It's absolutely pathetic, the outcry over a blog post. Are people that threatened by apple? What's more pathetic is that crackberry/mobile nations actually moved the post! Is cross promotion between sites really that bad a thing? To some, sure, I suppose it is, but to the majority? A few vocal members have now proven that they can censor crackberry. A frightening precedent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dare CrackBerry to do this experiment. Post the OS2 playbook review on imore, android central, and the windows forum and let's see what the comments are
    03-26-12 07:14 PM
    You should put the OS2 Playbook review on iMore and android central and the windows site...front page news baby
    They did.

http://www.imore.com/2012/02/24/blac...re-comparison/

http://www.androidcentral.com/blackb...laybook-tablet

Oh the HORROR!!!!! I hear Rene Richie and Phil Nickinson are both in the witness protection program.
    03-26-12 07:19 PM
    I dare CrackBerry to do this experiment. Post the OS2 playbook review on imore, android central, and the windows forum and let's see what the comments are
    Who cares about the comments from a handful of people that are too immature to handle real life? And more fool mobile nations for pandering to it.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    03-26-12 07:25 PM
    Isn't it interesting that the ones who think true BB users are silly to complain about unrelated content sign with posted from my [fill in the Apple, Android or other non-BB device here] using Tapatalk.

They clearly have an agenda to destroy RIM and deprive people from having another choice. We tolerate them in the forums out of politeness. When they get some space on the front Page and we complain they call us all sorts of things. This community is being eaten away and the leadership is uninterested, or worse.
    What a massive load.....I hope my signature here reads "posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk" simply to disprove your massive generalization. I am a HUGE BB fan. I have no less than FOUR BB OS 7 devices and will get a BB 10. I ABSOLUTELY do not have an agenda to destroy RIM or deprive people their choice because BB is MY choice. I simply love tech, phones in particular.
    You tolerate me out of politeness? I have owned BB devices since 2007 and have had a BES device since 2004. I will continue to get BB devices because I prefer the platform. But I am open minded enough to want to try other platforms.
    Tolerate away. But my choices are made out of hands on, day to day use. Informed choices.
    Think next time before you post such reactionary, unstudied, judgemental and arrogant rhetoric.
    You tolerate. How ridiculous. Your definition of "we" does not own this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 03-26-12 at 07:46 PM.
    03-26-12 07:44 PM
    It's absolutely pathetic, the outcry over a blog post. Are people that threatened by apple? What's more pathetic is that crackberry/mobile nations actually moved the post! Is cross promotion between sites really that bad a thing? To some, sure, I suppose it is, but to the majority? A few vocal members have now proven that they can censor crackberry. A frightening precedent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good lord. Lackeys like those in an African government who truly think they are the crown jewels and the minions better just be happy with whatever they can scrape.

Sorry. It just doesn't work that way. Without "a few vocal members" (actually from that uproar, it's the majority), this site will not exist. The tribe here let it be known that they didn't like the iPad blogs on the front page, so like a sensible site that respects the reason why they exist, they moved it.

Whats so hard to figure about that? Don't oblige the minions, the minions will move on to greener pastures and this place will have to fend for itself. It aint hard to figure.
    Chrisy and sapperuk like this.
    03-26-12 07:47 PM
    Isn't it interesting that the ones who think true BB users are silly to complain about unrelated content sign with posted from my [fill in the Apple, Android or other non-BB device here] using Tapatalk.

They clearly have an agenda to destroy RIM and deprive people from having another choice. We tolerate them in the forums out of politeness. When they get some space on the front Page and we complain they call us all sorts of things. This community is being eaten away and the leadership is uninterested, or worse.
    You should step away from the CPU for awhile.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    03-26-12 07:48 PM
    I didn't read all 4 pages because honestly it seems to be more of the same around here lately. More complaining, whining and malcontent because something Apple or Android was posted on Crackberry. Really? I've spent less time here lately because quite frankly the forums here have become somewhat...laughable. Are we as BlackBerry users that insecure about our tech choices that we have stooped to this level of bickering and complaining?

Just for a reference point I'm typing this out on my PlayBook while watching an episode of Life on NetFlix via my iPad 2 and BBM'ing on my Bold 9900. Guess there is room for more than 1 company to be represented per household.
    Last edited by Cozmik; 03-26-12 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    03-26-12 07:56 PM
    yet everyones perfectly ok with the monday brief that covers all platforms. hmmm
    Maybe Adam should have shown some cleavage... I bet no one would be talking about the linked post then. :P
    03-26-12 08:27 PM
    They did.

http://www.imore.com/2012/02/24/blac...re-comparison/

http://www.androidcentral.com/blackb...laybook-tablet

Oh the HORROR!!!!! I hear Rene Richie and Phil Nickinson are both in the witness protection program.

Thanks, I never visit those forums (great, I can use the embarrassed emoticon)
    03-26-12 08:49 PM
    Yes. This is CrackBerry. Yes, it is devoted to all things BlackBerry.

But without the knowledge of other products, regardless of company, how could we ever fully understand what makes BlackBerry a BlackBerry.

People always say "PlayBook can do this better than..." You wouldn't know that without reading or using the competition. That in turn, makes you a traitor. Be gone!
    03-26-12 08:59 PM
    Wow. For real

Just... wow. Some folks take technology really, really seriously.

I am scared to say I use a non-RIM device now.
    03-26-12 09:08 PM
    Thanks, I never visit those forums (great, I can use the embarrassed emoticon)
    It's cool. You won't be there first here to form an opinion with no data to back it up.

Kinda the norm actually.
    03-26-12 09:40 PM
    A lot of people complaining about the original post bothering them.

Did I miss something? Some new legislation that states blog posts MUST be read? Or has the internet changed? Do random postings hijack our eyes and force us to imbibe content?

Did someone really call the post "offensive?" I was looking for child abuse, or disgusting acts with animals caught on tape.
    vrs626 likes this.
    03-26-12 09:51 PM
    A lot of people complaining about the original post bothering them.

Did I miss something? Some new legislation that states blog posts MUST be read? Or has the internet changed? Do random postings hijack our eyes and force us to imbibe content?

Did someone really call the post "offensive?" I was looking for child abuse, or disgusting acts with animals caught on tape.
    Hilarious!!
    03-26-12 10:14 PM
    talk about hubris and not listening to their users. Ironic hows what people have been saying about RIM. For a while now I've been thinking the only value this site or any website has is in their users. Seems ignorant to make light of what users think. But I guess this site does listen to their users, its just not the ones that use blackberrys.
    renzokuken.tan and Chrisy like this.
    03-26-12 10:31 PM
    talk about hubris and not listening to their users. Ironic hows what people have been saying about RIM. For a while now I've been thinking the only value this site or any website has is in their users. Seems ignorant to make light of what users think. But I guess this site does listen to their users, its just not the ones that use blackberrys.
    Or, could it be that some of the users are unreasonable? Just a thought.

I have never seen a bigger set of BB lovers than the folks who run this site. They are completely enamored by the product, and wear their affection proudly.

Some folks get wound up because they don't wear RIM drawers. Site owner wears a t-shirt that does not proclaim RIM is a piece of heaven, and some people suffer cardiac arrest. That exemplifies a hold on reality that is tenuous at best.

Don't like that some people mix and match products, like NORMAL people? Buy a parka, move to an unincorporated part of Waterloo and howl at the RIM man in the moon. Plus... there is much bandwith out there... hint, hint.
    03-26-12 10:42 PM
    Can one of you mods please close this thread?
    You're only shooting the site in the foot by engaging those who are upset. Or maybe you guys just want them to either leave or take it.

I'm not terribly offended by the original post but I don't really understand why it was necessary either.

Frankly, all I'm seeing is the same bashing of RIM-folk and all th false equivalencies that go with it.

Kevin, I hope you can come up with something to calm everyone down cause at the moment your subordinates/mods aren't helping.
    renzokuken.tan likes this.
    03-26-12 10:48 PM
    It's still there - just not on the front page anymore. Happy medium.

http://crackberry.com/new-ipad-review-2012

And FTR cross promoting big reviews on the Mobile Nations site is something we've always done and isn't anything new
    I've just finished reading the 125 comments on the article and going through this thread after posting.

. Wow that article was long and intense.

The article was well written, presented the ipad as it currently is. If the articles about the ipad was written objectively in the past 6 months (all write ups) then the reaction would be different. If this was presented last year with the ipad 2 the reaction might be different.
    Since this is not the case added with the reactions of personal experiences with iphone/ipad owners then as a "blackberry fans/owners" become alittle defensive of what we love/use. (I regularly get pressured to convert)

I have tried the ipad, tested my friends iphone and they are not for me but many ipad owners will never even touch a playbook. I have read almost all the article about the pb and ipad so I know quite a bit about both products.

Maybe a similar review when the ipad 4 and bb os10 arrives the reception might be different.

Now going to fight through the next 100 post to see what people have to say
    After reading.
    --. Aww this was so tame
    Points were valid.
    - Monday briefing is a good idea.
    - As tech bloggers, you do need to know the other OSs (consumers need to know to for us to have something to want : not referring to product but improved features) - bb all the way
    - I was also surprised that the ipad review was on the main Page when I logged in earlier in the day and the only reason I fully read it was because of this of this thread. (glorified apple article, just wish I can read a rare glorified blackberry article)
    Last edited by cajualaddict; 03-26-12 at 11:38 PM. Reason: After reading...
    03-26-12 11:04 PM
    Since Adobe has officially abandoned mobile Flash development, there’s no point even mentioning Flash on the iPad anymore. (You can still use workarounds if a site you need hasn’t made an app or updated for HTML5 yet.) There’s still no access to media or documents from Safari, however. So, for example, you still can’t upload a picture to Facebook or a video to YouTube unless you leave Safari and use the Facebook or YouTube app (or an app that supports their services).
    I think this is THE BEST statement on the internet. This is a shining example of apples hold on the masses, 'it is awesome because its an apple product... thats why'!!!

Lets look at what this actually says:

Since Adobe has officially abandoned mobile Flash development, there’s no point even mentioning Flash on the iPad anymore.
    The original iPad was released in April of 2010. Flash was 'discontinued' around November 2011, but is STILL being used by MANY sites. That is pretty much TWENTY (20) months of ZERO Flash capability in the browser. Yes, not allowing Flash may be 'ok' now... but how about 20 months ago? OK, whatever, lets not worry about that... Flash is dead so lets move on.

(You can still use workarounds if a site you need hasn’t made an app or updated for HTML5 yet.)
    But... wait... you just said 'there’s no point even mentioning Flash on the iPad anymore' ... but if sites still use flash is there not A POINT TO IT?
    [Side Note: The answer is 'YES, and there has been since April 2010]

There’s still no access to media or documents from Safari, however. So, for example, you still can’t upload a picture to Facebook or a video to YouTube

Hold on... 'there’s no point even mentioning Flash on the iPad anymore' ... unless you want to use two of the most popular sites on the internet (which are the same TWO sites that have been THE MOST POPULAR since APRIL 2010!).

So what the do I do if i want to use those sites...

unless you leave Safari and use the Facebook or YouTube app (or an app that supports their services).
    THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT!

But apps arent crutches... they are features...
    LMAO

Whatever... at least we have an AWESOME SCREEN

Charging the almost double-capacity battery of the new iPad also takes almost twice as long. Roughly 9 hours. That makes it more of a plan-ahead and leave-it-overnight activity than previous iPads.
    Just have to make sure we charge it the whole night and on the way to work.

[Side Note: This is NOT an attack against the author, I am just stating the facts. People dont THINK before they make choices and statements regarding Apple products any more because it is ingrained in them that 'Apple' equaly 'quality']
    Last edited by FSeverino; 03-26-12 at 11:17 PM.
    SnoozerBold and sapperuk like this.
    03-26-12 11:12 PM
    "...wants to know what is on those distant shores called Apple, Android or Windows 8..... How else do you keep informed???? "

When I feel the need to research I utilize google.ca using various search terms, or would bookmark;

http://www.imore.com/?utm_source=top...ns&utm_term=cb

imho !
    03-26-12 11:24 PM
    With all "due" respect, the Crackberry community would degrade to blind faith followers otherwise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Really? I do not believe any of the "open minded" folks on here would (or do) have any trouble finding coverage of other platforms on other sites. There's no shortage of that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-26-12 11:59 PM
    You know it. They can't do it in real life so their alter ego comes out when they get behind that LCD. I'M A BADASS......till about 8am, now I'm life's victim again....
    03-27-12 12:10 AM
    This whole thing is starting to get really over the top. It's actually getting pretty pathetic.

THEY ARE CELL PHONES AND TABLETS.

Get a grip.

EDIT

And having read through the comments on the linked blog, I am appalled. The abuse that was heaped on Bla1ze and Adam is GD pathetic. It's appalling and embarrassing. Bla1ze, Adam, Kevin et al...just wow. You guys have my utmost respect for the crap you deal with from some of your users.

If it was me I'd have gone on a ban a thon throughout that comment list starting with Captain CAPS LOCK.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-27-12 at 01:12 AM.
    vrs626 likes this.
    03-27-12 01:02 AM
    This whole thing is starting to get really over the top. It's actually getting pretty pathetic.

THEY ARE CELL PHONES AND TABLETS.

Get a grip.

EDIT

And having read through the comments on the linked blog, I am appalled. The abuse that was heaped on Bla1ze and Adam is GD pathetic. It's appalling and embarrassing. Bla1ze, Adam, Kevin et al...just wow. You guys have my utmost respect for the crap you deal with from some of your users.

If it was me I'd have gone on a ban a thon throughout that comment list starting with Captain CAPS LOCK.
    I didnt read the comments in that thread bc i knew what i would see.

I would just like to say that there is a difference between 'mine is better' and 'i think this device has a flaw, like...'

I believe that a lot of people are falling into the 'mine is better' category, but i do see a lot of people who are trying to point out some things that do need to be mentioned and discussed if you want to talk about 'true value' or 'true worthiness' of a device.
    03-27-12 02:29 AM
    If I wanted news on different platforms I'd go to engadget or similar.

I come to CrackBerry because I'm #TeamBlackBerry.

Nuff said.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-27-12 02:53 AM
170 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD