How do you guys deal with people on the interwebs that just want to make your life horrible? I know not to feed them but sometimes you just want to..haha

I made a comment on a youtube video about the passport. I wrote that I had a Z30, Passport and now the Classic because they are all such good devices and how BB10 is a good OS for workhorses

So some person just bashed me saying how I could have gotten an android phone with better apps and features and I'm just showing off that I had/have 3 devices

Just my venting today lol...

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 07:30 PM
    It's ok man. I to get a lot of hate.
    But what I always say
    "Technology is only as good as the user"
    Those who have tried BlackBerry10 and disliked it is probably because they didn't know the ins-and-outs of the device to make the whole experience pleasant.... because we all know as BlackBerry users, that BlackBerry10 is very nice to use (hub, gestures, etc)
    So people who troll you are for sure people who are bias or have never used a BlackBerry10 device in their life!

They hate us! Cause they ain't us!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    01-01-15 07:34 PM
    I'll engage a little. But normally I just ignore them. It's not worth getting all worked up over the internet.
    john_v, kbz1960 and shaleem like this.
    01-01-15 07:35 PM
    I'll engage a little. But normally I just ignore them. It's not worth getting all worked up over the internet.
    I know but sometimes you just want to reek havoc on them

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 07:36 PM
    It's your money.
    You choose to do what you want. The negativity on YouTube videos about BlackBerry is the norms nowadays. I just read and laugh about it.

You could always ask what they don't like about BlackBerry 10 specifically. If they say it doesn't have apps, it's debatable. If they say it's slow then they've never touched a BlackBerry 10 device. They just hate because they can. It's cool.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    01-01-15 07:38 PM
    It's ok man. I to get a lot of hate.
    But what I always say
    "Technology is only as good as the user"
    Those who have tried BlackBerry10 and disliked it is probably because they didn't know the ins-and-outs of the device to make the whole experience pleasant.... because we all know as BlackBerry users, that BlackBerry10 is very nice to use (hub, gestures, etc)
    So people who troll you are for sure people who are bias or have never used a BlackBerry10 device in their life!

They hate us! Cause they ain't us!

Posted via CB10
    That's a good point actually, my coworker always says to others as a joke "it's not the phone its a defective user "

I always get a kick out of that

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    01-01-15 07:40 PM
    I learned a long time ago that no one ever won an argument on the internet. I find my satisfaction in being the mature individual and walking away...let 'em stew in their own bile.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    01-01-15 08:46 PM
    Get a quick jibe in and never revisit the thread again (helps if you're not auto subscribed to thread - although you can delete the email)...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    01-01-15 08:58 PM
    Here's how it works.

No matter what they say to you, repeat these three steps over and over again.

1. Click/Tap on the writing canvas.
    2. Tap on the letter k on the keyboard.
    3. Hit enter.

Repeat everytime they say something.

Miami Heat and GS Warriors fan.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-02-15 09:32 AM
    OP, you just have to ignore them. One thing I don't understand is people can be anything on the internet but surprisingly most choose to be stupid. You cannot help them.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 12:05 PM
    This.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Dealing with obnoxious/trolls on the net-internet-you-can-choose-anything.jpg  
    kbz1960, bungaboy, ponpiri and 1 others like this.
    01-02-15 12:13 PM
    This.

Yeah I was quoting exactly this. Looks better in the pic representation.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 12:25 PM
    Maybe we can get a group of our infantile posters...you know the ones who post FIRST in every Crackberry article they can...and unleash them on the interweb so they can be too busy to post here.

Posted via CB10 on the FrankUnderwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-02-15 12:26 PM
    Maybe we can get a group of our infantile posters...you know the ones who post FIRST in every Crackberry article they can...and unleash them on the interweb so they can be too busy to post here.

Now see that's something I don't get - both their need to post first, and also the anger it generates. I would wager that most do it just to annoy. I would also wager that if people would just ignore and stop giving them the reaction they look for, they'd probably go find other places to post first.

But then again, it's the Internet.
    shaleem likes this.
    01-02-15 12:31 PM
    Yeah I was quoting exactly this. Looks better in the pic representation.

Posted via CB10
    Lol yeah I meant to quote your post when I posted that.
    01-02-15 12:32 PM
    K

Here's how it works.

No matter what they say to you, repeat these three steps over and over again.

1. Click/Tap on the writing canvas.
    2. Tap on the letter k on the keyboard.
    3. Hit enter.

Repeat everytime they say something.

Miami Heat and GS Warriors fan.
    01-02-15 12:33 PM
    Now see that's something I don't get - both their need to post first, and also the anger it generates. I would wager that most do it just to annoy. I would also wager that if people would just ignore and stop giving them the reaction they look for, they'd probably go find other places to post first.

But then again, it's the Internet.
    It is the Internet. I've seen the CB blogs for sometime and what happens is the first posts start and no one says anything. Then they continue and someone, myself included, says something and inevitably someone tells us to just ignore them and they'll stop. They normally don't which is the problem.

Regardless of your analysis, my post was a bit tongue in cheek.

The first posters on CB don't go somewhere else....they keep posting. Other Mobile Nations sites don't have this problem so maybe one day they'll buy an iPhone and post there. One can only wish.

01-02-15 12:51 PM
    It is the Internet. I've seen the CB blogs for sometime and what happens is the first posts start and no one says anything. Then they continue and someone, myself included, says something and inevitably someone tells us to just ignore them and they'll stop. They normally don't which is the problem.

Regardless of your analysis, my post was a bit tongue in cheek.

The first posters on CB don't go somewhere else....they keep posting. Other Mobile Nations sites don't have this problem so maybe one day they'll buy an iPhone and post there. One can only wish.

I did get the humor.

But I also don't get the anger and hostility. I've just never been able to wrap my mind around why the word "first" causes people so much anxiety and heartburn.

I would imagine that the other MoNa sites don't have the same problem because they simply don't have as much traffic (I'm basing that just on personal observation and interaction at those sites, no hard data or facts - so I could be wrong)

I dunno, maybe I'm just weird in the fact that I've been given the gift of being able to scroll post dumb things without commenting. Maybe it's just a sign of getting older. Who knows.

01-02-15 12:58 PM
    It's not just the first comments. It's those that follow. The "I see what you did there" or the "LOL First" and then the rage that follows.

On my CB app I read the blogs and then see if anyone adds to the conversation with their comments. Problem is some on the Internet like to rush to post first or one word posts without reading them, it just gets annoying.

It just seems so infantile and it's a pain to scroll and scroll so now I just don't bother with the blogs. You would hope that folks see how chidish it is and stop but like you said...it's the Internet.

01-02-15 02:00 PM
    With regards to first comments, I believe a moderate approach would be helpful. Just bashing first posts hoping they go away or disappear will not work.

Some can really be funny, and the guys deserve a thumbs up. Some can be rather annoying or just downright useless. If first-haters simply ignored the phenomenon, this would not even be the same problem anymore. Attacking first post for whatever reason is only contributing to the perceived "problem" (long chain of tit-for-tat before any on-topic posts), it's not really helping ...

I stand by my moderate approach. Hard policing has never really helped to reduce a problem, if, it will most often worsen it. Historical example: alcohol prohibition.

:-)

Maybe first-haters start first... ;-)

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-03-15 08:51 PM
    It's a lot easier to handle. Mods can just delete the stupid posts to keep blog entries on topic.

Kevin made it a priority in his last year's year end post and it was handled quickly. When a blog post went up and folks like stomps, ibummer, and the lot rushed past each other to post first, the mod simply deleted it and voila...the blog post stays on topic.

They don't do that anymore and we have the same issues again. If Mods cleared up the crap, people would get the message.

It's not my site so I just have an opinion. As do all of us. I just don't bother reading the blogs anymore.

01-04-15 08:07 AM
    You ever heard the expression don't feed the troll?
    Now if the troll is an annoying fanboy.
    Then simply blast them with facts a couple usually does it. Use big words but generally limit your usage of ad-hominem and finalize by burying their opinion with. "I usually very respectful of others opinions, but yours sirs is not only ignorant, but blatantly fanatic and stupid." <-- [insert your favorite negative connotations.]

It's usually fun.
    Former soldier in the Pingas$ army of the Republic of Kekistan.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    01-04-15 11:28 AM
    Kevin made it a priority in his last year's year end post and it was handled quickly.

Pun intended: He is half the problem... ;-)

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-04-15 10:41 PM