The majority of CB users are very helpfull but there is a small minority out there who are very condesending and almost anal and act as if this forum belongs to them. While I do agree that people must search before posting, at the same time posters should double check before they criticise op's and the such.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 04:19 PM
    Did you search and see if someone else had made the same observation?

What, too soon?
    04-16-09 04:22 PM
    I have posted a few topics now where others come with one liners saying "search" or "search the forums before posting your topic" and such to that effect. I search all my topics first and if I don't find an exact match then I post.

04-16-09 04:23 PM
    The only reason for bagging on posters who post useless threads is because it's so hard to find an answer in the clutter of junk. So, if a member acts a bit harsh (not talking about using profanity or anything) it's just because the same questions just keep popping up without people first doing a little investigative work on their own.

A clean, organized CrackBerry is a happy CrackBerry.

**EDIT** bt, my man, that is classic. And second, directive, there isn't anything fundamentally new so any question you have has probably been posted before and with some patience can be found by Searching.

And be sure, I don't care how many threads are posted about the same topic, just looking at it from a different point of view.
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 04-16-09 at 04:27 PM.
    04-16-09 04:23 PM
    Why do you care about those exceptions anyway. The (very, very) few jerks that around here should not be able to cross your experience at Crackberry. They can act all day that way for all I care.

04-16-09 04:24 PM
    I have posted a few topics now where others come with one liners saying "search" or "search the forums before posting your topic" and such to that effect. I search all my topics first and if I don't find an exact match then I post.

You do understand I was kidding.
    04-16-09 04:26 PM
    04-16-09 04:26 PM
    LOL..That was Grrrreat
    04-16-09 04:27 PM
    Well when you are experienced with forums as some of us are it's easy to point out a flaw in someone else.
    A lot of people new to forums don't know about the search option.
    I use it myself a lot but a new member here or one who has limited knowledge when it comes to forums wants a fast answer so all they know to do is Add a New Topic.
    The only thing that really irritates me is when people post stuff irrelevant to the forum posted in. Such as this topic. Does it have anything to do with BlackBerry Bold? Or did you just post it here because it's an active forum on the board?
    This should be in Off-Topic, there's just way too much clutter on these boards; such as multiple posts of the same topic or posts completely irrelevant to the board.
    If you want to get more input on this subject it's best to post it where people expect it to be. People visit this forum because they want to discuss the Bold and when they see a topic that doesn't relate to it they are more than likely to bypass it.
    I'm not trying to be offensive, just trying to be informative.
    04-16-09 04:30 PM
    I belong to a few forums, and have noticed this forum has alot more sarcastic and just plain rude members. I try to avoid some of these trolls and ignore them.
    04-16-09 04:31 PM

What, too soon?
    I know you're kidding mate
    Even know I am having a moan and groan I do have a brilliant sense of humour.

04-16-09 04:31 PM
    I belong to a few forums, and have noticed this forum has alot more sarcastic and just plain rude members. I try to avoid some of these trolls and ignore them.
    Honestly, aming, that's the best idea. Don't let the few ruin the way you view the community as a whole.
    04-16-09 04:36 PM
    If people think this site has sarcastic people they must not go on many different forums?Try out some car forums and watch how people will **** on your sensitive selfs..lol This forum is harmless compared to the rest.

And Its the internet who gives a **** what people think..I come on here to learn/read posts and to pass time...And thats what is good about any forums,Theres endless information and you always will be learning..
    04-16-09 04:40 PM
    To the OP id also suggest having a look at your own behaviour...the other day you were quite rude to me when i posted something similar to what you had posted but with a bit more info and you came across as being a bit of an *****.

Also today you were quite frankly very rude to Tronyx when he was trying to help. I saw the post you edited but was too late so he quoted it.

Now its all fine and dandy you having a moan but i thought its quite apt that i should also have a moan at your behaviour. Its not the end of the world if someone posts something similar to what you post ie advice wise that is. Theres plenty of threads that have the same advice posted over and over again...are you going to go into those threads and have a pop at people posting the same thing or do you just do it when someone posts similar to what you have posted. God only knows how many arteries you will burst if you give out advice saying do a battery pull for instance and 3 other post the same thing...

Seriously chill out and dont worry about it...sometimes its cool to have a few people post some advice as they may have a different way to doing it than you would yourself ie using shortcuts.
    04-16-09 04:52 PM

What, too soon?
    Priceless........
    04-16-09 04:54 PM
    I agree to a certain extent. Some can be mean but a lot may come across as mean.
    04-16-09 04:58 PM
    And Its the internet who gives a **** what people think.
    That's just the kind of cavalier attitude that let's people engage in behavior online that would never be tolerated in real life.

If it's not acceptable in real life, why should it be any less unacceptable because one can't see your face?

04-16-09 05:24 PM
    I can see where the OP is coming from on this. And the reason the OP started this thread is because of his thread that he started earlier today about wi-fi draining battery life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/wifi-invasion-208161/

And to tell you the truth while I understand where the OP is coming from, the responses he got in that thread to me weren't enough to warrant this thread.

It is getting a bit annoying the level of sensitivity on here lately.
    04-16-09 05:30 PM
    That's just the kind of cavalier attitude that let's people engage in behavior online that would never be tolerated in real life.

If it's not acceptable in real life, why should it be any less unacceptable because one can't see your face?

That line doesn't obtain to me,Because ill say anything to your face that i say here..

But for others who are not like that,who gives a ****..Im tired of all you sensitive people online crying about people being mean,Chances are your sensitive in real life also..Get some tissues and cry about it...Its called the REAL WORLD..
    04-16-09 05:30 PM
    I have a globe icon on my home screen, what does it mean?

*ducks*
    04-16-09 05:31 PM
    I have a globe icon on my home screen, what does it mean?

*ducks*
    you have a WAP message
    04-16-09 05:56 PM
    I can see where the OP is coming from on this. And the reason the OP started this thread is because of his thread that he started earlier today about wi-fi draining battery life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/wifi-invasion-208161/

And to tell you the truth while I understand where the OP is coming from, the responses he got in that thread to me weren't enough to warrant this thread.

It is getting a bit annoying the level of sensitivity on here lately.
    I 2nd that.... Too many hurt feelings
    04-16-09 05:57 PM
    CB is a pretty friendly place, with only minor scuffles breaking out here and there. I am surprised when people are so easily offended by a sharp tone or when they don't just ignore posts they don't like. And I find this thread a bit of an over-reaction to a fairly mild series of skirmishes. I don't mind that it's here - just surprises me a bit.

Are people mean sometimes? I suppose. Can't say I really care. And most of the curmudgeonly types have some mad good information to share.
    04-16-09 06:08 PM
    And most of the curmudgeonly types have some mad good information to share.
    Ding ding. If you don't like the way the info is given then don't accept it. Feel free to chat with people who are nice, but may or may not be helpful.
    04-16-09 06:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/rant...udeness-79619/

04-16-09 06:14 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD