I know i've been quite these past few weeks.... well there is a reason for that... my mother in law has had back pains for quite some time now. I've know my wife for 10 years and her mom has had these pains since I've know her. "They" claim they were caused by a bone spur coming off of one of her vertebrae. Well approximately 7-8 weeks ago she started getting extremely sick, really fast. So they took her to the doctor and come to find out she had to tumors that were growing off of her lower intestine. So... the doctors did what they do best and played "doctor" and removed it.... one tumor was the size of a cantaloupe and the other was the size of a softball..... they were cancerous, but everything cancerous has been removed by the doctors, so that is a good deal.

You ask " what does that have to do with you not posting, esp. when m.crackberry.com is a pocket away.... well simple... my mind hasn't been here really. it's been with my family.... i promise you nothing here has offended me..if fact i talk to Ken and Ed from time to time ( hi guys ) .......

so yes i am good, and no i am not gone for good...i'll just be slow posting.....
    Last edited by mjneid; 05-15-10 at 08:44 AM.
    05-15-10 08:29 AM
    Damn Mike! We've done nothing but BS, but it probably helped. At least I hope it did. My prayers will be with her bud. Hope to God she pulls through with flying colors. Mrs. N must be a wreck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 08:36 AM
    Whoa, Mike, that's some rough stuff there. Sometimes life gets in the way of play, but that's pretty intense. Been there myself, with the cancer, so that is a biggie. More prayers coming your way.

05-15-10 08:39 AM
    Keep doing what you're doing Mike. I hope to see you back with good news.
    05-15-10 01:05 PM
    Cancer's awfull...my wife's grandfather is in his last stages. Similar situation, where they saw a spot on his lung and told him it was nothing to worry about. Few months later, he's in stage 4 and hospice has been called in...won't be too much longer.

Somewhat offtopic, but my 7-year old wants desperately to become a scientist...I hope he discovers a cure or prevention for cancer (or even someone else sooner)
    05-15-10 10:01 PM
    Sorry to hear that Mike. You guys are in my prayers.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-15-10 10:10 PM
    And here we all made up stories of why ypu gave up as our Survivor host. Now I feel bad. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. That's rough to go through.
    05-16-10 07:08 AM
    Mike with all of that I say you got your priorities straight. My prayers are with you
    and your family. If you ever need to talk or just need a diversion you know where to
    find me. God Bless.
    05-16-10 07:00 PM
    Thanks guys. Today was good. My wife and I, along with my mother in law, and father in law. And my two nephews (one if 5 and the other 4) went to a see a RC Fun Fly. basically a bunch of people got together and flew their RC planes and Helicopters. But i did get to spend some time with my mother in law. She seems to be in good spirits, and seem sto being alot better since the surgery.

Prayers really do work when people pray for a common good......

i'll be in touch, im sure..... things are slowing rolling back to normal....

05-16-10 07:19 PM
    Mike,

It's easy to see why you have not been around, and that's pretty normal for people when life gets in the way. So you take care of the things you need to take care of and, and CB will be here when you have the time.
    05-16-10 07:21 PM
    Mike,

Love & respect brother! Hang in there. Much more important for you to be with your family at this time, CB ain't going anywhere. Keep us updated. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers (if you roll that way).
    05-16-10 08:47 PM
    <snip>
    So they took her to the doctor and come to find out she had to tumors that were growing off of her lower intestine. So... the doctors did what they do best and played "doctor" and removed it.... one tumor was the size of a cantaloupe and the other was the size of a softball..... they were cancerous, but everything cancerous has been removed by the doctors, so that is a good deal.
    <snip>
    Mike,
    I know that I don't know you, but did want to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I know what it is like to be in a situation where a family member is facing serious medical problems, and having to go through surgery to try to correct them. I really hope that things go well for your mother in law, and that nothing unexpected comes up.
    05-18-10 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD