02-13-09 11:52 PM
    I'm sure that's possible.. but if that story is real... I will Invite Bat Boy over for lunch.

Oh well... I guess it's a real story, though they haven't tested the boy for paternity...

British boy becomes dad at 13 - Europe- msnbc.com
    Last edited by jdoc77; 02-14-09 at 12:30 AM.
    02-13-09 11:57 PM
    She looks older than 15 and he looks 10

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 12:36 AM
    It's all over the papers here! But he looks way younger than 13 I think.

02-14-09 04:12 AM
    It's funny, hardly anyone bats an eye when it's a young mother, unless the father was an adult. Along comes a boy, under 16, and it's worldwide news.

Things my parents taught me before I was 10 years old.
    Active puberty hormones make working eggs and sperm. Unprotected sex makes babies.
    Having babies is a 24/7 job, that is hard as an adult, and nearly impossible if you are a child.
    Having babies before you are ready, won't be a fun job.

And if you get a girl pregnant, I will put my boot up your (fill in the blank) so far that the kid will be 30, before the doctors can figure a way to pull the boot out of it. (my Dad on dating, parties, and prom)
    02-14-09 10:55 AM
    omg where were thier parents ??
    02-14-09 03:44 PM
    omg where were thier parents ??
    Working or doing whatever they were doing other than knowing where their kids were or what they were up to. I remember that no matter how busy my parents were, one of them pretty much always knew where we were, either by phone call (long before cell phones), or hoping in the car to come look for us (that didn't happen often, because we knew what it meant).

I also remember we didn't really think if not being where we said we were going, or not calling to say we were going someplace else or coming home later then expected.
    02-14-09 04:29 PM
    Disturbing and utterly ridiculous. The child ( I really cannot call him a parent!) didn't even know what the word financially meant! They will be OK though cause his Dad gives him a whole ten pounds pocket money a week sometimes!

I have always been a firm believer that just like you have to take a test to prove competency before you drive a car that there should be a test of some kind before you are allowed to have sex!

Still trying to work out why there are no rape charges being levelled against these children but then again they are BOTH underage so it's kinda difficult to work out which one (both?) should be charged!

The dad of the boy mentioned on the news that he is "going to have to have that birds and the bees talk with his son", is this not a bit like bolting the stable door after the horse has LONG gone?!
    02-14-09 05:34 PM
    Technically should be both, as they're both over 10 but I doubt either will be, the CPS won't be able to decide which to charge. I'd be very surprised if either was charged, but just as surprised if Social Sevices didn't get involved.

02-14-09 05:52 PM
    I am doubting there will be any charges as well but yep Social Services are gonna be ALL over this for sure!

Whats the weather like in Notts this evening then? Chilly here (as always LOL!)
    02-14-09 05:54 PM
    They will be indeed. I'm a family lawyer, have seen them get involved over a lot less!

I'm actually in London for the weekend, but it's bloody cold! I doubt it's any different at home!

02-14-09 05:58 PM
    Yeah I can understand they will be sharpish!

Was not a bad day here but is chilly this evening, regardless of how cold though I MUST have my bedroom window open at night otherwise I get totally congested and cannot breath :-( Just glad all the snow has gone finally yiippeeee!!!
    02-14-09 06:00 PM
    he's F**K'D for life! (feel sorry for the baby to have to have parents like that)
    02-14-09 06:11 PM
    he's F**K'D for life! (feel sorry for the baby to have to have parents like that)
    Sadly true unless something sensible ius done now while he is still an infant..
    02-14-09 06:14 PM
    It's funny, hardly anyone bats an eye when it's a young mother, unless the father was an adult. Along comes a boy, under 16, and it's worldwide news.
    that's very true. I think the reason this story got so much press is because it wasn't an older guy that normally gets younger girls pregnant, but a kid that looks about 8 years old... just something strange about that lol.

I thought it was especially unfortunate how the kid asked what "financially" meant... wow he's gonna have such a tough 18 years ahead of him.
    02-14-09 09:11 PM
    It stupid and it was a fix!!!
    he was 12 when the baby was conviced plus her mum let the boy stay in her bed and he stays at theirs all the time!!!
    plus another paper said that the baby could well not be his!!! there is going to be a DNA test done because another boy said it is his!!
    02-15-09 10:53 AM
    IF every component of this story is in fact true...it raises some interesting discussion points (even if they are moot).

I found it funny that the father said he will have the birds and bees discussion with Alfie...seems like Alfie already beat his dad to the punch on that lesson of the day.

To the father's defense; I highly doubt that it even crossed his mind to have a discussion of such magnitude with his son before all of this. Also; observers are quick to ask things along the lines of: "where were the parents?"...well the reality of life is that parents CAN'T be blamed for a lot of the actions of their children. Being tethered to one's child 24/7 can't be done.

Innocence lost at such a young age; and reality introducing itself to people at such a tender age...is unfortunate.
    02-15-09 03:50 PM
    He really doesn't look 13.
    02-15-09 04:13 PM
    as early as kids are having sex these days, I think parents should educate their kids on it at a much earlier age than we were ever informed... I know when I was 12/13 I wasn't very interested in girls, I still thought they all had cooties... but now girls at 7 and 8 are getting their periods and at 10, 11, 12 are getting pregnant, and younger boys are having sex at alarmingly young ages... I bet those growth hormones they put in the chicken did it
    02-15-09 04:19 PM
    as early as kids are having sex these days, I think parents should educate their kids on it at a much earlier age than we were ever informed... I know when I was 12/13 I wasn't very interested in girls, I still thought they all had cooties... but now girls at 7 and 8 are getting their periods and at 10, 11, 12 are getting pregnant, and younger boys are having sex at alarmingly young ages... I bet those growth hormones they put in the chicken did it
    ninja; you strengthen my point. My point is that a lot of parents (such as Alfie's father)...approach sex education with the mindset of putting themselves at the age of Alfie.

Just as how you said that at the age of 13 you didn't view girls the same way Alfie obviously did...Alfie's father probably felt the same way at that age; thus it never even crossed his mind to educate horny, little Alfie that one's brain resides in-between the ears...not the legs.

I don't know of the existence of any solid empirical evidence that correlates girls experiencing their period earlier/boys fathering children earlier...to that of the increased use of hormones in dairy/meat products for example. I wouldn't doubt it IF (yes; IF) there was a positive link...however I haven't seen any conclusive evidence.

Perhaps it also could be that the mean, medium and mode-set has always been the same with statistics such as this...however the difference NOW is that advancements in the types/frequency of communication have made us more aware of these types of stories that have always existed in a population sub-set.
    02-15-09 05:06 PM
    Also; observers are quick to ask things along the lines of: "where were the parents?"...well the reality of life is that parents CAN'T be blamed for a lot of the actions of their children. Being tethered to one's child 24/7 can't be done.
    I do blame the parents. Do you think the children (that is what they are) had a stroke of bad luck on the first encounter? Probably not. I remember being 13 years old asking to go to a friends house and being asked if the parents were going to be there. I wasn't allowed to be in a bedroom with a boy, etc. Parents are responsible. Yes things are happening at younger ages these days but it is our responsibility as parents to educate our children. The real question is what age is it appropriate to start the birds and the bees conversation?
    02-15-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD