I love how people claim to be dedicated BB users, but claim they are gonna buy another device if the slider don't come out soon, or because a feature they think should be included in the new OS isn't included in said OS...you guys obviously aren't dedicated BB users if that is the case! Just my opinion.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 11:18 PM
    I think a lot of people are "grass is greener on the other side" type people.. Once they go over, they realize all of the things the new device is lacking that the BB had and they come running back.
    07-20-10 11:21 PM
    I will stay with a brand as long as it works well for me. It's dumb to be loyal to a brand to the point that you're with a phone that no longer works for you.

I have often said I will go to Android in the future, especially if webkit isn't a good improvement over the native browser. I'm browsing more and it would be nice to be able to do that better.

I like my 9700 and will stick with it for now but if something else comes out that is better for me, then I will go to it.

07-20-10 11:28 PM
    I am not dedicated to BlackBerry (already ditched it as my primary device and took
    every BB my town uses out of service for other devices) or any other platform.

What I am dedicated to is a device that meets my needs irrespective of this BS
    "BlackBerry for life," "I will never use anything else," "I am so addicted," mentality
    that people feel they need to buy into to be in the cool kids club.

What about that is unclear?
    07-20-10 11:43 PM
    I'm going to stick to blackberry for as long as possible. For what I need on a phone, they hit the spot. Great keyboard, internet, bbm, push email, led notification light, the list goes on. I haven't had the slightest urge to trade my bb for an android. I'm way too used to blackberrys OS and everything about them to think about changing. And the iphone? Great phone but I'm the type of person that NEEDS a physical keyboard... I have no patience for touchscreen. I love my bb and once I get the bold 9650, I'll be even more happy. I'll be sticking with blackberry for a long time.

07-21-10 01:01 AM
    I agree that the people who say they are loyal to BB then are so quick to switch are full of crap!...I don't claim to be a "loyal BB user" but I am addicted to the BlackBerry and I will stay with it as long as it continues to meet my needs...I have yet to find a device that makes me wana switch...a lot of the devices coming out now are cool but have no keyboard(or the keyboard sux such as that of the Motto Droid) <---automatic deal breaker....
    Last edited by Propa; 07-21-10 at 02:16 AM. Reason: spelling error
    07-21-10 02:13 AM
    I like the Berry a lot. However, I have to admit, if an Android device came to prepaid, I might be tempted to try it out. However, if Boost ever releases a newer model BlackBerry with more RAM in the future, that could make me crack for life.
    07-21-10 02:19 PM
    I stuck to Blackberry for about 4 years but then as time advanced my needs changed and Blackberry sort of stayed the same. I don't feel it's necessary to stick to something just because of the name by anymeans.
    07-22-10 05:47 AM
    I'm going to stick to blackberry for as long as possible. For what I need on a phone, they hit the spot. Great keyboard, internet, bbm, push email, led notification light, the list goes on. I haven't had the slightest urge to trade my bb for an android. I'm way too used to blackberrys OS and everything about them to think about changing. And the iphone? Great phone but I'm the type of person that NEEDS a physical keyboard... I have no patience for touchscreen. I love my bb and once I get the bold 9650, I'll be even more happy. I'll be sticking with blackberry for a long time.

I feel the same about my BB; it does everything that I need/want it to, and I'm so used to the user interface that I can't imagine switching to something else right now. I also think sending/receiving emails is a bit faster on a BB.

I went from a Pearl 8130 to the Storm2 (got it in April), and I'm very happy with it. Some of the Droid smartphones look pretty neat, and I've messed around with my boss's Incredible a few times. It's definitely a cool phone, but I don't really have a need for a billion apps, free or not. The browser is a bit faster, but not fast enough that it would make me consider giving up all the things I like about BB smartphones.
    07-22-10 12:33 PM
    It's all about personal requirements...

1) I do roughly 100+ emails a day.
    2) I communicate with my entire team via BBM daily (via a bbm group) as we are geographically spread out.. This allows us to stay in touch all day.
    3) I travel A LOT, so, I need a battery that can get me through the day.
    4) Call quality is extremely important as spend a lot of time on the phone with clients and hosting conference calls.. Dropped calls are very inconvenient for me.

I can't think of any other device that can service these 4 requirements as well as my 9700 does.. The iPhone/Android are great, but, their OS requires so much battery power they simply can't compete in this space yet. BBM on Android/iPhone? Forget it.. Call quality? Lets not go there .. Pounding out 100+ emails on a touch screen device? No thanks!
    07-23-10 02:47 PM
    I will remain a BlackBerry user as long as they (RIM)continue serving my needs and making such awesome keyboards. Touchscreens are still relatively new and, from what I've seen from other devices, still have a long way to go. Of course, nothing beats having a physical keyboard! I really like the idea of combining both, but I strongly oppose sliders, which is why I would love to see a BlackBerry with the Palm Pixi form factor. Keyboard + Touchscreen on a candybar form. ****, I wouldn't even mind is it have to be as big as the Sprint EVO, I'd love a bigger phone.

07-23-10 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD