You and your posting links! LOL
    04-16-09 06:15 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...ckberry-96637/

i love the search! Ha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 06:16 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/rant...udeness-79619/

I was waiting for chrisy to show up to tell us where these posts should be logged... Thanks. Haha!
    04-16-09 06:16 PM
    CB is a pretty friendly place, with only minor scuffles breaking out here and there. I am surprised when people are so easily offended by a sharp tone or when they don't just ignore posts they don't like. And I find this thread a bit of an over-reaction to a fairly mild series of skirmishes. I don't mind that it's here - just surprises me a bit.

Are people mean sometimes? I suppose. Can't say I really care. And most of the curmudgeonly types have some mad good information to share.
    I certainly wish more people were like you on here KB.
    04-16-09 06:17 PM
    LOL. i post links to be helpful and not mean, for the record! Less clutter makes for more relaxing forum!

04-16-09 06:19 PM
    How about not complaining how people treat you on the internet, if you don't like it there is a back button on your browser.

04-16-09 06:22 PM
    I certainly wish more people were like you on here KB.
    I just watch you to see how to conduct myself, POE. You are the model of the friendly + helpful type. I am not so helpful, as I don't know all that much about this device. Except how to love it.
    04-16-09 06:26 PM
    POE is dreamy as well! someone to look up to for sure!

04-16-09 06:30 PM
    I just watch you to see how to conduct myself, POE. You are the model of the friendly + helpful type. I am not so helpful, as I don't know all that much about this device. Except how to love it.
    I appreciate the kind words KB. Don't sell yourself short though. There have been many threads where you do your best to help someone eventhough the subject is of no benefit to what you do with your phone. I think that speaks volumes.

POE is dreamy as well! someone to look up to for sure!

Why thank you for that hotcakes
    04-16-09 06:34 PM
    Ha! Um, wait...are we in the forums right not and NOT BBM?!

Oh no....

Thread officially hijacked. Please close.

04-16-09 06:37 PM
    Actually, I'm trying to find out what is "mean" about saying, "Use the search feature, before you post". Should folks add smileys, or say, 'Sugah, please use the search function, before you start a topic that's been started 500 times and can be easily found if you bother to look"?

How do you interpret "mean" as opposed to "direct"? If there's no "Moron," right at the beginning of the sentence, or nothing else that's actually "rude", where's the conclusion coming from? It means that you're interpreting tone, and that's a no-no, cuz you don't know.

If you're new, and don't know what you're doing, that's okay...and nobody has the right to humiliate anyone. However, some of us have major chips on our shoulders, and we need to calm down and take the energy spent lamenting about things that will not change, and use it to learn how to get around the forum, how to post topics so they can be found and read by others who need help, etc....things that will better the forum experience for everyone, not just those who don't want to be told to search.

There are all kinds of personalities here, and it takes all kinds to make the world spin. Some folks are wonderful, some not so wonderful. But you can bet that everybody is not going to behave the way you or I want them to, all the time or any of the time.

That's my critique.
    04-16-09 06:38 PM
    Ha! Um, wait...are we in the forums right not and NOT BBM?!

Oh no....

Thread officially hijacked. Please close.

It got moved to the OT area anyway so hijack all you want.
    04-16-09 06:40 PM
    Actually, I'm trying to find out what is "mean" about saying, "Use the search feature, before you post". Should folks add smileys, or say, 'Sugah, please use the search function, before you start a topic that's been started 500 times and can be easily found if you bother to look"?
    What I'd like to know is why people even bother to reply with a "search" and nothing else. It's not like they're contributing anything positive to the thread (unless they're trying to show that they're clueless about the topic in the first place ).

04-16-09 07:35 PM
    What I'd like to know is why people even bother to reply with a "search" and nothing else. It's not like they're contributing anything positive to the thread (unless they're trying to show that they're clueless about the topic in the first place ).

Well...that's the way a lot of people communicate, unfortunately. It doesn't mean that they're being "mean" necessarily. I've read replies to posts, and I've often wondered what the person who replied was thinking, based on a flat, one-word reply, and nothing else added. Again, is that "mean"? No. It's just...what it is.

I really believe that the internet has "dumbed down" communication anyway...but that's another post, at another time. Plus, that's been covered before, too.

...and to add, you are one of the best communicators I've come across. No sarcasm, just for heck of it. Clear and concise. I always understand what you're saying.
    04-16-09 07:49 PM
    ...and to add, you are one of the best communicators I've come across. No sarcasm, just for heck of it. Clear and concise. I always understand what you're saying.
    Well thank you kindly ma'am.

I don't have an issue with one word replies, if that one word actually means something in context of the discussion being held.

And I think most of us would overlook any semblance of "rudeness" or "meanness" if that one word actually turned out to be helpful.

What I have little, if any, patience for are those one word replies, which because they have no relevance at all, leave you scratching your head and wondering "what the heck is his/her problem?",

Last edited by A�aric; 04-16-09 at 08:15 PM.
    04-16-09 08:12 PM
    To the OP id also suggest having a look at your own behaviour...the other day you were quite rude to me when i posted something similar to what you had posted but with a bit more info and you came across as being a bit of an *****.

Also today you were quite frankly very rude to Tronyx when he was trying to help. I saw the post you edited but was too late so he quoted it.

Now its all fine and dandy you having a moan but i thought its quite apt that i should also have a moan at your behaviour. Its not the end of the world if someone posts something similar to what you post ie advice wise that is. Theres plenty of threads that have the same advice posted over and over again...are you going to go into those threads and have a pop at people posting the same thing or do you just do it when someone posts similar to what you have posted. God only knows how many arteries you will burst if you give out advice saying do a battery pull for instance and 3 other post the same thing...

Seriously chill out and dont worry about it...sometimes its cool to have a few people post some advice as they may have a different way to doing it than you would yourself ie using shortcuts.
    i read what you said above and i agree, apologies to you and chris (tronx). i admitt that i have been hypicritical and well to be honest i dont want to burst veins and pop arteries over silly things.

if at all possible i will start fresh from today.

04-17-09 04:44 AM
    I can see where the OP is coming from on this. And the reason the OP started this thread is because of his thread that he started earlier today about wi-fi draining battery life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/wifi-invasion-208161/

And to tell you the truth while I understand where the OP is coming from, the responses he got in that thread to me weren't enough to warrant this thread.

It is getting a bit annoying the level of sensitivity on here lately.

I am not being sensitive, it may seem so but it is not the truth. I started this thread because CB users find a topic and accuse the OP of not searching his topic before posting it. What I think is fair is for these CB users to make sure that they are right in their critique before making statements such as �search�, �please search� ect.

You CB users who do this must not guess that a topic hasn�t been searched but you must search yourself and make damn sure that it hasn�t been done before you post negative comments and condescend us beginners.

If you do not want to go through the hassle of the search and the double check then don�t post, just move on.

04-17-09 04:53 AM

Seriously, I understand that these forums are for help, and that they are needed to help noobs get on there feet running.

But couple of things,

The search button in is there for a farking reason, use it. You use google.com, ask.com, yahoo.com, and msnlivesearch.com. why not use the search button on the forum that you are posting on, i bet is narrows it down to just the forum you are posting on, vs. "1-14 of 1,450.536 items found in .36sec.".

now for some rules to live by for posting/replying on the interweb

The world is full of goobers, and a day will pass that you will not meet one of them.

instead of jumping up and down and getting up in a roar, just post the link to the first thread made on "said subject".

(sorry for being blunt - and i'm sure this will effect some people)
    Fighting on the internet is like two ******* running a race, who ever wins is still a ******.

The search button is your friend.

if you post something/reply to something, and you deserve to get flamed, dont get mad if you do get flammed.

Life is short, have fun and keep smiling.
    04-17-09 08:01 AM
    [QUOTE=mjneid;2306579]

The search button is your friend.

if you post something/reply to something, and you deserve to get flamed, dont get mad if you do get flammed.

^^^ you are my twin !

*** On a happy note..... love the animation!
    04-17-09 08:32 AM
    I am not being sensitive, it may seem so but it is not the truth. I started this thread because CB users find a topic and accuse the OP of not searching his topic before posting it. What I think is fair is for these CB users to make sure that they are right in their critique before making statements such as ‘search’, ‘please search’ ect.

You CB users who do this must not guess that a topic hasn’t been searched but you must search yourself and make damn sure that it hasn’t been done before you post negative comments and condescend us beginners.

If you do not want to go through the hassle of the search and the double check then don’t post, just move on.

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter if you are. Everyone is "sensitive" when it comes to what irritates them, not necessarily what bothers others. So, if what doesn't bother them, bothers someone else, they will often label them "sensitive". Don't get sucked into that. We all have to try to co-exist, with our sensitivities and still manage to interact with each other, on a civil level.

The point is folks will be who they are, and there's not a lot you can do about it. It's a waste of time, trying to get rude folks to be nice, when it's not in them to be that way...or they don't wanna be that way.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 04-17-09 at 08:42 AM.
    04-17-09 08:39 AM
    Quite frankly, it doesn't matter if you are. Everyone is "sensitive" when it comes to what irritates them, not necessarily what bothers others. So, if what doesn't bother them, bothers someone else, they will often label them "sensitive". Don't get sucked into that. We all have to try to co-exist, with our sensitivities and still manage to interact with each other, on a civil level.

The point is folks will be who they are, and there's not a lot you can do about it. It's a waste of time, trying to get rude folks to be nice, when it's not in them to be that way...or they don't wanna be that way.
    BEATING A DEAD HORSE.....

04-17-09 08:54 AM
    BEATING A DEAD HORSE.....

Well, don't read it, or respond to it.
    04-17-09 08:57 AM
    Everyone has an opinion and that's that. You can please all of the people all of the time. A good start is to just keep things on topic - post good quality comments/answers and leave it at that. If you see threads that are out of control or members flaming etc - report them and a Mod will take care of it. We could all go back and forth arguing all day long on what is "right or wrong" but lets try to keep the forums directed toward the intended purpose and try not to stray too far.
    04-17-09 09:51 AM
    I know that I have been one of those people to say "Do a search" at some point, but I wasn't doing it to be "mean". I got over that really fast and now I just tell them what I know and move on. I have realized that a lot of the people who are asking questions that have already been answered are usually newbies and don't really know about the search function, so I just help them out instead of making them feel stupid. I know when I was new around here I got those posts saying "search or double post" and that didn't help me because usually I could not find what I was looking for.

I say help if you know and if not just leave it alone.
    04-17-09 09:57 AM
    Well, don't read it, or respond to it.
    no no no... i'm not saying your beating a dead horse,

sorry for the misunderstanding there.....
    04-17-09 09:57 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD