Yeah, in Iowa.... crossbows are only legal for disabled hunters. Doesn't seem right, because I would like to try one. I guess I don't understand the reasoning of that law...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 06:36 AM
    This is a 5yo boy with his firstt deer ever! This kid was a hoot...he was talking up a storm, and so excited and proud of his first harvest. He was almost dancing!

09-28-08 07:04 AM
    Deer / Hog hunt every chance I get.
    One of the guests this weekend was a guy from New Zealand who teaches at Iowa State University. He was telling a few of us about boar hunts in NZ...it was almost a Crocodile Dundee flashnback!

09-28-08 07:13 AM
    This was Friday nights dinner meeting.

09-28-08 07:30 AM
    A few of the guys hangin around & jaw jackin'...

09-28-08 07:35 AM
    Chow Time!!!

09-28-08 07:40 AM
    Here is a shot of my son with one of the events co-founders anmd landowner. I'm proud of my boy!!!

09-28-08 07:48 AM
    There is our local DNR Officer. The Iowa DNR also sponsors this event every year, donating 2 Hunt-Masters. A Hunt-Master is a platform designed for wheelchairs to simply roll up onto it. Once the chair is secured, the hunter and their guide are able to raise the platform hydrolically to about 30 feet high. This is an essential tool for some hunters with heavier motorized chairs that can get stuck in mud easily, which would normally limit their access to certain hunting areas.

09-28-08 08:14 AM
    Great Pics Woody, thanks for posting them
    09-28-08 12:09 PM
    Good to see your son looks more like his mom than his dad!

Looks like everyone had a good time Woody -- lots of smiles all around. It's good of you to donate your time and place.

09-28-08 12:10 PM
    Those are great pics, Woody. You never forget your first deer.

09-28-08 12:44 PM
    Good to see your son looks more like his mom than his dad!
    I hear that quite often!

Looks like everyone had a good time Woody -- lots of smiles all around. It's good of you to donate your time and place.
    There were a LOT of people who were a part of this...an event like this couldn't come together without help.

I forgot my BB this morning so I couldn't take pics, but we had 3 more deer this morning with a weekend total of 5. This year was really slow with low numbers of harvested deer...and all were small. It would have been better with cooler temps and/or even some snow on the ground.

But everyone had a good time!!!

09-28-08 01:20 PM
    We've been in the eighties here in Colorado all week. We're going to set some records before this fall is over. It's usually much cooler, 70's. My daughter was born 12 years ago yesterday in the middle of a blizzard.

09-28-08 01:35 PM
    You didn't name her Stormy or something...did you?

09-28-08 04:26 PM
    One of the guests this weekend was a guy from New Zealand who teaches at Iowa State University. He was telling a few of us about boar hunts in NZ...it was almost a Crocodile Dundee flashnback!

HAHA! Just as long as they don't throw dynamite!
    09-29-08 06:57 AM
    Today was the first day of bow season in Virginia. I could have shot a doe, but she had 2 fawns with her. So, I let her walk. I have actually been watching this doe for the last 3 years. She always has twins and she always comes out right before dusk with her fawns. Maybe I'm being a big girly girl, but as long as she is doing her part to raise 2 fawns a year; I'm going to let her keep doing it. I have a vacation day on Monday. So, except for her and her fawns, if it's brown it's down. . My freezer is empty. Lol.

10-04-08 10:42 PM
    Horrible And Evil In My Opinion
    10-18-08 12:50 AM
    Tasty and delicious....in my opinion. Welcome to the food chain

10-18-08 12:55 AM
    Tasty and delicious....in my opinion. Welcome to the food chain
    Okay I am a shocked as I was to learn that jenay plays bass.
    I would have never pegged you for a hunter (Not a bad thing by any stretch)
    10-18-08 01:44 AM
    Oh, but I am. I'm sure that jenay is full of surprises; like myself. .

10-18-08 01:56 AM
    Most people are shocked when they find out that I hunt. . However, I am very passionate about it. I have been hunting since I was about 8 years old. .

10-18-08 02:07 AM
    Most people are shocked when they find out that I hunt. . However, I am very passionate about it. I have been hunting since I was about 8 years old. .
    Oh I hear hear you. I have mad respect for hunters although I am not one.
    Most of my hunting friends do that ish way too early in the morning for me.

If I want a burger I'm not stalking a cow, I'm going to the butcher.

By the by, one of my best friends is from th UK and she says she is going "stalking" not hunting.

I keep telling her you got to get that out ish of your vocab. In at least 37 states you can
    do time for that
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-18-08 at 02:21 AM.
    10-18-08 02:16 AM
    Your friend from the UK is very wise. Lol. Obviously, I'm not a morning person, either. However, I do make exceptions this time of the year. I am half Cherokee indian and I find hunting very peaceful and exhilarating at the same time. . Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good burger as much as anybody else.

10-18-08 02:42 AM
    Your friend from the UK is very wise. Lol. Obviously, I'm not a morning person, either. However, I do make exceptions this time of the year. I am half Cherokee indian and I find hunting very peaceful and exhilarating at the same time. . Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good burger as much as anybody else.
    1/4 Lakota. The lazy, sleepy, skinny 1/4
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-18-08 at 03:25 AM.
    10-18-08 03:21 AM
    Lmao. Now that's funny, AG.

10-18-08 01:08 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD