Its totally okay even awesome! to own different phones/tablets etc but this is CrackBerry it should be "ALL THINGS BB" IMO

Good night, don't let the pitch forks bite
    Read my post on the first page of this thread please...
    03-26-12 03:25 PM
    CrackBerry isn't an island but if I wanted to read about Apple I would visit iMore (and do). Isn't that what Mobile Nations is for? Specific platforms. I am getting tired of reading about Apple.

Yes, we all know there are other platforms. I come to CrackBerry to read about...yeah, BlackBerry! I went to Android Central to read about Google phones.

I can easily click the tab for iMore if I want Apple news. I know Kevin was super annoyed at my comments on the Kevin thread, but this is what I mean. Just because Mobile Nations is one, just let CrackBerry be about BlackBerry and the other sites cover their interest.

I do find it annoying to have Apple and Google news on CrackBerry. Call me a hater but that isn't accurate. I just don't want to be forced to read about other platforms when I come here to learn BlackBerry news and tips. It really has changed.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-26-12 at 03:33 PM.
    03-26-12 03:28 PM
    The reaction to the blog post was pretty hilarious to me, as well as the reaction to the reaction.

On the one hand there are those who still see CB as purely a BB fan site, when truthfully it stopped being that once it got sold and became part of the larger entity it is now. Once that happened, everyone on staff became employees...and employees tend to do as directed, right? So the blog post is just them doing their job; somebody pulling the strings wants more cross-pollination and they made a pitch. Ill-advised maybe, but eh. *shrug*

On the other hand..."haters"? Really? LOL. Please don't assume everyone should just fall in line. We're not employees after all. *shrug*
    Last edited by Majestic Lion; 03-27-12 at 07:34 AM. Reason: stupid PB autocorrect; I might as well be using an...*shudder*...iProduct.
    03-26-12 03:29 PM
    we do and we're labeled traitors.
    You a traitor? Never.
    03-26-12 03:35 PM
    Just to be a voice for the nutters...I think the BB fans/freaks have been generally beaten to a pulp and as a general thing are angry. To be honest, I was surprised to see it on the front page. Then I chuckled and said to myself 'Stay away from that article'

If RIM's 'image' was more healthy, it would have been less likely to see the venom flying.
    I completely agree... BB users have been harassed by friends, family and co-workers about how they're using an old outdated technology and CB is probably among the few places left on the internet where BB and RIM are even respectfully dealt with...

I did not click on the said article and ignored it... May be some were burnt much more to let it stay! It's easy to be gracious and acknowledge other's achievements when you're winning... And some folks even dont do that... Have you read the comments on the Playbook review at iMore?

No matter what you say about not taking these things personally... we all have been in such situations where we're defending RIM as if its our own company...
    03-26-12 03:41 PM
    People are bound to be offended regardless of what we do. Either we don't post about the other platforms and we're labeled closed-minded, or we do and we're labeled traitors. It's all in the nature of blogging, it is what it is, and we accept that.
    This is doubtful. If all you posted about were Blackberry devices on a site called CRACKBERRY, who would call you closed minded? That and the fact that if you want to learn about other platforms, links to devoted sites about them aren't exactly hard to find.

Why link an article about the Ipad anyway? Whats the point? Even people living under a rock have seen articles from tossed away newspapers detailing the device by now for Pete's sake.
    03-26-12 04:01 PM
    Ha! I do hate on apps more often than I should I'll give you that.
    I don't mind the articles about apps. I hate the celebrity sightings junk. My only interest in celebrities is for their jobs: seeing movies they are in. I don't care who they're dating, what they're wearing, and especially don't care what kinds of phones they own.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-26-12 04:11 PM
    I do find it annoying to have Apple and Google news on CrackBerry. Call me a hater but that isn't accurate. I just don't want to be forced to read about other platforms when I come here to learn BlackBerry news and tips. It really has changed.
    No one forces you to do anything, if you don't want to read it -- skip over it like countless others have mentioned (and done).

Just because something exists, doesn't mean you have to acknowledge it.
    03-26-12 04:20 PM
    I'm really hoping none of those commenters work for RIM. What a shame when some members are so full of hatred that they try to control the content. Here's hoping they do find a new place to frequent. Keep up the good work, crackberry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yasmar likes this.
    03-26-12 04:26 PM
    No one forces you to do anything, if you don't want to read it -- skip over it like countless others have mentioned (and done).

Just because something exists, doesn't mean you have to acknowledge it.
    It clutters up my feeds (Twitter and Google Reader). If I want CB news, and I do, I have to have every blog come through. Anyway, no sense debating it. Business is business and I know we don't have a say in this site. I can unsubscribe to the feeds though I suppose; I may end up doing that if the news becomes split bewteen BB and Apple. So far, it hasn't. We'll see.

It seems some mods are cracking down on the posting of Apple threads within CrackBerry and many of us are grateful for that. This applies to the blogs also.

I think it's a shame. That's just MY opinion.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-26-12 at 04:37 PM.
    03-26-12 04:30 PM
    It clutters up my feeds (Twitter and Google Reader). If I want CB news, and I do, I have to have every blog come through. Anyway, no sense debating it. Business is business and I know we don't have a say in this site. I can unsubscribe to the feeds though I suppose; I may end up doing that if the news becomes split bewteen BB and Apple. So far, it hasn't. We'll see.

It seems some mods are cracking down on the posting of Apple threads within CrackBerry and many of us are grateful for that. This applies to the blogs also.

Hah, one post cluttered up your feed? You're silly.
    On another note, nice to see you've joined Twitter, I know you said you didn't have an account when the whole "ZOMG Kevin wore an iMore shirt" nonsense was going on. To avoid that one pesky tweet bothering you, you may want to look into following more people. Then it will quickly disappear from your timeline.
    03-26-12 04:51 PM
    Yes! I follow Kevin now. He was mostly right in his reply that was towards me. I only follow my friends and family. I don't have an active timeline and that's how I like it. I did think it was neat getting the CB feed on there. Like I said, so far it has only been a few news related to Apple or Google. Not too much yet. I will wait and see. No need to take what I say and make it seem like I'm freaking out. Saying That I'm acting "silly" in a veiled insult does not change my opinion. I am just voicing my opinions. If there are too many articles related to Apple and Google, I'll not subscribe. No big deal.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-26-12 at 05:46 PM.
    03-26-12 04:53 PM
    People are bound to be offended regardless of what we do. Either we don't post about the other platforms and we're labeled closed-minded, or we do and we're labeled traitors. It's all in the nature of blogging, it is what it is, and we accept that.

As for the tshirt, I thought everyone had moved past that after Kevin's lengthy reply on the matter here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post7248205

Michelle, with all do respect, I do not think there would be that much uproar in the Crackberry community if Crackberry lacked in coverage of other platforms

I do not feel that is a valid excuse/reason
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-26-12 05:07 PM
    Michelle, with all do respect, I do not think there would be that much uproar in the Crackberry community if Crackberry lacked in coverage of other platforms

I do not feel that is a valid excuse/reason
    With all "due" respect, the Crackberry community would degrade to blind faith followers otherwise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-26-12 05:15 PM
    I second this opinion. As someone that is a tech geek, I make it my business to know at least the basics about other platforms and I go to their platform-specific sites to learn. I approach it with an open mind but I choose to stick with BlackBerry.

Whenever a BlackBerry site starts talking about the other guys, it seems it inevitably leads to more and more information about the others and less and less BB-specific info (PinStack and Driphter come immediately to mind). I would hope that wouldn't happen to CrackBerry but then again, I never thought PinStack would go in that direction either.

I come to CrackBerry to read BB news, nothing else. If I want news on the other guys I will go to their sites or google it if need be. Yes, I can just skip over the non-BB articles and that is typically what I do - but I do find it irritating that they are on here nevertheless.

Just another opinion from the peanut gallery...
    Chrisy and renzokuken.tan like this.
    03-26-12 05:27 PM
    With all "due" respect, the Crackberry community would degrade to blind faith followers otherwise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    lol... thanks for the spelling correction. Whether the Crackberry community would degrade to blind faith followers is not the issue at hand nor relevant to the conversation.

The bottomline is that I feel the community as a whole would not object to lack of coverage of the other platforms. What this results in is another issue.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-26-12 05:36 PM
    The reaction to the blog post was pretty hilarious to me, as well as the reaction to the reaction.

On the one hand there are those who still see CB as purely a BB fan site, when truthfully it stopped being that once it got sold and became part of the larger entity it is now. Once that happened, everyone on staff became employees...and employees tend to do as directed, right? So the blog post is just then doing their job; somebody pulling the strings wants more cross-pollination and they made a pitch. I'll-advised maybe, but eh. *shrug*

On the other hand..."haters"? Really? LOL. Please don't assume everyone should just fall in line. We're not employees after all. *shrug*
    100% agree.
    Majestic Lion likes this.
    03-26-12 05:40 PM
    I do not agree with this. People who do not like "other" companies and/or other companies' products being posted on here should also realize that there are forums on this site dedicated to other smartphone brands (links to Android Central and iPhone websites). All those sites are connected and interrelated - I saw Android Central be referred to as CrackBerry's "sister site" from someone on this site a while ago. So it shouldn't be alarming that Apple and RIM products overlap on the same site. It's good for business. For example, if CrackBerry posts a story about Apple, perhaps Apple sites might also post things about RIM. It promotes friendly relations between the two products/companies; and I don't think anyone should be alarmed by it. If anything, we should be proud that CrackBerry/BlackBerry users are respectful enough to post things about Apple and their competing brands. It diffuses animosity and makes both sides friendlier.
    03-26-12 05:41 PM
    Can we please just get back to enjoying the wonders of modern technology without the tantrums?
    Michelle Haag and addicted44 like this.
    03-26-12 05:46 PM
    No. We cannot.
    sapperuk likes this.
    03-26-12 05:50 PM
    I didn't read anything really past the first page, this is all so silly.

BUT what I do love is the communication from Moderators and Crackberry Staffers.

So cool, good job folks!
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    03-26-12 06:03 PM
    yet everyones perfectly ok with the monday brief that covers all platforms. hmmm
    03-26-12 06:07 PM
    You should put the OS2 Playbook review on iMore and android central and the windows site...front page news baby
    Chrisy and alnamvet68 like this.
    03-26-12 06:12 PM
    It's absolutely pathetic, the outcry over a blog post. Are people that threatened by apple? What's more pathetic is that crackberry/mobile nations actually moved the post! Is cross promotion between sites really that bad a thing? To some, sure, I suppose it is, but to the majority? A few vocal members have now proven that they can censor crackberry. A frightening precedent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-26-12 06:17 PM
    The comments in that blog post are just sad. Some people just need to get back in touch with reality.
    03-26-12 06:30 PM
170 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD