Well about 30 minutes ago somebody cut my screen and reached their hand through my window while I was listen to music (I had my headphones on) well I grabbed my shotgun and went outside and then shots starting going off like I was in a war. I saw somebody trying to jump the fence but couldn't make the person out but noticed he/she was holding a uzi. So I yelled drop the weapon, while shots were still going off, I told that person to drop it. Then a bullet zooms by my face so I head back inside and proceed to my window and saw a gun being pointed at me so I proceeded to open fire. It was very dark out in my backyard so I really couldn't comprehend who was who, I discharged 5 rounds. I was talkin to the police dispatcher via my bluetooth while all this was happening, she told me not to use my shotgun. I wasn't listening to her, I was protecting myself. The police finally came 5 minutes later, I told them what happened. They put me in handcuffs and brought me down to the station, I then was cleared. I still don't know if I hit anyone, just know I'm moving. I'm ok just mad as heck, I'm listening to the police scanner and there is a lot of chatter bout a suspicious person walking around wearing all black, along with numerous shots fired calls. Now I got several holes in the back of my house and garage, well I will report back with further info about this case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 04:57 AM
    Holy war zone! Sounds like me old neighborhood.

08-03-09 05:14 AM
    It was a war zone, the detective told me they just recovered 100+ casings just in my backyard, over by a apartment complex they found 75+ casings and they are still outside. It was gang related none sense. They haven't found any suspects yet. They said they will notify me on any changes in the case. I'm moving in 2 weeks!

08-03-09 05:22 AM
    Sounds like you need to set up some Claymore mines around your perimiter on trip wires. And get something more AR15 styled with some extra magazines. Oh, and kevlar helmet/body armor. And a platoon of soldiers or Marines.

Good to hear you made it through that craziness.

08-03-09 08:37 AM
    Is this for real? Sounds like a scene out of a movie or something...
    08-03-09 08:41 AM
    Yes this is for real, I live in a not so friendly neighborhood.

08-03-09 08:53 AM
    I prefer my Mossberg Rolling Thunder* 12ga, 23" bbl, Matte Finish, Black Synthetic Stock, Pistol Grip, Bead Sights, Heat Shield, Barrel Stabilizer, 6 Shot, Overall length 33.5", weight 6.75 pounds over an AR-15.

08-03-09 08:58 AM
    Only downside to the shotgun is the fairly short range and the fact that it can be fairly slow to reload. It's a shame they don't make more shotguns with a detatchable box magazine for quick reloads.

I'm certainly not going to second guess your weapon choice, as long as it works for you and you're happy with it, that's all that matters. Well, that along with not freezing up and being able/having the mental frame of mind allowing you to fight back when needed. Too few people have that mindset these days, and criminals/thugs/gangs take advantage of that.

08-03-09 09:04 AM
    I so agree with ya, its just if I was going to have a semi-auto smg it would be the FN P90. I'm very fast with the use of my shotgun, along with reloading fast. The shotgun is perfect for my house cause its quite small and I can't have a short barrel for an AR-15 only law enforcement and military are able to use it.

08-03-09 09:18 AM
    The dispatcher was telling you not to shoot at them? We need to change these laws around, what a joke... It's like people who shoot intruders and go to jail for murder With the way people are today... Who knows if they're breaking in to rob you, or breaking in to hurt you and your family? You shouldn't have to ask permission to kill the dirtbag.
    08-03-09 09:41 AM
    I agree with you Back-space, that's exactly how it is here. Our laws here are very strict, no joke.

08-03-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD