Oh wow...I knew there was some ruckus going on about the iPad Blog Post, but I couldn't get around to seeing what it was all about. Just saw that this thread had run into six (!!!) pages and thought I'll get upto speed.

Some of the comments.....seriously...what's up CB nation? I'm a huge BB fan and I view most iDevices with disdain (except my beloved MacBook ) but those comments are seriously over the top.

I saw the iPad blog post on the front page and just scrolled passed the Post like many other CB posts which I'm not interested in. I just stopped at the article which held my interest and read that. No need to start a flame and hate war on Kevin and Bla1ze.

If you guys are not interested, blow past the article.
    Guys get back on your medication.
    03-27-12 04:00 AM
    I don't know why I'm bothering to add to this but... I don't care really about the ipad post on this site. I know what the ipad all about from friends and every second add/commercial/review on tv/online lol I simply didn't bother to read it. But to say that the post "should" be there so that we know about other tech is kinda silly lol if you haven't heard about the ipad yet.. Wtf?
    would I like to see only bb related stuff here? Yes but mainly because ios info can be found on 4 billion other dedicated sites lol
    Chrisy, sapperuk and bigbmc26 like this.
    03-27-12 04:07 AM
    CrackBerry isn't an island but if I wanted to read about Apple I would visit iMore (and do). Isn't that what Mobile Nations is for? Specific platforms. I am getting tired of reading about Apple.

Yes, we all know there are other platforms. I come to CrackBerry to read about...yeah, BlackBerry! I went to Android Central to read about Google phones.

I can easily click the tab for iMore if I want Apple news. I know Kevin was super annoyed at my comments on the Kevin thread, but this is what I mean. Just because Mobile Nations is one, just let CrackBerry be about BlackBerry and the other sites cover their interest.

I do find it annoying to have Apple and Google news on CrackBerry. Call me a hater but that isn't accurate. I just don't want to be forced to read about other platforms when I come here to learn BlackBerry news and tips. It really has changed.
    completely agree with you
    Chrisy and sapperuk like this.
    03-27-12 06:45 AM
    I did miss the Galaxy Nexus review... That was something I was hoping to see on Crackberry site... and the review for Transformer Prime!

What about the new Nokia Lumia WP?
    Or is the cross-platform thing only going to be limited to iStuff?

May be things will improve
    Last edited by gtamhankar; 03-27-12 at 07:38 AM.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    03-27-12 07:35 AM
    yet everyones perfectly ok with the monday brief that covers all platforms. hmmm
    I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who actually watch that brief are watching for reasons other than anything tech-related. I've watched it twice and there wasn't any earth-shattering news in there; nothing that can't be had elsewhere, and better presented/edited/you name it.

Most people will bypass that post every week despite the...let's call them enticements?...so the comparison won't fly, sorry.
    03-27-12 07:42 AM
    I saw the post when it first went up, but never gave it a second pass. After stumbling upon this thread, I decided to peruse the comments on said blog post for a wee bit. I kind of wish I freaking didn't...

Comments such as the ones willingly displayed are flat out embarrassing, not just for the Crackberry nation, but for all gadget nations.

When did gadget love go from being about the brand that works for you into full blown unnecessary political stances? It's sickening to think you can't just buy what appeals to you without being castrated for doing so.

Gadget acquisition... The new racism.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    Last edited by Sancho90; 03-27-12 at 08:02 AM.
    03-27-12 07:58 AM
    What's next, bash RIM? I'm willing to bet there are iPads floating around Waterloo, and not just in an out of the way R&D lab either. Know your competition, study how they do things, adapt, then leap ahead of them. Oh, and don't try to tell me a PlayBook or three aren't in Cupertino.
    03-27-12 08:17 AM
    I have been a member of CrackBerry Nation since 2007 and never minded the reviews of other devices - in fact I always enjoyed the Round Robins, which I hope we get to see again this year, and would love to see a Tablet Round Robin as well. I believe the comparisons to other devices just make our beloved BlackBerry that much better in the long run.
    03-27-12 08:17 AM
    Amazingly it seems everyone is just waiting for there turn to 'talk'.
    03-27-12 08:27 AM
    Ya i saw this but im not going to make a stick out of it. Just like when CBK was helping out iMore with the tablet the same argument is here. CB is part of a larger group of sites called Mobile Nations. We are all family sharing our love of mobile devices. Yes we may love different OS' but that doesnt mean we should hate each other. MN is here to stay so if you dont like the idea of CB being paired with sites affiliated with Apple products then you can leave.
    Sancho90 likes this.
    03-27-12 08:31 AM
    I come here for Blackberry support. (thus the name Crackberry) and not to read or see ads/articles for "other" brands.

There are tons of places to read or view a review about non-BB items. Tons of them!
    Don't you think the number one phone and tablet maker (Apple) has enough of the press it needs without a Blackberry site joining in?????

You start doing reviews on non-BB items and you might as well change the name of the website to something like BGR.

I am not offended or upset about it but if CB changes to include non-BB reviews
    than it is no different than the 1000's of other cell phone sites on the web.

Do what you do best, what Crackberry is known for and the name implies.

If not the following will no longer be true.

"The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers"

Comparison reviews (PB vs IPad) are good and needed.

BTW,, this is a retail website and forum for the most part and do not consider this a true blog.

Tim
    Chrisy and renzokuken.tan like this.
    03-27-12 08:45 AM
    CB is part of a larger group of sites called Mobile Nations. We are all family sharing our love of mobile devices. Yes we may love different OS' but that doesnt mean we should hate each other. MN is here to stay so if you dont like the idea of CB being paired with sites affiliated with Apple products then you can leave.
    You hit the nail right on the head.

You start doing reviews on non-BB items and you might as well change the name of the website to something like BGR.
    Explain to me how the linked blog post in question was in any way a review for the item?

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    03-27-12 09:04 AM
    I honestly didn't even think twice about reading that article. In fact, I ended up watching a bunch of videos for the new iPad and thought it was pretty sweet (the video editing apps in particular is what got my attention. and i might add that there was a shout-out to blackberry for having excellent speakers/sound quality over apple), I'm still probably not going to buy one as it's still a bit out of my price range, and I'm still desperately wanting a Playbook. I then realized that I had never really checked out what was going on over at androidcentral.com, so headed on over there as well. None of which has deterred me from waiting for a sweet new BB10 device, I love my blackberry, but there's nothing wrong with seeing what's going on across the pond.
    03-27-12 09:22 AM
    I always wondered about the taste of sand when one has his/her head buried in it.

And by the way, in that particular posture, think about what exactly is most exposed....

just sayin'....
    Sancho90 likes this.
    03-27-12 09:28 AM

Explain to me how the linked blog post in question was in any way a review for the item?

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    Explain to me what a person with an iphone, ipad, and 7 posts is doing here at crackberry.com.

OK, I'm not saying you aren't allowed here; anyone who agrees to the TOS is allowed to post here. I only said that to make a point, and that is I think the reason there was such a strong negative reaction to the post in question is that for so long now those who love BB have been subjected to quite a bit of verbal abuse by iFans here on crackberry. Yes, the mods have their work cut out and have been doing a fairly decent job of policing.
    But I think for most BB fans, logging on and seeing that post with its accompanying picture on a Monday morning probably felt like a slap in the face, more of the same. I know I saw it in my rss reader and rolled my eyes. Did some go way overboard in their reactions? Absolutely. But I think the CB leadership needs to consider being a little more sensitive with posts like that.
    With that said, yes, you should be familiar with other platforms. In fact, having used both android and ios I am happy with my Bold/PlayBook combo. However there is a big Mobile Nations header and footer that makes it easy for us to get that info without it feeling like we are constantly having iDevices shoved in our faces.
    I'm not slamming Adam or Blaize but I do think maybe a little more common sense could have been used, both in the post and especially in the reaction to it. Calling for someone to be fired over that specific blog post is way over the top and uncalled for.
    03-27-12 09:39 AM
    With all "due" respect, the Crackberry community would degrade to blind faith followers otherwise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Too late.
    03-27-12 09:47 AM
    I'm sure none of the backlash or upheaval about this has anything to do with the fact that there are a number of vocal Android and iOS users on the forum that bash all things RIM on a daily basis. This article just happen to set off the festering that built up in some people. I viewed the iPad article as nothing more than posting something that may be of interest to the growing number of bashers who love to evangelize and try to convert the Blackberry using heathens on Crackberry. I didn't read/listen the review myself as I've read enough before on the new iPad from other sources (hotter, heavier, finally a usable rear camera, still pathetic front camera, and a great display). Personally I don't think an article was needed as there was already a link to the iMore review at the top, but whatever, it's Kevin's site and he can run things how he wants. Oh and I use Apple laptops and desktops all through my house so I don't hate Apple (actually love OS X), but iOS doesn't do anything for me beyond an iPod touch music player that connects to my Kenwood deck.
    Chrisy and maddie1128 like this.
    03-27-12 09:55 AM
    Explain to me what a person with an iphone, ipad, and 7 posts is doing here at crackberry.com.

OK, I'm not saying you aren't allowed here; anyone who agrees to the TOS is allowed to post here. I only said that to make a point, and that is I think the reason there was such a strong negative reaction to the post in question is that for so long now those who love BB have been subjected to quite a bit of verbal abuse by iFans here on crackberry. Yes, the mods have their work cut out and have been doing a fairly decent job of policing.
    But I think for most BB fans, logging on and seeing that post with its accompanying picture on a Monday morning probably felt like a slap in the face, more of the same. I know I saw it in my rss reader and rolled my eyes. Did some go way overboard in their reactions? Absolutely. But I think the CB leadership needs to consider being a little more sensitive with posts like that.
    With that said, yes, you should be familiar with other platforms. In fact, having used both android and ios I am happy with my Bold/PlayBook combo. However there is a big Mobile Nations header and footer that makes it easy for us to get that info without it feeling like we are constantly having iDevices shoved in our faces.
    I'm not slamming Adam or Blaize but I do think maybe a little more common sense could have been used, both in the post and especially in the reaction to it. Calling for someone to be fired over that specific blog post is way over the top and uncalled for.
    Why do I post? Without going in-depth, I appreciate Blackberry and a portion of the Crackberry nation, despite Apple being my brand of choice. Please, forgive me for defending the people you trust to bring you information on a daily basis...

To have iFans bash Berry users over menial or worthwhile opinions is one thing... But to have those same Berry users completely bash and destroy their fellow users over ONE post... I reiterate, ONE post... Is entirely another thing.

It's all run under Mobile Nations, folks. Meaning more than one mobile entity.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    OniBerry and JAGWIRE like this.
    03-27-12 09:55 AM
    It's not over ONE post. Look around. It's all over CrackBerry. It's a slippery slope and some of us are concerned at what CrackBerry is becoming. We're not haters. We love the site because it gives us new, tips and info on a platform we choose.

I do like checking out other platforms once in a while. There's other sites for that.

I'm sad to see that eroding.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-27-12 at 10:09 AM.
    03-27-12 10:06 AM
    Testing something new out here.... You're all going to love.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    john_v likes this.
    03-27-12 10:11 AM
    Don't take it personal Sanch, it's like 18 times bitten, and then the 19th time shy. Some users here at cb are sort of fed up. Everyone's silly opinion matters just as much

You cannot make everyone happy, and let's face it, those that you can't are usually the most vocal. Didn't know you went to the iphone? How do you like it? Did you set up a new account? I thought you had a higher post count...LoL
    Sancho90 likes this.
    03-27-12 10:12 AM
    It's not over ONE post. Look around. It's all over CrackBerry. It's a slippery slope and some of us are concerned do at what CrackBerry is becoming. We're not haters. We love the site because it gives us new, tips and info on a platform we choose.

I'm sad to see that eroding.
    I remember when your current comrades were ready to burn you at the stake for daring to feel free enough to use other devices and compare them to Blackberry devices.
    reeneebob and avt123 like this.
    03-27-12 10:12 AM
    I do follow news about other mobile platforms, but I agree with the op ipad stuff doesn't belong on crackberry. You would never see bb stuff on imore (horribly name imho). Kevin is just trying to make money though...
    03-27-12 10:14 AM
    Testing something new out here.... You're all going to love.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    For the love of all that is sane, please don't let it be a device with "i" in it, Kev. We don't wanna create more mass hysteria, and not bowing down at the shrine of RIM is a mortal sin these days.
    Sancho90 likes this.
    03-27-12 10:14 AM
    Who decides who has the right to post here? The 'collective'?

At some point you had 7, or less, as well.

I think my man Bob Dylan said it best:

"Come gather 'round people
    Wherever you roam
    And admit that the waters
    Around you have grown
    And accept it that soon
    You'll be drenched to the bone
    If your time to you
    Is worth savin'
    Then you better start swimmin'
    Or you'll sink like a stone
    For the times they are a-changin'"

Joe Budden also comes to mind. If that's more your flavor.

Cheers!
    03-27-12 10:17 AM
170 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD