God Bless Paxil!
    08-04-09 12:06 PM
    I just had a friend delete me cuz they haven't taken their meds yet...they weren't comfortable with taking meds yet.

I told them to "Do it...don't be a d!ck"

I wish I had someone tell me that several years ago, it would have saved me a lot of pain!!

Good luck buddy! I'm still here for ya!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 02:11 PM
    I take paxil but for the side effects. I can if I don't take it for a few days I get a weird feeling in my head
    & my wife thinks I start being a tail hole. It helps me with anger.

08-13-09 12:31 PM
    My doc switched me to Cymbalta...I don't notice any side FX, but it seems to work better for the depression and helps me to stay more focus and motivated.

The worse thing for me is to isolate myself and do nothing...it just feeds off itself at that point.

08-16-09 11:52 AM
    Cymbalta is really good for depression.
    develpoed 3000 non-cancerous tumors, which prevented me from doing my dutoies as a husband and father

08-16-09 02:09 PM
    10 years ago I was diagnosed with Major Depression, PTSD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder w/Panic Attacks. Celexa saved my life. I was also on Klonopin for awhile. The Depression and PTSD are under control now and I'm able to to manage it and the anxiety without meds.

Let me clear up some misinforrmation I read. First, anti-depressants (Zoloft, Prozac, Celexa, etc) are not habit forming. Meds used to treat anxiety (Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, etc) very much can be.

Second, NO anti-depressant is going to make you feel better in 4 days. They take about 6 weeks to kick in. It sucks but that's just how they work. I found that the side effects, while annoying, did eventually subside. Anti-depressants take a lot of patience!

I'm not a medical professional, just a 39 year old woman who's struggled with depression and anxiety for as long as she can remember (officially diagnosed in 1999) who reads everything she can on her disorders.

Feel free to add me to BBM if you want to chat! 30C00AF2
    08-19-09 03:34 AM
    OMG i was typing this whole long think about me dealing with anxiety but i deleted it cause i felt i was saying to much in what happen to me *LOL* anyways here is a good link that might help out Online Support Groups and Forums at DailyStrength just sign up and choose what you like its all free
    08-19-09 11:56 PM
    Anyone interested in a BBM support group? Let me know.
    10-12-09 08:05 PM
    I set up a support group for us on BBM. Here's the barcode if you'd like to join:

10-25-09 12:19 AM
    I have severe/major depression episodes from time to time...usually more than not! It gets worse as I get older...

I know that I can't be the only on on CB who has been diagnosed with a clinical form of depression! This is not a place for medical advice, just a place where we can come to feel a little normal with our abnormalties...

I hope this thread thrives!!

Scientists say depressed individuals are the most analytical thinkers on the planet. They have the ability to break anything down and analyze it to death.

So while it may seem a bad thing at first, maybe there is potential to do some amazing things with it. I have no idea.
    10-25-09 02:47 AM

"I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn't one I'll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it's worth it." -Author Unknown

10-27-09 02:02 PM
    Depression has the potential to be a two part "dis-ease".

1.) Chemical

2.) "Psychological"

The first part depends on balancing the chemistry of the mind, and the second part relies on your personal outlook on life, and how you deal with your life.

All the medication in the world won't make you feel better- it'll just make you fuzzy, and zombified.

The goal of medication is to give you *that much* breathing room in your brain to be able to function somewhat "normally".

That's when psychology comes in, it help's you rethink the way you think- so that you can change the way you view life, and get over past traumas that may be rearing their ugly heads.

The best results occur when both work hand in hand.

And then of course sometimes people go through rough times in which depression is strictly a "psychological" "dis-ease", in which medication isn't required, nor practical- but helps.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 10-27-09 at 04:16 PM.
    10-27-09 03:59 PM
    Tried to join the group but just get "waiting for join response..."

But feel free to add me, 20FC1A58, just to talk or anything...
    12-24-09 07:30 PM
    Mostly dealt with major depression

Last edited by RobSlayer213; 12-25-14 at 01:15 AM.
    12-26-09 05:27 PM
    I have one everyday. its called waking up. And it is pushed further when i roll over and realize either my significant other has already left for work, gotten out of bed before me, or i remember she decided not to spend the night.
    12-28-09 04:08 PM
    I have clinical depression with bi-polar tendancies ... most days are a struggle, good to know I am not completely alone.. although somedays it feels like it.

PM me is you need someone to chat with!
    12-31-09 12:26 AM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD