This is just my opinion but I really like my Blackberry. I've owned many a Blackberry over the years and admit it wasn't until fairly recent I had decided to join the Crackberry community. I also have had the option to use the IOS and Android platform which in the end still prefer my BB for what I use the phone for.

Unfortunately, it really hasn't been the best experience here at Crackberry as a Blackberry enthusiast looking to read about all the current good stuff, advancement of BB10, and yes even some "issues" others may have, but NOT the outright negative posts I see. I've read some great posts so don't get me wrong it hasn't been all that bad.

Problem is that (maybe it's just me) I find sooo much negativity towards Blackberry and RIM which is unfortunate for an "enthusiasts" site. It also seems that lately I've seen a lot of "newbies" that have joined that within the first post are posting negatively. Some not newbies but with all negative post. All you see about them is their name and their "current status" (ie. newbie, abuser etc) . Makes me wonder how many non-enthusiasts of Blackberry join just to ruin others experience on here. Heck, anyone can come sign up, pick any of the Blackberry phones and/or the Playbook and say they are a current user and slam the forums with negative articles. I wish there was some way that Crackberry could use the BB "PIN" for some kind of verification before joining.

Nothing is going to change my mind on switching and yes to those who think I'm simply a fanboy, I am not BLIND to what is going on with RIM, but until such as RIM and my BB aren't doing what I need or am getting frustrated, I don't need to constantly read how RIM is Dying or Dead! One of the reasons I did join here, was do to all the negative press outside of these forums. I am a fan but not a fanboy, and wanted to find a place where I could read read about the positive news on what RIM is trying to do with BB10 and the positive of even the BB0S7.

Just wanted to see if perhaps I was the only one feeling this way? As there are somethings that are perhaps not the best on a BB, it works and does what I need for the majority, and with other things...maybe I'm old school, but I still love my laptop, which solves the rest.
    06-27-12 11:35 AM
    You sort of answered your own question.... with so much negativity towards RIM does it surprise you that it filters through to various sites.... Not only Crackberry.... Trolling is becoming a major issue on all sites and platforms not just this one.... You can break trolls to two catagories.... those who do it for sport and those who actually believe what they have posted..... If you do not want to partake of negativity... simply ingnore the negative post... they usually stick out like a sore thumb... for me I just want to be informed and enjoy my BB devices.....
    06-27-12 11:49 AM
    Hi tjseaman,

Feel free to use the "Report Post" feature. The CrackBerry mods are very good at troll hunting if you give them a chance.

Cheers,
    06-27-12 11:52 AM
    Just enjoy your blackberry and don't pay attention to the trolls.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 11:58 AM
    It comes and goes. Some days CB is a big warm fuzzy, and some days it's like slogging through a land-mine-laden manure bog. Right now we're leading into what's sure to be a disappointing earnings call, which always brings the armchair analcycsts out of the woodwork. The stock is getting hammered -- again -- because there just isn't any concrete good news to prevent it, and anybody who isn't getting impatient waiting for BB10 is mostly writing it off as too little too late. Sentiment, whether negative or positive, once allowed to start rolling is like a wave that keeps building and is very difficult to reverse until it has run itself out one way or another. It doesn't help that the prophets of doom are almost always the loudest and most relentless.

But, there are still those of us around patiently waiting for what's to come, fully aware of the challenges the company faces, yet nonetheless remaining optimistic that it can pull the BB brand out of its slump. Since there really isn't much else in the way of news, I come in here to pick through the bs for more signs of hope from others like you and me.

So ... Enjoy whatever positive news we can find, calmly quell the misinformation and negative sentiment where possible, and just ignore the rest.
    06-27-12 12:08 PM
    Some of the anti-RIM posters are most likely pr trolls...it's their job to be here and they do what they can to look normal

Mods should study their posts and just ban them. They offer nothing of value to this community. They try to make us believe they do
    06-27-12 12:28 PM
    Word of advice OP. Just avoid the forums general and new/rumors boards.
    The media at large is stoned stupid with hate for RIM so it's no surprise that those news media reliant boards are essentially bile central at the moment.

Don't let the negative group think get to you. It's psychological manipulation really and even though most people have been susceptible you don't have to be.

And pay no heed to the insults, "BBfanboy" and such. It comes from the ignorant and, most often, hypocrites.
    06-27-12 12:29 PM
    Remember that the purpose of a troll is to draw attention to himself. If you respond negatively or positively, you're supplying the troll with what he wants.

That said, not all posts negative toward Blackberry/RIM are from trolls. Some are Blackberry users (or former Blackberry users) who wish to address grievances and want to do so among a community they perceive is at least paid some attention to by RIM.
    06-27-12 12:36 PM
    Just lately? Could have fooled me.
    06-27-12 12:46 PM
    The haters will never leave! I think its amusing that so many people who hate blackberry post and respond on this site. Why they invest their time and energy into this site is a mystery to me.
    Last edited by omi10468; 06-27-12 at 12:53 PM.
    06-27-12 12:51 PM
    The haters will never leave! I think its amusing that so many people who hate blackberry post and respond on this site. Why they invest their time and energy into this site is a mystery to me.
    It's to enlighten us. We are obviously idiots for sticking with these inferior pos's that we do, clinging beyond reason to a company doomed for failure, lost as we are in this quagmire of technology and desperately seeking the way to clarity.

Damn, at a quick glance even that almost sounds profound.
    06-27-12 02:53 PM
    It's to enlighten us. We are obviously idiots for sticking with these inferior pos's that we do, clinging beyond reason to a company doomed for failure, lost as we are in this quagmire of technology and desperately seeking the way to clarity.

Makes me want to join!
    06-27-12 03:20 PM

Bear, why you got to be all Confucius like and ish
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-27-12 03:24 PM
    Bear, why you got to be all Confucius like and ish
    What can I say. You guys inspire me.
    06-28-12 07:03 AM
    What's that old expression? You can be part of the problem or you can be part of the solution. You can resolve to post only in a positive way. To only make posts that add value to the forum. That is to answer member questions. Or when expressing an opinion and supporting it, being aware of the feelings of others and posting with some class and decorum, AND sticking to the facts, not posting wild unsubstantiated rumors. Don't add fuel to existing fires either, if someone is posting out of line, simply ignore them and move on, and if you are unable to do that, then use our report button and let the mods handle it. (It's the ! in a triangle, or [!!] symbol) Besides just ignoring someone with your mind (and moving on) we have an actual ignore command you can use to permanently block out their posts from your forum experience. From a PC (or the full HTML site on your BB), click on the person's name, then View Public Profile, then from the Profile Page you will see a link for User Lists, click on it and select Add to Ignore.

Be part of the solution!
    06-28-12 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD