Just got finished screening Dark Knight and it was simply excellent. Heath Ledgers performance was superb. Its such a shame we lost him. Anyway I highly recommend you go and see it. You won't be disapointed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 04:54 AM
    Can't wait! Plus I'm taking lady friends to see it and they won't be like the guys were thru The Bucket List; talk talk, laugh, throw popcorn
    07-17-08 07:26 AM
    Everything you've heard about Ledger's performance is true and I agree it's Oscar-worthy. I found myself wishing he had even more screen time. Perhaps the best movie villain of all time?

The only downside...the plot becomes convoluted and the film feels long
    (it is...over two hours). The long running time may impact its box office numbers but look for 60-million plus this weekend.
    07-17-08 07:30 AM
    I agree that his performance is Oscar Worthy. I havent enjoyed such a movie in quite and while. Time wise.. I only found myself checking my watch once. I was that into it!

07-17-08 09:25 AM
    i'm def. going to see this over the weekend! can't wait
    07-17-08 09:26 AM
    I agree that his performance is Oscar Worthy. I havent enjoyed such a movie in quite and while. Time wise.. I only found myself checking my watch once. I was that into it!

Absolutely, despite any shortcomings, it's a "must see" film. The audience was really plugged in.
    07-17-08 08:56 PM
    God, I cant wait to see this, im going ASAP!
    07-17-08 11:03 PM
    I screened it yesterday, then I worked the midnight showing tonight, its still playing now. We sold out :-D at 7:00 today. YAY! I had to go infront of the auditorum and help with our "turn off cell phone's, ect..." Speech. I was scared, never been in front of that many people. Its amazing, only 2 ppl came out for refils, so, its keeping ppls attention. But it got off to a bad start, some dummy brought in whisky. But is an AMAZING movie!!

07-18-08 02:25 AM
    I screened it yesterday as well (some friends are film majors)
    It was so good I saw it again tonight.
    Waited in line since I got off work at 6:15 first in line!!!
    Greatest movie of the summer and quite possibly of all time
    Most definitely my favorite movie ever (could you tell Batman was my favorite when I was a kid?)
    I am planning on seeing the movie again tomorrow.

That good of a movie, no joke

If Heath does not win an Oscar for his performance in this, there is no god.
    07-18-08 07:06 AM
    See it in IMAX if you have the chance. The couple scenes they shot in that format are unreal. If Ledger doesn't win the Oscar it will be a sham.
    07-18-08 08:06 AM
    Everything you've heard about Ledger's performance is true and I agree it's Oscar-worthy. I found myself wishing he had even more screen time. Perhaps the best movie villain of all time?

The only downside...the plot becomes convoluted and the film feels long
    (it is...over two hours). The long running time may impact its box office numbers but look for 60-million plus this weekend.
    I think you are Way off on Box office numbers...
    Consider it is playing in ove 4300 theaters and some 9600 screens plus if you remember Pirates of the Carribean at worlds end was 2hrs and 30+ minutes it went on to make over $100 mil

Jmoney prediction is........$115 million for Fri thru sunday and if you count the 8pm Thursday i will say $121 mil....for the whole opening frame

Who else wants to put down a estimate?
    07-18-08 10:21 AM
    100.00 bucks max!

I too saw Dark Knight again with my wife and friends. We all payed to see it, as normally since I manage a theater I get to see the movies for free. It was nuts and super busy. We had 2 midnight showings and a 3 AM as well that just about sold out. We ALMoST did a 6 AM.

Groundhog-

I remember my first time getting in front of a packed theater. Pretty intimidating but one gets use to it. Worst thing I heard for our 12 AM showing was a dude who brought in a six pack of PBR (yuck). And another with a laser pointer who was promptly booted (one manager doesnt tolerate those things).

All in all a great movie and I believe I will see it a 3rd time.

07-18-08 10:56 AM
    seeing that fantastic movie with one of the greatest performances ever (you know who im talking about) was totally worth the wait and the 3 hours of sleep and still going to work. truly great movie cannot wait for the dvd
    07-18-08 10:57 AM
    this was the best movie of the year, easily, hands down. i don't think anyone will ever play the Joker like he did. it's gonna be so tough to follow him up with someone else if they decide to. he was so versatile, his acting had to change many times thru the movie. i didnt check my watch once, it had me held to the very end.

harvey dent was played wonderfully by aaron eckhart. his character surprised me but i don't wanna get into it for fear of spoiling it..

but holy **** it rocked. gonna go see it tonight again and monday lol

and they made my bf take his joker make up off cuz of mall policy! i was pissed. and i couldn't wear my batman mask.
    07-18-08 12:12 PM
    I'm on the road for business starting Sunday for a week so I guess I'll be the loner and go see it by myself this time around. Kind of looking forward to it, won't have the fiance hitting me all the time saying "that was awesome!"....LOL
    07-18-08 12:38 PM
    Excellent movie, but be warned at almost 3 hours in the theater, go to the bathroom first
    If Heath Ledger doesn't get an Oscar, there is no justice.
    I was really surprised at how deep some of the story was, usually for a movie like this, they sacrifice the acting for alot of special effects...
    07-18-08 06:06 PM
    it seems soo good! i cannot wait.. im goin to the midnight showing on sunday
    07-18-08 06:50 PM
    One word describes this movie: AMAZING

Trust me people, I have superb taste when it comes to separating a quality flick from subpar ones. Heck...you don't even have to know the difference between a crappy movie or not to KNOW this is a work of art. This movie is a masterpiece...its not just hype. The acting is pristine from top to bottom...with a flawless storyline.

Heath Ledger's acting is so good that you forget the joker's just a fictional character...one of the most believable (no not UNbelievable)...but believable performances I've ever seen. Its as if he knew this would be his last time on the screen...so he breathed the role of the joker and put his all into it.

Great plot, exquisite directing, flawless acting and every bit of the definition of action...all can be words used to described THE DARK KNIGHT!

Even though they say the same thing about this movie; forget the 'professional' critics...trust this critic (ME); YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE IT.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 07-19-08 at 02:15 AM.
    07-19-08 02:11 AM
    Definitely a great movie, Heath Ledger did an amazing job. It was a bit long. I thoroughly enoyed it though.

07-19-08 02:21 AM
    This movie was amazing. Heath ledgers acting is incredibly good, too good in fact. You never realize its him, from the get-go its all Joker. I would be appalled if he doesn't get an Oscar. The plot of the movie is superb as well.
    I will not lie, I am going to see this movie two more times this weekend, too good to only see it once.
    If you enjoy movies, this is the one you gotta watch.
    07-19-08 02:28 AM
    I'm watching the Original Batman right now and you can see glimers of Ledger's Joker in Jack's version. Ledger took the Joker to where it was always meant to be. I'm going to hunt down a Cinema near the hotel I'm staying at when I get there tomorrow and go see it again....lol. This will be my 3rd and final time seeing it I think, 2 times with the fiance, 1 by myself.
    07-19-08 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD