I have tried to give Twitter a fair shot but at the end of the day it is just
    plain stupid.

Between the multiple retweets of the same BS, the banal details of peoples
    lives (seriously, I don't give a damn that you are having a foot long pastrami
    at Subway), the useless pictures, and the whole text message feel of the
    thing I am done. Twitter sucks and to me seems a platform for the self
    absorbed who think people are interested in their little lives.

This is the second most ridiculous form of communication. Only text
    messaging is dumber than Twitter.
    04-05-10 12:52 AM
    I know what you mean, but I do have a twitter account. Only use to keep updated with sites(engadget, CB, etc..) cause I could care less what and where you are at every moment.
    04-05-10 01:05 AM
    I hear you Hondteg but I can just as easily check those things via RSS or launchers
    04-05-10 01:20 AM
    Twitter is what you make it...if you're following those people who Tweet about their subs at subway then that's what you've made it to be. Find the resources you enjoy, then Twitter becomes more enjoyable as a user.

wth were you doing following Jared Fogle anyways? LMAO!!
    04-05-10 02:00 AM
    twitter... facebook... myspace... DELETED

i never understood these. i thought they were for bands to show people gig listings & stuff? now every teenager or village ***** deems themselves so important that the WORLD wants to know what they had for breakfast!?

these apps are overkill & only added to sell more BBs (to wannabe teenagers & village idiots). BB is one of the best communication solutions with it's own messenger, email, text, phone PLUS messengers you'd use at home.

i keep msn / icq & yahoo, other people will draw their own line i guess.
    04-05-10 03:55 AM
    I am guilty of faccia-booka. When I do update fb I always put stupid updates like...pickin my a$$ again. Or, I just sh*t gold cuff links, mom was right! I also started out with almost 200 friends from high school, life, whatnot...and have since been defriended by at least 80 of them for being sarcastic responding to their status updates. Ah well.

But this twitter thing? I can't even bring myself to open it. I think if I ever heard myself saying "I just tweeted" I would have to blow the brains out the back of my head with the nearest weapon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 05:55 AM
    Twitter is what you make it...if you're following those people who Tweet about their subs at subway then that's what you've made it to be. Find the resources you enjoy, then Twitter becomes more enjoyable as a user.
    Best statement here. I have 13 people on Twitter that I actually know personally. The rest are sports writers and other people in sports. Of those 13 I know, they treat it as I do. A few people I follow

-Adam Schefter
    -Peter King
    -Ken Rosenthal
    -Daneil Jermiah (movethesticks.com draft expert)
    -Buster Olney

Just to name a few. What I love about these guys are they answer tweets of meatballs such as myself. Questions that they answer that they sometimes won't cover in a column.

I'll admit that I was following a few others like Jose Canseco and Warren Sapp. My goodness, Canseco's tweets were like following a soon-to-be mother @ 8 months who is crabby.

I was really critical of Twitter but when I utilized it to my advantage, it works fine for me.

04-05-10 06:23 AM
    Best statement here. I have 13 people on Twitter that I actually know personally. The rest are sports writers and other people in sports. Of those 13 I know, they treat it as I do. A few people I follow

-Adam Schefter
    -Peter King
    -Ken Rosenthal
    -Daneil Jermiah (movethesticks.com draft expert)
    -Buster Olney

Just to name a few. What I love about these guys are they answer tweets of meatballs such as myself. Questions that they answer that they sometimes won't cover in a column.

I'll admit that I was following a few others like Jose Canseco and Warren Sapp. My goodness, Canseco's tweets were like following a soon-to-be mother @ 8 months who is crabby.

I was really critical of Twitter but when I utilized it to my advantage, it works fine for me.

Agreed with you guys.

Twitter is not meant to be a one way megaphone for spouting useless info. It's a very quick and easy way of sharing and acquiring info. Facebook live feed works in a similar way; I use it a lot for my work as so many individuals that I need to contact all at once are on there.
    04-05-10 07:23 AM
    Twitter is the best news feed out there for things you are interested in. If you don't want "my guts are busting after 14 hamburgers" stop following that person and look for the things that are interesting to you, I only follow certain blogs and some of my closest friends, I never get the random messages you are referring to in the OP.

Also, what's wrong with text messaging!?
    04-05-10 07:37 AM
    Sorry I have to agree with AG, I just think it is a big waste of time. I tried to follow business people and it was just a serious waste of time.
    04-05-10 07:42 AM
    Tweet tweet!!!

Yeah, twitter makes me want to puke! There's a little tidbit of information you really didn't care to hear...

04-05-10 08:25 AM
    Twitter is the best news feed out there for things you are interested in.
    I agree, I use Twitter for all of my news feeds and it works fantastic...
    04-05-10 08:31 AM
    I stopped using all social networking sites back in January. Twitter has got to be the biggest waste of time out of all the others. No one I know has it and I don't need news streaming on my phone. Reading the newspaper is enough for me I guess.
    04-05-10 09:09 AM
    The WA Dept of Transportation uses it for current highway and pass (snow reports) info. That was the only reason I joined and is the only place I follow. They also proovide border crossing info. I keep getting invites from friends for Facebook and have not done it. I do not have a text allowance and don't text. But I will admit I'm the over 60 set and maybe it is just not my thing. Although my 60-70 yo friends do use Facebook.
    awwww..I will miss ur tweets AG! They were rare but nice to see. I personally love twitter. I do think it is who you follow that matters. You will always get those one or two people who tweet every time they sneeze but I still enjoy the feedback and information out there.
    i have never tweeted, blogged, saw New Moon, Twilight or Avatar. I'm trying to maintain this level of purity... and to keep my sanity.
    04-05-10 09:46 AM
    @Ken #whatsforlunch

!

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

04-05-10 09:47 AM
    i have never tweeted, blogged, saw New Moon, Twilight or Avatar. I'm trying to maintain this level of purity... and to keep my sanity.
    i've twated in the past, i blog 2/3 times a week, never seen T/NM or Avatar.... and i am a sane person.... *shrugs*

04-05-10 02:28 PM
    i've twated in the past, i blog 2/3 times a week, never seen T/NM or Avatar.... and i am a sane person in my mind.... *shrugs*

WAPers do it With A Passion
    At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.

04-05-10 02:34 PM
    I never got into Twitter. I never saw the appeal of it. I can tell people boring crap about my day on Facebook well enough.

That being said, I have a horrible Facebook addiction that is unfounded, because nothing is ever going on with it.
    04-05-10 03:47 PM
    Agreed with you guys.

Twitter is not meant to be a one way megaphone for spouting useless info. .
    What it was meant to be and what it has become are two totally separate
    issues. I seriously tried to give it a fair shot.
    04-05-10 11:48 PM
    @Ken #whatsforlunch

!
    Don't make me have to tell Mom
    04-05-10 11:50 PM
    Isn't this thread on par with the endless, mind-numbing "I'm leaving BB for the iPhone, just wanted everyone to know" threads?

Just teasin' AG!

04-06-10 08:04 AM
    I joined Twitter years ago to be able to share messages with just my family - we all had accounts and it was fun to post that way to the group.

Then, it somehow morphed to a business thing. Retweets, the blatant self-promotion without useful interaction, mindless "follow me and I'll look cooler to everybody" requests, people more impressed with the number of followers and following they have than the quality of their content....

Enough.

I still have the account, but haven't posted anything in at least a year. Funny thing is - I still get the email notifications, "SoAndSo is now following you on Twitter!" Puh-leez.

I should delete everybody, add my family and block future invites so it goes back to fun again.

Or not. Maybe I'll just let it sit there and fester.
    04-07-10 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD