Yup, it has happened again!!

I am sure all of you other 360 owners out there know what I am talking about!! Hardware failure...

This will be the second time in 3 years that I am sending in my XBox 360 for repair / replacement! Thank God I extended my warranty before it expired!! phew, the 60 bucks I spent to extend it 2 years just paid off (in full)

Any other 360 users out there have poor experiences as well??

The first time I had a bad DVD drive... it just died

This time, I got one Red Light (not the Red Ring of Death) and E74 on the screen
    07-20-08 08:52 PM
    my ex had an xbox 360 replaced more than once too.

Too bad i purchased it, and didnt buy the extended, the first time he got the ring of death, and the 2nd time it was the drive and it wasnt covered and they wanted a lot of money to fix it.

I just went out and bought him that black elite one or whatever. He was happy.
    07-20-08 09:00 PM
    I hear ya - i had my xbox for only 2 weeks (new model w/HDMI) and it redringed "E79" Needless to say i was pissed. Anyways, glad to hear you picked up the warranty. Its hard living without it.
    07-20-08 09:01 PM
    red ring of death?

I had my xbox 360 fixed under warranty as well
    07-20-08 10:10 PM
    I feel your pain! I bought mine a year ago last month and 2 months ago I got the rings of death. It was free to send it back and everything was all good. Well they sent me an "new" one and 2 weeks ago it stopped reading all my disks and they informed me this was not covered under the warranty like the rings on death and it was going to cost me $100! Needless to say I was pissed that a unit they just sent me dies after 2 months doesn't have atleast a short lemon warranty! But it should be back at the house tom to get hooked up to me new Samsung 42" plasma I bought yesterday!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 06:31 AM
    I too suffered from the RROD at one point. Right in the middle of an intense game of Dead Rising too...
    07-21-08 07:06 AM
    yeah exactly a week after i got my first 360 those horrid red lights flashed on. took it back, got a new one, 2 weeks later bought the replacement thing from best buy
    07-21-08 09:59 AM
    Any other 360 users out there have poor experiences as well??
    PS3 kid, PS3...

I'm a loyal Sony fan boy.
    07-21-08 10:14 AM
    Never had to have mine replaced at all. Two years and running

07-21-08 10:50 AM
    PS3 kid, PS3...

I'm a loyal Sony fan boy.

The PS3 is a great blu-ray player but it sucks as a gaming platform in comparison to the 360. The controller and online is what really makes the difference to me. I own all three of the next gen consoles and I prefer the 360 by a long shot. The wii gets the least attention but it is a fun familiy game.
    07-21-08 11:15 AM
    The PS3 is a great blu-ray player but it sucks as a gaming platform in comparison to the 360. The controller and online is what really makes the difference to me. I own all three of the next gen consoles and I prefer the 360 by a long shot. The wii gets the least attention but it is a fun familiy game.
    At the moment 360 is "ahead" due to some games, but the PS3 definitely doesn't "suck" okay? Don't forget, Sony always comes on top. Just wait and see. And the PS3 controller is BETTER in my opinion. As you can see, it's all about personal taste.

You, however, are still entitled to your (incorrect) opinion.
    07-21-08 11:31 AM
    Please lets not turn this into another "my system is better than yours thread
    07-21-08 11:32 AM
    At the moment 360 is "ahead" due to some games, but the PS3 definitely doesn't "suck" okay? Don't forget, Sony always comes on top. Just wait and see. And the PS3 controller is BETTER in my opinion. As you can see, it's all about personal taste.

a little sony biased?

at the moment and since it came out xbox 360 has been ahead because of the amount of games it has and the online stuff it has too. I don't have a PS3 but I was gonna get it because of blu-ray and the games I would get are the same as I have for 360 so there was no point

But I have had to replace mine twice and it was free they always sent me a brand new one and the first time they sent me a hard drive with it too so now I have 2
    07-21-08 01:00 PM

What sucks about PS3 is everytime I take it some where, I have to reconfig the wireless router when I get home. You think they would have thought about this.
    07-21-08 01:05 PM

"Sony always comes on top"

You have to be kiddin'. It is know way that Sony will ketch the Wii even in the next. The Wii is on pace to be the best selling console of all time. It is almost two years later and you still can't find one on the shelves and still no price drop. The wii sucks to me but Sony will not be on top this time around. It is very possible for Sony to pass the 360 in total sales worldwide but I don't think it will be anytime soon for the U.S.

By the way, don't take this personal. It is only my opinion in a forum. It is not that serious.
    07-21-08 01:12 PM
    I have had my 360 since the launch date. Only had to send it in once and that was only due to a lighting strike at my house about a month ago. It fried the network adapter. Had to pay the $100 bucks to get it fixed.

I will say one thing. My experience with Xbox support was horrible!!! It took me at least 3 days and 3 different phone calls before they would start the process of sending it in. The 3rd call i made i asked for the manager and actually had to start yelling a little.
    07-21-08 01:13 PM
    Ha I think ill stick with my old reliable ps2 for a few more years know about all the problem both systems are having

07-21-08 05:26 PM
    Its a garbage system, the PS3 never has that problem :-)
    07-21-08 05:50 PM
    Dang... i read all the post and I know my friend has a regular 360 and he has had to send it back 5 times now... I have the Black 360 elite and I have never had a problem out of it! I also have a PS3 and have never had any issues out of that...
    07-21-08 05:58 PM
    shortstop even though you are sportin the iphone you would still be the the best ex when you go out and buy the elite xbox
    07-21-08 06:15 PM
    I have heard of ps3 having problems i don't remeber what they are though.

07-21-08 07:31 PM
    The only thing with the PS3 was the update that crashed several of them, but that has been fixed now luckly I was not one of them...
    07-22-08 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD