08-05-08 12:47 PM
48 12
tools
    Anyone wanna guess what the Box Office for The Dark Knight will be...here is the Jmoney Prediction...Long movies are risky for Bigger number BUT and its a a Big But, Consider it is playing in ove 4300 theaters and some 9600 screens plus if you remember Pirates of the Carribean at worlds end was 2hrs and 30+ minutes it went on to make over $100 mil

Jmoney prediction is........$115 million for Fri thru sunday and if you count the 8pm Thursday i will say $121 mil....for the whole opening frame

Who else wants to put down a estimate?
    07-18-08 10:36 AM
    I think this movie is gonna awesome!!! I say somewhere in the 118 mil range...
    07-18-08 10:49 AM
    Yea I agree it is goona rock..Dont think it will beat Spiderman 3 $150 mil but we will see.
    07-18-08 11:56 AM
    200 million first weekend worldwide
    07-18-08 12:45 PM
    I bet it'll be top seller for awhile. Its what, the most anticipated movie of the summer?

$200 Million

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 01:01 PM
    Anyone wanna guess what the Box Office for The Dark Knight will be...here is the Jmoney Prediction...Long movies are risky for Bigger number BUT and its a a Big But, Consider it is playing in ove 4300 theaters and some 9600 screens plus if you remember Pirates of the Carribean at worlds end was 2hrs and 30+ minutes it went on to make over $100 mil

Jmoney prediction is........$115 million for Fri thru sunday and if you count the 8pm Thursday i will say $121 mil....for the whole opening frame

Who else wants to put down a estimate?

You may well be correct Jmoney. I think the $$$ clock must begin at 12:01a
    Friday though.

The movie is on an awful lot of screens and many theaters are running TDK around the clock. On the other hand, there is that long running time plus the fact this is not an extended weekend.

We'll find out early Sunday evening!
    07-18-08 01:43 PM
    I'm sure it will do very well no matter what. I'm taking my son to see it on Imax tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 01:46 PM
    You may well be correct Jmoney. I think the $$$ clock must begin at 12:01a
    Friday though.

The movie is on an awful lot of screens and many theaters are running TDK around the clock. On the other hand, there is that long running time plus the fact this is not an extended weekend.

We'll find out early Sunday evening!
    True......I dont think Movie legnth is gonna be the big problem thanks to the Screen Counts....I thought this was a 8 pm showings ..Guess i was wrong. We will see.. Sunday at about 3 pm also check out Saturday for dridays numbers...I will post them when they become official. I am such a DORK!
    07-18-08 02:00 PM
    It's definitely got a great start.

Media by Numbers says the new Batman movie brought in 18 and a half million dollars from its midnight screening. Holy box office record, Batman!
    07-18-08 03:14 PM
    really omg i got to check that out....
    07-18-08 04:24 PM
    Holy box office $ batman...That number of 18.5 million was the midnight screening only not even the 3 and 6 am screenings...Spiderman may wanna look over its shoulder. That is crazy!
    07-18-08 04:29 PM
    TDK tickets are so hot, some people are actually scalping them!

Dark Knight Midnight Run Shatters Box Office Records | The Underwire from Wired.com
    07-19-08 07:27 AM
    I went and saw it last night and it was very very worth it best movie i've seen in a long time and heath ledger was brilliant
    07-19-08 07:57 AM
    I am going to totally readjust my numbers after the Midnight screening estimates...I have decided to BUMP up to $140Mil for 3 days.... Amazing and with no new competition for the rest of the summer i cant see why this movie doesnt move into the top 3 alltime box office. There sometimes is a benefit for not opening so early in the summer.
    07-19-08 08:38 AM
    HOLY COW>>>>>>>$66.4 mil first day total....Breaks spidermans record/....This is gonna be huge...... $170mil is possible..
    07-19-08 11:40 AM
    Looks like $156 Mil in the books for the weekend and Spiderman 3 goes Down!
    07-20-08 12:06 PM
    " "The Dark Knight" took in a record $155.34 million in its first weekend, topping the previous best of $151.1 million for "Spider-Man 3" in May 2007 and pacing Hollywood to its biggest weekend ever, according to studio estimates Sunday."

Batman is top superhero at box office - CNN.com

Some of it is the hype but it's also a testimate to Ledger's performance. I saw it for the 3rd time today and will probably see it one more time before it leaves the big screen.
    07-20-08 04:51 PM
    Looks like $156 Mil in the books for the weekend and Spiderman 3 goes Down!
    Your revised estimate was still in the ballpark, my friend. Now, how will the second weekend numbers hold up? My guess is there will be plenty of repeat business for this one.
    07-20-08 06:07 PM
    i saw it today and it was excellent. I've never seen the theater so crowded since "Bad boys 2" I'll be watching it again in IMAX next week.
    07-20-08 09:12 PM
    " "The Dark Knight" took in a record $155.34 million in its first weekend, topping the previous best of $151.1 million for "Spider-Man 3" in May 2007 and pacing Hollywood to its biggest weekend ever, according to studio estimates Sunday."

Batman is top superhero at box office - CNN.com

Some of it is the hype but it's also a testimate to Ledger's performance. I saw it for the 3rd time today and will probably see it one more time before it leaves the big screen.
    You already saw it 3 times? any big difference between IMAX and regular?
    07-20-08 09:13 PM
    Yahoo! Movies: Movie News -

I predict... 155 mill.
    07-20-08 09:31 PM
    i knew it would be better than spiderman 3. no one wanted to see that crappy movie twice.

i'm going to see the Dark Knight tonight for the 3rd time, and plan on seeing it a couple more times with different people. easily the best movie i've seen in a long time.
    07-21-08 09:12 AM
    Your revised estimate was still in the ballpark, my friend. Now, how will the second weekend numbers hold up? My guess is there will be plenty of repeat business for this one.
    I am guessing a 40% dip which is good for front loaded movies like this so i would not be suprised if it does another $93mil next weekend.

I am in a dorky way wondering how it will hold up over the week. With many colleges and schools out i think we can see good weekday numbers to.. Maybe 6- 9 million per day.

This one will be playing in plenty of theaters for awhile. The only real competition will be Mummy 3 which is a few weeks away. I think that one will take number 1 Spot when it get released.....

I still have not seen the movie yet so me talking about it all the time in this thread is killing me......UGH! lol...

I am a DORK
    07-21-08 10:20 AM
    This one will be playing in plenty of theaters for awhile. The only real competition will be Mummy 3 which is a few weeks away. I think that one will take number 1 Spot when it get released.....
    i don't think mummy 3 will do well at all. the first one was great. the 2nd..not so much, the third just looks plain stupid to me. i know i won't see it and every time i see a preview for it it just convinces me even more not to see it.

i think the Dark Knight can hold it's own for a while. besides the sadness in it being Heath Ledger's final role, the movie itself is so deep and dark. everyone seemed very caught up in their roles. it don't see its sales dwindling much.

i know i'm gonna be a repeat customer, seen it twice, plan on seeing it about 3 more times.
    07-21-08 10:31 AM
    i don't think mummy 3 will do well at all. the first one was great. the 2nd..not so much, the third just looks plain stupid to me. i know i won't see it and every time i see a preview for it it just convinces me even more not to see it.

i think the Dark Knight can hold it's own for a while. besides the sadness in it being Heath Ledger's final role, the movie itself is so deep and dark. everyone seemed very caught up in their roles. it don't see its sales dwindling much.

i know i'm gonna be a repeat customer, seen it twice, plan on seeing it about 3 more times.
    I agree that the mummy wont do much or even close to bark knight...I know Universal is going ot Push this one big time it need a good close to summer and will advertise the heck out of it...I bet a 35-45 mil opener and by this time the Dark knight will be sitting around $20- 25 going into its 3rd week....
    07-21-08 11:19 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD