Was watching a program on Discovery Channel about 12 - 21 - 2012 and the end of the Mayan calendar and doomsday this and doomsday that... Do you belive anything significant will happen to Earth on that day or do you think it will be another Y2K? I am thinking it will be another day as usual ... Anyone else have a take on this day?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by llsundownll; 02-02-09 at 08:32 PM.
    02-02-09 08:29 PM
    God willing I will be celebrating my 21st wedding anniversary and
    my birthday. I never buy into these doomsday predictions.
    02-02-09 08:36 PM
    We are all doomed I tell ya, doomed!
    02-02-09 08:39 PM
    We are all doomed I tell ya, doomed!
    So, are you saying I should cancel my reservation at our favorite restaurant
    02-02-09 08:43 PM
    I'd keep the reservations!

02-02-09 08:46 PM
    So, are you saying I should cancel my reservation at our favorite restaurant
    Nah, as long as it's BBQ you're all good.....hahaha
    02-02-09 08:48 PM
    It'll be like all other doomsday predictions: Nothing will happen.
    02-02-09 08:52 PM
    I say we all get drunk and take vicodin just in case, and if nothing happens it was a **** of a pre holiday party...
    02-02-09 10:14 PM
    * H E L L.

02-02-09 10:15 PM
    Chuck Norris decides that enough is enough and roundhouse kicks the earth into oblivion.
    02-02-09 11:51 PM
    Time and Space are Illusions Created by Man to Better Grasp his self created Universe-

Time is Subjective-

Do you really think the Earth was Created in Seven Days?

Our New Year is Different From other Cultures New Years, So Which is the Official Date?

According to the Sphynx the world was supposed to end in '05.

We are still here.

I'm not trying to be cryptic, But when it comes to things of this nature, you can't help but be... Cryptic.

02-03-09 12:06 AM
    Preeeeettty sure its 12-12-2012.

02-03-09 06:09 AM
    I say we all get drunk and take vicodin just in case, and if nothing happens it was a **** of a pre holiday party...
    HAHAHAHAH! amazing! I like the way you think!
    02-03-09 01:39 PM
    Lol @ doomsday predictions. People, if we die, we die.
    02-03-09 01:58 PM
    On this date, my armies will rise and gain control of all countries. The nations will fall and bow to me, for the blood of the none believers shall shed through the streets....

...gotta go now, time for my meds......
    02-03-09 07:21 PM
    Lol @ doomsday predictions. People, if we die, we die.
    I couldn't of said it better myself...
    02-03-09 07:22 PM
    I do not believe 2012 is the end of the world. Instead, 2012 will be the beginning of a new era for Earth. You could say a golden age, i suppose. By 2012 i believe that humanity will experience amazing mental and spiritual transformations that are unfathomable at this point in time. I guess we'll see. Hopefully i'm still alive at that time to find out Something will happen but i doubt the end of the world.
    02-04-09 03:35 AM
    I do not believe 2012 is the end of the world. Instead, 2012 will be the beginning of a new era for Earth. You could say a golden age, i suppose. By 2012 i believe that humanity will experience amazing mental and spiritual transformations that are unfathomable at this point in time. I guess we'll see. Hopefully i'm still alive at that time to find out Something will happen but i doubt the end of the world.
    I have heard this theory as well-

But the foundation of this theory falls upon the need to be ready for this "jump" in expanded conciousness.

Whether or not we're there by then, who knows- Not to be a Pessimist though.

I'm sure you can argue that the earth WILL be destroyed, that our bodies WILL be destroyed-

And as Spiritual Beings we will return to our Spiritual Bodies, and leave behind these "Lower Planes" of existence and Be Restored to Our Original Nature.

A Change in Conciousness Can include Death.

Death is only Change, a Transition if you will.

Energy Can Not be Destroyed, only Transmuted- Therefore a Physical Death can Give us the Necessary "Boost" to Expand our Consciosness to Become Advanced Spiritual Beings.

(I'm Just Trying to Expand on Your Theory of Course, OR Give You Another Possible Slant On It.)
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 02-04-09 at 11:14 AM.
    02-04-09 11:06 AM
    All Blackberry's will permanently stop function. Use 'em while you can.
    02-04-09 12:05 PM
    All Blackberry's will permanently stop function. Use 'em while you can.
    Maybe that's what the Mayans were referring to when they made their prophecy!

02-04-09 12:32 PM
    Is it actually the end of the world then, or did they just run out of space on their big stone that they used for a calendar, and not have room for anything after 2012?

02-04-09 01:02 PM
    I remember we were all supposed to be in total darkness and living some kind of survivalist nuclear winter after Y2K.

I think it would be interesting to see how many "end of the world" dates have come and gone.
    02-04-09 01:20 PM
    I watched that same special. I do not believe that crap. That is funny to me. I think some sheep may buy into that theory but not me. At any given time in the day turn on discovery channel. They will be talking about the earth ending one way or another. Lol that's funny.

02-04-09 01:33 PM
    Chuck Norris decides that enough is enough and roundhouse kicks the earth into oblivion.
    I would totally go with your theory, but if the what i heard about Chuck recently getting his *** kicked by a group of teens is true all of Chucks crediability went out the window
    02-04-09 02:04 PM
    I would totally go with your theory, but if the what i heard about Chuck recently getting his *** kicked by a group of teens is true all of Chucks crediability went out the window
    Chuck Let them Win, Being the Warrior-Humanitarian that he Is...
    02-04-09 02:19 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD