I put my PIN out there for people to add if they wanted on BBM. I got some pings. All of them ended up asking for my photo, which I do not publish online for privacy reasons. They all stopped talking.

Is it considered rude in BBM Land to not share your photo, or was I just being hit on?
    I'm a BBM junky, my pic is in my profile, but I never ask for someone else to post a pic before I'll talk to them, some people on my BBM could live down the street I'd never know having no idea what they look like.

BUT that being said, I've had some people ask ASL, and ask for ANOTHER Pic with in the first 5 minutes of adding, if that is what they are after, I cut my losses most of the time and delete, the conversations will never be very fulfilling,

as for topics always going to sex, you know I have to agree to a point often sexual innuendo's get put into conversations, people are more care free in BBM than they can be in their personal lives, I have met a few people from BBM who talk much more openly about everything, on BBM then in person, and as forums are shining examples of, anonymity brings out the worst in many people
    03-22-10 07:18 PM
    I'm a BBM junky, my pic is in my profile, but I never ask for someone else to post a pic before I'll talk to them, some people on my BBM could live down the street I'd never know having no idea what they look like.

BUT that being said, I've had some people ask ASL, and ask for ANOTHER Pic with in the first 5 minutes of adding, if that is what they are after, I cut my losses most of the time and delete, the conversations will never be very fulfilling,

as for topics always going to sex, you know I have to agree to a point often sexual innuendo's get put into conversations, people are more care free in BBM than they can be in their personal lives, I have met a few people from BBM who talk much more openly about everything, on BBM then in person, and as forums are shining examples of, anonymity brings out the worst in many people
    +4 couldn't agree more with the points made in this post.
    03-22-10 07:25 PM
    I met most of the folks on my bbm on different threads here in CB land. I can't say I have not had unfavorable experiences in the past, but thank God for the delete button.

But keep an open mind. I have met so many cool people and many I call dear friends. Definetly take your pin off profile and hop into some of the threads in OT (TBL for example), and before long you will realize they we might be straight jacket crazy, but good peeps.
    03-22-10 07:54 PM
    Luckily I go through PINs faster than Kirstie Alley goes through Buffet carts.

But at the same time, I miss some of my BBM buddies...

It's a double edge sword I tell ya!
    03-22-10 08:04 PM

I can relate. It is amazing how you can get attached to a virtual friend.
    Last edited by paddygirl16; 03-22-10 at 08:09 PM.
    03-22-10 08:07 PM

Echem!!!

Wonderful, I resemble that remark.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 08:08 PM
    Wulfy you are more than virtual to me.
    03-22-10 08:09 PM
    I met most of the folks on my bbm on different threads here in CB land. I can't say I have not had unfavorable experiences in the past, but thank God for the delete button.

But keep an open mind. I have met so many cool people and many I call dear friends. Definetly take your pin off profile and hop into some of the threads in OT (TBL for example), and before long you will realize they we might be straight jacket crazy , but good peeps.
    That remark darlin'.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-22-10 08:11 PM
    Yea, you're Furry!
    03-22-10 08:11 PM
    I can relate. It is amazing how you can get attached to a virtual friend.
    It is crazy

I have a few BBM friends who I care as much about as I do my close friends since childhood, and family.
    It is so easy to let your guard down and get close to someone with the veil of the BBM between you, next thing you know you are attached.
    03-22-10 08:36 PM
    :::: lifts deRusett's veil, but doesn't kiss ::::

03-22-10 09:07 PM
    :::: lifts deRusett's veil, but doesn't kiss ::::

**playing in the background** "I always have to steal my kisses from you
    Always have to steal my kisses from you "

MUAH!!
    03-22-10 09:44 PM
    I agree with some that I have become close to some friends on BBM. I don't think of them as virtual friends, but as real friends. I know that if/when we see each other in person it will be as comfortable as seeing any other friend. Here's to BBM. I'm so glad for my BlackBerry and the friends I've made, and I look forward to "seeing" them each day.

03-23-10 12:53 AM
    I've met some cool people on BBM. Some from off-topic, some from the pin sharing threads/groups.

I've had a person or two ask for a pic and then delete. I don't understand that since it's not like I'd ever be meeting them in the first place anyway. LoL. Their loss I guess.

I don't badger people for pictures, but if they're going to ask me for one, I expect one in return. I also don't ask for a pic right off the bat, on the rare occasions I do ask. I figure no harm in getting to know people without seeing them, since odds are I'll not see most of them in person anyway...

03-23-10 01:39 AM
    I is real! At least in my mind.

Seriously, I have some of the best friendships in life on BBM. It's burnt me a couple times, but that's ok. The same happens outside BBM, and the true depth of a person eventually is revealed in both arenas, given enough time. Were it not for the "fake" world of CrackBerry and BBM, I'd still be looking for the woman of my dreams.

03-23-10 04:41 AM
    I is real! At least in my mind.

Seriously, I have some of the best friendships in life on BBM. It's burnt me a couple times, but that's ok. The same happens outside BBM, and the true depth of a person eventually is revealed in both arenas, given enough time. Were it not for the "fake" world of CrackBerry and BBM, I'd still be looking for the woman of my dreams.

*** Steels a Kiss***
    Runs away..
    03-23-10 07:01 AM
    Pin always reminds of some 1950's college movie where frat boy hunk pins his sorority dream girl.
    03-23-10 07:04 AM
    *** Steels a Kiss***
    Runs away..
    :::: bits leg ::::

03-23-10 02:08 PM
    I like BBM because you don't have to put pants on to talk to a stranger and (bonus) you can easily take naked pictures of yourself to send to said stranger.

Who wants to share?
    03-23-10 02:26 PM
    I like BBM because you don't have to put pants on to talk to a stranger and (bonus) you can easily take naked pictures of yourself to send to said stranger.

Who wants to share?
    WOW

10 char
    03-23-10 02:28 PM
    :::: bits leg ::::

Bits leg?? I'm confused! *kisses*

Who wants to share?

I'm in I814U2CK
    03-23-10 03:51 PM

Who wants to share?
    I talk to strangers all the time with no pants on...and not on BBM.
    03-23-10 03:52 PM
    I talk to strangers all the time with no pants on...and not on BBM.

LOL me too, but my legs don't look as good in a skirt I'm sure
    03-23-10 03:53 PM

03-23-10 04:14 PM
    LOL me too, but my legs don't look as good in a skirt I'm sure
    I don't own a skirt...or shorts.
    03-23-10 04:16 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD