Just sold my car on CL. Went fine. Have bought a couple items too. No issues. But no, dating on CL? Not for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 03:09 PM
    Ok, here is an email from one of my CL stalkers...Just got right now, I can't help but laugh now.. this person IM'd me, emailed me and called all for a dining room table that I was selling for 25 bucks. Asking if I can delivery, if I will throw in the chairs and everything else I already replied saying I wouldn't do.

Subject: Re: hi please do a favour to me with this

hi,

i think you have given chairs and now you are selling table.Now its big tough task to sell that.If you would have sold me than i would have even given $40 and no risk of checking further mails etc. I even gave you surity but you suspected me.I was really in need of that.

Ok, anyhow thanks for your kind favor.

bye
    03-13-09 03:14 PM
    I just sold my G1 on CL just Monday, was real simple. Posted it at 1, and had the money by 7. It's probably alot harder considering they have to pick it up. You just have to weed thru any responses that don't say exactly what you're looking for, and don't have an email address or number in your post.

Good luck, I hope my imperial knowledge and wisdom will help guide you in some way.
    03-13-09 03:21 PM
    I looked for a new nanny of Craig's List. BIG mistake! I thought I had found someone great (her husband worked for the same very large government agency I work for) and they had an adopted child which made me think that they would be GREAT parents since you have to jump through hoops to adopt a child. Boy, was I wrong! I let her go after 3 weeks. I would show up to pick up my son (since she insisted on keeping him in her home) and the door would be locked and it would be minutes before she answered the door and I could hear him crying I saw her 3 year old daughter standing on him once (he was about 6 months old) and I corrected her child and she jumped all over me for doing that. I never brought him back to her.
    03-13-09 03:41 PM
    I looked for a new nanny of Craig's List. BIG mistake! I thought I had found someone great (her husband worked for the same very large government agency I work for) and they had an adopted child which made me think that they would be GREAT parents since you have to jump through hoops to adopt a child. Boy, was I wrong! I let her go after 3 weeks. I would show up to pick up my son (since she insisted on keeping him in her home) and the door would be locked and it would be minutes before she answered the door and I could hear him crying I saw her 3 year old daughter standing on him once (he was about 6 months old) and I corrected her child and she jumped all over me for doing that. I never brought him back to her.
    My wife and I tried a few of in home day cares before we found the right place for our kids. My son has a very severe peanut allergy (contact with peanuts will actually send him into anaphylactic shock and cause his airway to close up) and we made it VERY clear that he could not have or come close to anything with peanuts. At the first place they gave him a PB&J on the fourth day. My wife was luckily close by and had to rush him to the ER because the id10t woman wasn't even planning on taking him. She just called my wife to let her know that he looked a little swollen after lunch. I actually showed up early to pick him up at the second place and found all the kids outside in the yard while she was inside watching Jerry Springer. A small chain actually ended up opening a brand new facility down the road from our house and we were the third parents to even walk in the door. My kids will never go anywhere else. This group has been great and I often joke that they take better care of our kids than we do at home.
    03-13-09 04:11 PM
    Ok, here is an email from one of my CL stalkers...Just got right now, I can't help but laugh now.. this person IM'd me, emailed me and called all for a dining room table that I was selling for 25 bucks. Asking if I can delivery, if I will throw in the chairs and everything else I already replied saying I wouldn't do.

Subject: Re: hi please do a favour to me with this

hi,

i think you have given chairs and now you are selling table.Now its big tough task to sell that.If you would have sold me than i would have even given $40 and no risk of checking further mails etc. I even gave you surity but you suspected me.I was really in need of that.

Ok, anyhow thanks for your kind favor.

bye
    Um, I wouldn't want to make any sudden moves in front of that one. Wonder if they wear a tinfoil hat?

Why did Nintendo put rumble in their controllers?
    Because they thought it was a good idea after seeing one shuddering in the shower.

03-13-09 04:13 PM
    My wife and I tried a few of in home day cares before we found the right place for our kids. My son has a very severe peanut allergy (contact with peanuts will actually send him into anaphylactic shock and cause his airway to close up) and we made it VERY clear that he could not have or come close to anything with peanuts. At the first place they gave him a PB&J on the fourth day. My wife was luckily close by and had to rush him to the ER because the id10t woman wasn't even planning on taking him. She just called my wife to let her know that he looked a little swollen after lunch. I actually showed up early to pick him up at the second place and found all the kids outside in the yard while she was inside watching Jerry Springer. A small chain actually ended up opening a brand new facility down the road from our house and we were the third parents to even walk in the door. My kids will never go anywhere else. This group has been great and I often joke that they take better care of our kids than we do at home.
    I've gone through almost 6 child care providers since I started working again. I finally found a day care for him that I love. At first I thought I was just being picky - but it's so important to find a place/person that you trust to keep your kiddo.
    03-13-09 04:33 PM
    I've gone through almost 6 child care providers since I started working again. I finally found a day care for him that I love. At first I thought I was just being picky - but it's so important to find a place/person that you trust to keep your kiddo.
    It's not about being picky, it's your child. In today's world it's very important to find someone you trust to watch your kid...
    03-13-09 04:41 PM
    It's not about being picky, it's your child. In today's world it's very important to find someone you trust to watch your kid...
    I was trying to explain this to a friend of mine that is single with no kids. He called me picky too. All I had to do was remind him about how selective he was in his dating life and then suggest that the women he was picking would actually determine if he lived or died. He understood right away.
    03-13-09 04:54 PM
    Surely anyone offering day care services should have to adhere to regulations - that peanut story is horrific.

03-13-09 04:54 PM
    Surely anyone offering day care services should have to adhere to regulations - that peanut story is horrific.

Oh they have regulations and inspections, but those don't prevent pure stupidity.
    03-13-09 04:56 PM
    I'm not a fan of the litigation culture, but where stupidity can mean someone else paying the price, there should be a process that stays in their mind 'if I do this wrong I get done for it'. In the current economic climate, we could see a lot of chancers turning up on the scene.

03-13-09 05:06 PM
    & most people posting on Craiglist NEED the money!

i guess, or they just want to get rid of stuff they would otherwise just throw away.
    03-14-09 04:37 PM
    Not surprised by these stories. Not after hearing about this little gem...

Actually cannot go into details - NSFW or kids - do a search for craigslist super mario. Oof!

I'll never look at super mario in the same light ever again OMG
    03-15-09 01:09 PM
    i sell a lot of stuff on CL, and i think its a good website.
    03-15-09 04:23 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD