I do follow news about other mobile platforms, but I agree with the op ipad stuff doesn't belong on crackberry. You would never see bb stuff on imore (horribly name imho). Kevin is just trying to make money though...
    PB news on iMore.

You were bold enough to spout off about stuff you did not know. Man enough to apologize?
    pkcable likes this.
    03-27-12 10:19 AM
    PB news on iMore.

You were bold enough to spout off about stuff you did not know. Man enough to apologize?
    Will never happen. They just run and post somewhere else.

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story."

- Some Really Smart Guy -
    Tre Lawrence, OniBerry and pkcable like this.
    03-27-12 10:23 AM
    Try this experiment:
    Go to advanced search here and type Apple for the search title only.

Go to iMore and do the same with RIM.

Look at the results.

Use BlackBerry and iPhone as search terms and too.

When I was considering an iPhone I made an account on iMore. They're really a great forum, helpful folks. Lots of knowledge.

iMore returns 0 results for RIM, 122 for BlackBerry.
    CrackBerry returns 500 results to Apple, 500 for iPhone.

I'm pretty sure 500 is the maximum amount of results that can be returned in a single search. But you get the point.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-27-12 at 11:08 AM.
    03-27-12 10:40 AM
    Who decides who has the right to post here? The 'collective'?

Cheers!
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you failed to read or quote the rest of what I wrote, you know the part where I said anyone can post here who agrees to the terms of service.

But go ahead, ignore that part. I know it doesn't make for spectacular flames like quoting someone out of context does.

If you want to discuss further I'd happy to take it to PM...otherwise I'm done here.
    Alt-F4 likes this.
    03-27-12 11:08 AM
    Try this experiment:

Look at the results.

When I was considering an iPhone I made an account on iMore. They're really a great forum, helpful folks. Lots of knowledge.

I'm pretty sure 500 is the maximum amount of results that can be returned in a single search. But you get the point.
    But that is not strictly editorial, is it? Heck, it may actually prove that BB fans are more tuned into other platforms than they are to this one -- and that is not a bad thing. We have been talking about iPhones ever since it was rumored here, way back when I joined. Most of it was derision (self ruefully included).

Do you suggest an all-out ban on "i" talk from posters?
    03-27-12 11:14 AM
    Why do I post? Without going in-depth, I appreciate Blackberry and a portion of the Crackberry nation, despite Apple being my brand of choice. Please, forgive me for defending the people you trust to bring you information on a daily basis...

To have iFans bash Berry users over menial or worthwhile opinions is one thing... But to have those same Berry users completely bash and destroy their fellow users over ONE post... I reiterate, ONE post... Is entirely another thing.

It's all run under Mobile Nations, folks. Meaning more than one mobile entity.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    There was already an article posted comparing the iPad2, "New" iPad, Asus Transformer, and Playbook a few weeks ago. This link yesterday seemed redundant and not of much sense or use. Every major tech website you can think of has already detailed this device to death by now.

There are links prominently posted to each platform here. Most, if not all posters have gone and will continue to go to them. This "head in the sand" speech is quite lazy in it's assumptions.
    03-27-12 11:27 AM
    Testing something new out here.... You're all going to love.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    Wow! I love information whether negative or positive. If it is negative just to be negative, I just flush it from my mind. But positive information, good or bad keeps me growing and learning. Come on Kevin bring it on!
    03-27-12 11:33 AM
    Try this experiment:

Look at the results.

Most of the istuff on CB is posted by bb users trying to bash other products.
    03-27-12 11:41 AM
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you failed to read or quote the rest of what I wrote, you know the part where I said anyone can post here who agrees to the terms of service.

But go ahead, ignore that part. I know it doesn't make for spectacular flames like quoting someone out of context does.

If you want to discuss further I'd happy to take it to PM...otherwise I'm done here.
    No need to PM and of course I read the entire post. I don't exist in a vacuum.

If you truly felt ANYONE had the right to post here. You wouldn't have began your post the way you did.
    03-27-12 11:48 AM
    I'm sure none of the backlash or upheaval about this has anything to do with the fact that there are a number of vocal Android and iOS users on the forum that bash all things RIM on a daily basis. This article just happen to set off the festering that built up in some people. I viewed the iPad article as nothing more than posting something that may be of interest to the growing number of bashers who love to evangelize and try to convert the Blackberry using heathens on Crackberry. I didn't read/listen the review myself as I've read enough before on the new iPad from other sources (hotter, heavier, finally a usable rear camera, still pathetic front camera, and a great display). Personally I don't think an article was needed as there was already a link to the iMore review at the top, but whatever, it's Kevin's site and he can run things how he wants. Oh and I use Apple laptops and desktops all through my house so I don't hate Apple (actually love OS X), but iOS doesn't do anything for me beyond an iPod touch music player that connects to my Kenwood deck.

This is like defending the lovely Chicago fans who rioted when the Bulls won. I guess they should have been excused of their behavior because fans of other teams had been hating on the Bulls.
    03-27-12 11:53 AM
    I read through some of the comments of the iPad post. I can't believe how silly they are. People are actually offended! Lost for words
    03-27-12 12:07 PM
    Try this experiment:

Look at the results.

That won't give relevant results. This whole furor was started over a blog post.

Using the search engine does not filter out blog posts from community posters such as you and me.

There are loads of BB bashers who spend their entire lives posting on BB forums bashing RIM. These usual suspects spend little if any time at all on their own forums.

That is entirely different from a blog post. And let's not forget that this community lives within a larger community.

An attempt to broaden horizons and educate/inform has gotten the village in an uproar, running with pitchforks and running torches to eradicate the evil that is an open mind.
    reeneebob and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-27-12 12:21 PM
    An attempt to broaden horizons and educate/inform has gotten the village in an uproar, running with pitchforks and running torches to eradicate the evil that is an open mind.
    Wow! That was nice.

The power of words I tell ya!
    03-27-12 12:26 PM
    This has nothing to do with people's minds being open or those wanting a BlackBerry site to post BlackBerry only news being closed minded. Nor are we "running with pitchforks." We are disagreeing and posting it. Just like before. Why make such an overstatement and exaggeration? It seems that when we don't agree with the mods, or Kevin or a few here that we are made out to be crazy and frothing at the mouth. lol . We think learning about iphones is evil? Seriously? I don't think you understand the point some of us are trying to make.

If I go to a site to research and read about Subaru Cars (and I do) I don't want articles about other cars. I can visit the different sites THAT I CHOOSE and compare for myself from the various sites that I read.

Granted, I didn't read the blog comments that started all this. But I do agree that I would love to see less iphone threads, post and blogs on CrackBerry. Simple as that.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-27-12 at 12:37 PM.
    gritsinct likes this.
    03-27-12 12:27 PM
    I'm really just shocked that people would get that upset and become so hateful over what was writen. And the fact that it was an informational piece makes it even more ridiculous that readers would resort to insulting the writer. There wasn't even any bashing of a blackberry device, and yet, there was an uproar. I guess I just don't get why some people get mad about gadgetry and even something that's written on some blog site.

And I don't get members here who talk about having to defend themselves against non-BB users. Talking down about a device is not the same as someone insulting another person. You are not the phone you use.

And, seriously , there's no conspiracy that non-BB users are hoping and plotting for the demise of RIM or BB.
    03-27-12 12:39 PM
    I'm really just shocked that people would get that upset and become so hateful over what was writen. And the fact that it was an informational piece makes it even more ridiculous that readers would resort to insulting the writer. There wasn't even any bashing of a blackberry device, and yet, there was an uproar. I guess I just don't get why some people get mad about gadgetry and even something that's written on some blog site.

And I don't get members here who talk about having to defend themselves against non-BB users. Talking down about a device is not the same as someone insulting another person. You are not the phone you use.

And, seriously , there's no conspiracy that non-BB users are hoping and plotting for the demise of RIM or BB.
    Well said.

It is getting scary. Sometimes, I wonder if we are adults discussing tech or galactic cowboys battling to protect the honor of the post-apocalyptic homeland.

Defending RIM? C'mon now. Breathe. Relax. Take off the RIM Defender T-shirt and enjoy the world!
    03-27-12 12:47 PM
    Testing something new out here.... You're all going to love.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    Kevin if you are testing a BLADE you better give some some info or I swear to God I will take a flight out to North America and start stalking you.
    03-27-12 12:59 PM
    This has nothing to do with people's minds being open or those wanting a BlackBerry site to post BlackBerry only news being closed minded. Nor are we "running with pitchforks." We are disagreeing and posting it. Just like before. Why make such an overstatement and exaggeration? It seems that when we don't agree with the mods, or Kevin or a few here that we are made out to be crazy and frothing at the mouth. lol . We think learning about iphones is evil? Seriously? I don't think you understand the point some of us are trying to make.

If I go to a site to research and read about Subaru Cars (and I do) I don't want articles about other cars. I can visit the different sites THAT I CHOOSE and compare for myself from the various sites that I read.

Granted, I didn't read the blog comments that started all this. But I do agree that I would love to see less iphone threads, post and blogs on CrackBerry. Simple as that.
    Agreed. Simple version of what you said 'Less of other vendors crap'. I liked the car example too, but don't hope that people will get it, some might tho.
    03-27-12 12:59 PM
    Nothing is worse than the Google ads showing up in the CrackBerry comments. First time I saw that I was embarrased for Kevin and what CrackBerry has become. Other than the few sellout points, this site still rocks.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-27-12 01:06 PM
    03-27-12 01:09 PM

This definitely holds true. This site is, as it was designed, the largest and (IMO) best BlackBerry site out there. the iMore story was nothing more than a shameless "plug" to the other site, and while that is fine, you cannot expect everyone to enjoy seeing that.

I ignored the article, and I would MUCH rather prefer a DIRECT head to head comparison video, as RIM did when the Playbook launched. Highlight the Playbooks continued strengths, and show the fans that even though the tablet is a year old, it still does its job and does it well. You cant spit in any direction without seeing an iPhone or Android thread. Comparisons are fine, but when they start to make a significant portion of posts it can easily become an issue.
    Chrisy, maddie1128 and bigbmc26 like this.
    03-27-12 01:15 PM
    Crackberry posted a story linking Crackberry users to the Imore.com new Ipad review. The worst of the worst in crackberry users exploded with disgust that any other companies product would be posted on Crackberry. IMAGINE THE HORROR!!!

Crackberry then just took the "offending" article down? Wow, this is a sad day for this website. To be browbeaten by the mob into conformity? Just awful.
    I read it before on imore ... and feel very comfortable to see it for a while on the front page.
    Some do need to put off their BB glasses, sometimes
    ... and here we go for a 10+ pages thread ... lol
    03-27-12 01:16 PM
    PB news on iMore.

Those were comparisons though. That is much different than a straight up article about the PlayBook. Also, I don't care what the other sites do. CrackBerry has changed over the past year and clearly some people don't like it.
    This is like defending the lovely Chicago fans who rioted when the Bulls won. I guess they should have been excused of their behavior because fans of other teams had been hating on the Bulls.
    Yes because people stating they are upset on a forum and people destroying public/private property in a riot over a victory are equivalent.
    Chrisy and gtamhankar like this.
    Jeez I only own Blackberry products but I am a regestered member of both Android Central and Imore. I enjoy thier podcast and like reading about the other platforms. Come out of the Vacuum!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-27-12 01:22 PM
170 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD