of-the-day?

THERE IS NO GOOD BLACKBERRY NEWS! Face it, filler is all you can expect until the end of the year, unless you just want more bad news. So why not take the time to learn about the competition and figure out how to beat them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-27-12 01:42 PM
    What BB news was there to post in its place? More app updates and leaked OS's?

THERE IS NO GOOD BLACKBERRY NEWS! Face it, filler is all you can expect until the end of the year, unless you just want more bad news. So why not take the time to learn about the competition and figure out how to beat them.

Isnt that RIM's job? lol

And yes this thread is intense. I recommend everyone sit back, enjoy a nice glass of scotch (if over the legal drinking age in your jurisdiction) and calm down lol.
    03-27-12 01:44 PM
    Ok so here is a question, why would I expect a vendor review other then a RIM product on crackberry? Or for that matter a RIM product reviewed on Android or Apple site? Comparison sure, straight review, I just dont get it.
    03-27-12 02:13 PM
    I'd like to point something out, since so many people have stated CrackBerry has changed.

The first post on this site was 1180 pages back - http://crackberry.com/crackberry/main?page=1180

That was in 2007.

You know what else we posted in 2007?

This - http://crackberry.com/google-phone-coming

Information about a phone other then a BlackBerry.
    03-27-12 02:16 PM
    CB has indeed posted articles on other devices, but wasn't it stand alone at the time? Now its not there is the community of sites dedicated to different products. Mobile nations is great, and the weekly roundup is too. Just cross promote in a more limited fashion, not post the entire article, but perhaps a link to latest news or reviews. Something like that.
    03-27-12 02:20 PM
    Ok so here is a question, why would I expect a vendor review other then a RIM product on crackberry? Or for that matter a RIM product reviewed on Android or Apple site? Comparison sure, straight review, I just dont get it.
    It wasn't on crackberry, it was on iMore, which is part of the parent "Mobile Nations". Crackberry linked to it, as they should as part of a community of sites. I swear, Dieter wouldn't have tolerated this rubbish. The sites all work together, get used to it, it's real life.
    Last edited by xandermac; 03-27-12 at 02:25 PM.
    03-27-12 02:20 PM
    CB has indeed posted articles on other devices, but wasn't it stand alone at the time? Now its not there is the community of sites dedicated to different products. Mobile nations is great, and the weekly roundup is too. Just cross promote in a more limited fashion, not post the entire article, but perhaps a link to latest news or reviews. Something like that.
    But it wasn't the ENTIRE article. Wasn't the entire article at all, Adam dropped a few comments basically say the review is there, if you wanna look at it go ahead, if not.. don't. You'd swear we posted the WHOLE review, which we did not in any way, shape or form.
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-27-12 02:22 PM
    It wasn't on crackberry, it was on iMore, which is part of the parent "Mobile Nations". I swear, Dieter wouldn't have tolerated this rubbish. The sites all work together, get used to it, it's real life.
    Really? It was sitting on the front page of crackberry.com, I personally ignored it and moved on, but I can see the point of not wanting to see it. As far as real life, well there you go, some people just dont want to see it, get used to it.
    03-27-12 02:26 PM
    This has nothing to do with people's minds being open or those wanting a BlackBerry site to post BlackBerry only news being closed minded. Nor are we "running with pitchforks." We are disagreeing and posting it. Just like before. Why make such an overstatement and exaggeration? It seems that when we don't agree with the mods, or Kevin or a few here that we are made out to be crazy and frothing at the mouth. lol . We think learning about iphones is evil? Seriously? I don't think you understand the point some of us are trying to make.

If I go to a site to research and read about Subaru Cars (and I do) I don't want articles about other cars. I can visit the different sites THAT I CHOOSE and compare for myself from the various sites that I read.

Granted, I didn't read the blog comments that started all this. But I do agree that I would love to see less iphone threads, post and blogs on CrackBerry. Simple as that.

Since by your own acknowledgement you did not read the original post, how can you claim that there was not a massive overreaction? First read the blog post, then come and state that it was not exactly as I have illustrated. Were I a cartoonist I would have painted a cartoon of Kevin, Bla1ze and Adam being burned at the stake for their heretical postings, egged on by the enraged closed minded posters who responded to the blog.

Really, your denial of something you haven't read reminds me of my arguments agains iPhone and Android before I started using them. Except that in this instance, my mind has opened and yours appears to have been closed to anything other than BB.

Reveral of fortunes....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-27-12 02:37 PM
    I am pretty surprised by this thread. I guarantee you that when the first BB10 phone is released, the Crackberry review of that phone will be linked on androidcentral and imore.

However, I understand that BB users are feeling a bit abused by the media and other smartphone users for loving BB devices. I come here for BB info and Kevin's post in this thread got me a bit excited about Blackberry.

The mods are still correct on this issue and if you go to any blog with forums, all related topics are discussed. For example, if you join a UNC basketball forum, Duke basketball will be discussed there.
    pkcable and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-27-12 02:49 PM
    I know lots of you are not going to like this but just maybe someday far far away I might just decide to get something else besides a BB. I think its a smart thing to see where our beloved BB stacks up against the competition. I love BB but put up or shut up. Thats all!
    Then go to those sites and look. All the links are right at the top of this very page. They are there everyday.

I know you are not going to like this, but I bet 95% of people who post here either have owned or own at this moment another mobile device that is not a BB. Has nothing to do with people who come here looking for BB news and tips and don't expect to have to leap over large, repetitive, and redundant articles about already well known devices.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-27-12 03:13 PM
    I am pretty surprised by this thread. I guarantee you that when the first BB10 phone is released, the Crackberry review of that phone will be linked on androidcentral and imore.

However, I understand that BB users are feeling a bit abused by the media and other smartphone users for loving BB devices. I come here for BB info and Kevin's post in this thread got me a bit excited about Blackberry.

The mods are still correct on this issue and if you go to any blog with forums, all related topics are discussed. For example, if you join a UNC basketball forum, Duke basketball will be discussed there.
    Horrible analogy. Duke are UNC are cross town rivals and have been so for many years. Even still, you probably won't even see a link to UNC's latest and greatest recruit posted there either. It'd be worse than what you see here. Trust me.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    03-27-12 03:43 PM
    Then go to those sites and look. All the links are right at the top of this very page. They are there everyday.

I know you are not going to like this, but I bet 95% of people who post here either have owned or own at this moment another mobile device that is not a BB. Has nothing to do with people who come here looking for BB news and tips and don't expect to have to leap over large, repetitive, and redundant articles about already well known devices.
    In the last month, how many articles have been posted on Crackberry about competing platforms? Including the one from yesterday. I think the number is a whopping, unforgivable, ONE article. And becuase of this one article, crackberry loyalist's RSS feeds have blown up thier devices, they have been emotionally damaged because they had to scroll past a link of a review of another device and thier once beloved community is now in shatters.

Its rediculous. That is what makes the overreaction so irrational.
    03-27-12 03:50 PM
    Horrible analogy. Duke are UNC are cross town rivals and have been so for many years. Even still, you probably won't even see a link to UNC's latest and greatest recruit posted there either. It'd be worse than what you see here. Trust me.
    Actually, you would. When someone commits to Duke, it is posted on UNC boards. I know this because I post on several sports message boards.

Why is it a horrible analogy? I guess that means you don't think Apple is RIM's rival? If that is the case, then why are you so upset about a link to the ipad review? I don't want an ipad, I have a Playbook and Kindle Fire but I am not up in arms about it.

I think if someone posted a Nokia Lumia 900 review, I don't think people would have been as upset. I think some people are mad at it because Crackberry Kevin was wearing an Apple T-shirt and are now overreacting to a harmless blog post.

Some of the people here just hate Apple that much IMHO. It is very strange to me. I say let this thread die and lets get back to discussing BB10, OS7, and the new Playbook OS.
    03-27-12 05:22 PM
    Wow, this is hilarious. I don't even know what to say. Just wow. The reaction of some members here reminds me of the bbc interview of mike lazaridis when he started whining like a little bish "that's not fair".
    03-27-12 06:01 PM
    An attempt to broaden horizons and educate/inform has gotten the village in an uproar, running with pitchforks and running torches to eradicate the evil that is an open mind.
    I guess. And then you have folks like me. Who are not enraged or in an uproar. And who -- were it not for this thread -- would hardly even have cared at all, lol. But whom, if given a 50/50 choice, would rather not have had an iPad review listed on here. Just preference that's all.

I think it would be a cool feature to give the users an account preference filter setting that allows:

"Only BlackBerry related posts (no Apple/Android/WP)"
    "Only BlackBerry phone related posts (ie no PlayBook)"
    "Only PlayBook"

So maybe the answer here instead of all the bickering is to improve the site and give users control over what they see (?).

I know for example there are BB phone owners that care not at all about the PlayBook and tire of all the PB coverage. And there are users who only have PlayBooks and non BlackBerry phones who do not care for BB phone coverage.

So better controls would be nice IMO.

If not, then I just ignore all the stuff I do not care to read. If there was ever too much of it, I'd just leave. No big deal.
    Last edited by southlander; 03-27-12 at 06:30 PM.
    03-27-12 06:28 PM
    Perhaps mobile nations should set up a blanket site. The top headlines from all of their sister sites combined and a forum where all can break loose.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-27-12 06:30 PM
    If not, then I just ignore all the stuff I do not care to read. If there was ever too much of it, I'd just leave. No big deal.
    Oh my goodness... maturity and logic. So rare.
    03-27-12 06:37 PM
    90's flashback!!! Energizer Bunny...it keeps going and going and going...
    Laura Knotek and Chrisy like this.
    03-27-12 07:14 PM
    This is so much D R A M A! Lol.
    03-27-12 07:57 PM
170 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD