So, to anyone in the Grand Rapids or surrounding area, you most likely know about something called Artprize. Over 1,000 artists are competing for a top prize of $250,000! Now, I'm sure a bunch of those people are doing a small, simple, not great piece of art. However, I've got something that I think all of you guys here -might- appreciate.

A backstory: yes, this is my oldest brother. Yes, he's extremely cool. Yes, he's genuine, an awesome guy, and really freaking talented. Don't believe me? Just PM me for a bit more information. Or ask here. Anyways... I wanted to show you guys his entry for the Artprize, and if you're in Grand Rapids September 23 - 27th, you should go check him out - Gerald R. Ford Museum parking lot, you WON'T miss his truck. He's going to be doing live demonstrations throughout the day, busting blocks of ice on the stomach of a guy on a bed of nails, put a guy in an ice coffin for 8 hours, CRAZY stuff.

Anyways, check him out! Watch the 4 videos on the 2nd page (or 3rd, 4th, etc, each day they post 4 videos and this was 2 days ago now) labeled "Artprize Entry".

Derek is my brother.

Emily Richett on FOX 17 Morning News. Celebrity interviews, entertainment news & out on the town with Emily. - FOX 17

A picture of it... just a LICK of what it is... watch the video!!

ArtPrize sets dates for 2010 competition in Grand Rapids - MLive.com

So, what do you Crackberry/iPhone/other people think? wild?
    09-03-09 09:51 PM
    I've done a better ice sculpture in my sleep... Lawl jk, it looks pretty BA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 11:06 PM
    Sounds like one of the more crazy Art exibits out there. Hopefully the weather will hold for him. Has anyone heard of a Artprize ap for Blackberry? There is one for Iphone and I was hoping....
    09-24-09 10:54 AM
    Sounds like one of the more crazy Art exibits out there. Hopefully the weather will hold for him. Has anyone heard of a Artprize ap for Blackberry? There is one for Iphone and I was hoping....
    Not that I've heard of, although it's possible! Do you want an app for showing where all the various artists and sculptures are? Or do you want an app for voting? I know you can vote online (ArtPrize - An open art contest based in Grand Rapids Michigan, the world's largest Art Prize.) and through texting.
    09-27-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD