Hey Guys,

Yeah, keep it clean, keep the peace, and we'll all be good to go here. Might be easiest if we pretend the day never happened.

The good news is, all forums go through this kind of growing pain from time to time. If you don't believe me, take a look at this thread on our sibling site Treo Central (biggest Palm Treo forum on the net) - Moderating civil discussion in the forums (especially off-topic) - TreoCentral.com

The good news is the forums will go on, we'll all learn from the mistakes we may have made, and because we love this site so darn much we'll keep spreading the word and make sure it keeps growing. I know some harsh words we're thrown yesterday, which is totally uncalled for regardless of reasoning (this is just a website about BlackBerrys after all).

I made a mistake on my end and it's one that I'm going to rectify in the next few days. That mistake is not having the Infraction System set up in the forums yet. One of the problems we have now is that while the Rules and Guidelines are written out and pretty clear, we don't have a management system in place to clearly and consistently issue and track rule breaking, warnings, bans, etc.

With the Infraction system place, we basically assign values to difference offenses, and trigger points which yield temporary or permanent ban.

Illustration: Let's say the trigger points are: 10 points is a 3 day ban, 20 points is a one month suspension, and 25 points is a permanent ban. Values for offenses might be: 5 points for inappropriate language, 3 points for posting more than one url in your signature, 20 points for personally attacking a member in the forums, and spamming is 25 points (0 tolerance for spamming - immediately banned for life).

So in this case, let's say you say you swear or say something really inappropriate in the forums. An Infraction is issued by the moderators and you have 5 points against you. Then let's say you swear again a couple of days later and get another infraction. You're not at 10 points, and the 3 day ban is automatically issued. We can also set expiry times on infractions. So let's say you swear once and have 5 points against you... after 3 months that infraction will expire and you're back to 0 points (totally clean slate). The numbers above were just examples for now....will get it all figured out, but basically what this allows us to do is give everyone certainty in what they are allowed/not allowed to do and they know in advance the ramifications of they're actions. It also adds a layer of transparency to the moderation team - it doesn't matter which moderator is doing the moderating as the punishments/past offences/handing out of bans are all managed by the system.

So expect that system to be in place soon. I will make an announcement once it's up and everyone will be able to monitor their actions accordingly.

So let's keep it clean, keep it fun.
    12-08-07 10:07 AM
    Thank you for the insight Kevin! And thank you for the 2nd chance! Will look forward to see the new system put into place!
    12-08-07 10:11 AM
    Ok that's what is need. A system. Cool. Yeah berry. I had honey one other time in myl life but I was sick didn't like it never ate it. Yesterday I was watching beemovie and tried it. It was so. Good. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-07 10:19 AM
    I thought Bee movie was OK but tooo many Bee jokes!
    12-08-07 10:21 AM
    Whats up CB playas! Im down to join the party if I can?
    12-08-07 10:25 AM
    Welcome Modfish! The more the merryer! Drinks on the house for you for the next 24 hours bro! enjoy!
    12-08-07 10:27 AM
    Right on well i will take a triple shot of patron on the rocks with a little bit of lime. To start the 24hrs off.
    12-08-07 10:31 AM
    Welcome modfish. All are welcome. Drink freely today.

12-08-07 10:52 AM
    I need a head strart i got a xmas party to go to tonight....Redbull and vodka..
    12-08-07 10:53 AM
    Here's your drink Fish!
    12-08-07 10:54 AM
    Its a movie about bees. I liked it a lot. Lol.

12-08-07 10:55 AM
    LOL I know but I thought there were about 20 too many bee jokes!
    12-08-07 10:57 AM
    On the house for everyone today.

12-08-07 11:06 AM
    Gotta get my picks in. The pats were exposed last week. They r going down tomorrow.

12-08-07 11:18 AM
    Aight Ren! Back to business as usual! BW's Sunday NFL Picks:

CIN
    DET
    GB
    BUF
    TB
    TEN (That ones for you buddy!)
    JAX
    NYG!!!!!!
    ARI
    MIN
    PIT (In the words of Brian "The Gaytriots still suck!") still LMAO bout that line!
    NYJ
    KC
    BAL
    NO on MNF

Is it too late to pick Thursdays game? LOL
    12-08-07 11:35 AM
    What da deal playas? Its a lovely day n tha ATL. Glad 2 c tha club on n poppin! Ren since drinks r on tha house then I'll have absolute strait up all day!

12-08-07 11:35 AM
    WHat up DeeDee!?!? Good to c u!!! Heres your drink sweety! ANd again appreciated your support yesterday!
    12-08-07 11:37 AM
    Ill make my picks later. Hey dee dee. Glad you are home. Posr your stories from up north lol how was that snow. Lol. I'm in a good mood so imma wipe that bill adrian ran up. Girl u were up to 7k.

12-08-07 11:51 AM
    BUCS over the Titans...Everything else doesn't matter...Lol....Anyone gonna go see Golden Compass. I wanna see that one. Reminds me of Narnia from the previews.
    12-08-07 12:48 PM
    J$!! Dude, hate to break it to ya but NO WAY ur Bucs are beatin the titans! You know I got love for ya but NO WAY Bro!!
    12-08-07 12:51 PM
    Crap no the TEXANS sorry, The cold medicine and Redbulls and vodka got me twisted....We already beat the Titans this year son HAHAHAHA Go Bucs!
    12-08-07 01:01 PM
    Yo. Bw. Did you try that heineken light yet?

12-08-07 01:29 PM
    Hi fellas... I see that you all stop in on the ladies. I wanted to stop in on you guys to say HELLO to my crackberry brothers.
    12-08-07 02:41 PM
    Welcome misst. Have some spirits on the house.

12-08-07 02:43 PM
    People kill me....putting they "2 cents" in when nobody gives a frogs leg what they think!
    12-08-07 02:56 PM
8,516 ... 123124125126127 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD