todays question ( 9-11-01) where were you and what were you doing when the planes hit the towers? I was taking a break from truck driving, so I was working in a glass warehouse making windows and doors. this was in Tennessee (go vols) lol anyway , I was listening to some crappy radio show. I think it was mancow, and they reported a plane just crashed into the world trade center. I knew when they said it that it was an attack. I've been to new york more times than i care to remember and there wa no way you can't see those towers.. by the time the 2nd plane hit I was in tears. now I didn't know anyone in the buildings in the planes on the ground at ground zero, but before i moved to Tennessee (go vols) i use to go into ny everyday on my daily run. the warehouse i use to go to allowed 1 truck at a time on the property. tight place .. so while you waited for your turn to go in you had a perfect view of the ny skyline. (beautiful)..
    i think thats where the tears came from seeing those buildings every weekday for 2 yrs and knowing they are gone hurt that day. still do..............
    09-11-07 12:09 AM
    As you all know I'm originally from NJ. I used to work downtown newark, nj at 3 Penn Plaza. I was driving to work when the 1st plane hit. We had a beautiful view of the sky line from the 13th floor. By the time I got upstairs the 2nd plane was flying into the other tower. We actually saw the plane crash into it. It was the most horrific sight and feeling I had/have ever experienced. I have tons of friends and family that worked there. Thank GOD we only lost one. Once we realized what was going on at the world trade center, they evacuated our building because we were only seperated by the river and penn station (subway) provided a 5min ride into the city. Even though I only lived 15min from there it took me 4hours to get my children from school and get home. Our cell phones didn't work so I felt like a sitting target. I have never been that scared in my life. It happened 6yrs ago, but it seems like it was just yesterday. I pray for the victims and fallen heroes every day and thank GOD my life was spared.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-07 06:20 AM
    Ok let me bash the crimson tide roll tide don't make me laugh they are the s.e.c.'S lap dogs.

09-11-07 07:26 PM
    uh tennessee volunteers are garbage....just had to announce that...
    09-11-07 07:56 PM
    9/11/2001 - Where I was....

I was at work (same place I am now) about 25 miles south of Washington DC. My oldest son called me after the first plane hit and told me about it. He was watching the news at his future in-laws house while his fiancee (now wife) was shopping and planning things for her parents 30th wedding anniversary that day (yes, their anniversary is 9/11!) I will never forget my son saying "Oh my God, Mom! A plane flew in to the other tower!" (Even typing that now, brings me to tears) I learned of the Pentagon attack from the news that was on EVERYONE's desk - despite the fact that we weren't allowed radios! After that, they set up the one TV we had in the break room (a few steps from my office) and as much as possible, we were all glued to CNN. There were several women where I work that had husbands that worked at the Pentagon. Thankfully, the spouses were all spared, although it took many hours to find that out and still more hours for everyone to get home. At mid-day, all the employees that could break away from what they were doing, gathered in the break room and had a community prayer for those that were lost, those that were rescuing others, and for our leaders.

About a week or so later, I did a "Unity Walk" that passed as close as we could to the Pentagon. Seeing that hole in that massive building was a sight I will never EVER forget. A few months after that, my oldest son was hired by a company that was doing the "rebuild" of the Pentagon. He says it really was a labor of love to work there, and everyone was SO committed to finish the rebuild before the first year was up. They did!!!
    09-11-07 08:07 PM
    Oh. Let's welcome the new guy as for all new ppl at the club drinks are on the house. Let's all give him a warm hello.

09-11-07 08:07 PM
    thanks man
    09-11-07 08:15 PM
    Welcome Pearl!
    09-11-07 08:19 PM
    I'm a new BB player.

I was a sophomore in HS at the light right before we turned to go to school when we heard about the first plane hitting. Just thought it was a cessna hitting a building by accident. After finding out it wasn't an accident I remember after growing up in the military having such an anger come over me.

Three years later I joined the USMC and got to see what supposed little difference we are making.

Anyways thats my tale
    09-12-07 11:02 AM
    new BB player > I cry everythime I see united 93. No offense to muslims but they hate us and this is my personal opinion and I hope people respect it as it is MY OPINION i think extreme ismlamics are the NAZI's of this century and need to be eliminated
    09-12-07 12:40 PM
    I'm a new BB player.

I was a sophomore in HS at the light right before we turned to go to school when we heard about the first plane hitting. Just thought it was a cessna hitting a building by accident. After finding out it wasn't an accident I remember after growing up in the military having such an anger come over me.

Three years later I joined the USMC and got to see what supposed little difference we are making.

Anyways thats my tale

Welcome Charleston, and Semper Fi!!!! I'm divorced from a Marine (now retired - was married to him his entire USMC career) - got the ID card and privileges to prove it!!!!!

ANYway - THANK YOU for the sacrifices you have made protecting our freedom.
    09-12-07 04:13 PM
    new BB player > I cry everythime I see united 93. No offense to muslims but they hate us and this is my personal opinion and I hope people respect it as it is MY OPINION...<partial snip>...........
    (whispers) Duende - I can appreciate your opinion, but I would be willing to bet that you will be warned by the mods or admin regarding advocating violence.
    09-12-07 04:16 PM
    Welcome Charleston, and Semper Fi!!!! I'm divorced from a Marine (now retired - was married to him his entire USMC career) - got the ID card and privileges to prove it!!!!!

ANYway - THANK YOU for the sacrifices you have made protecting our freedom.
    I'm so sorry you were forced to be married to one of us lol.

We make horrible spouses haha

I still have my pack and well other stuff haha
    09-12-07 04:32 PM
    I'm so sorry you were forced to be married to one of us lol.

We make horrible spouses haha

I still have my pack and well other stuff haha
    It wasn't the Marines that made him a bad spouse... looking back now, I should have seen it before he even went in.

I still have (somewhere!?!?!) a can of Peanut Butter from C-Rats... and a couple JohnWaynes/P-38s
    09-12-07 05:18 PM
    Welcome new fellas first round on the house. Those of you over 21. So pearl you can get kool aid only. . Todays question of the day, may be a shocker now pretend for a second a world without blackberries. If there were no blackberries. What mobile device would you be using right now? I think I would still be on my razor.

09-13-07 01:33 AM
    I would go right back to my samsung blackjack.

09-13-07 02:11 AM
    Welcome new fellas first round on the house. Those of you over 21. So pearl you can get kool aid only. . Todays question of the day, may be a shocker now pretend for a second a world without blackberries. If there were no blackberries. What mobile device would you be using right now? I think I would still be on my razor.

I'd go back to my Treo650 or possibly upgrade to a winmob device. However, I would HAVE to have a data plan with it....
    09-13-07 06:20 AM
    Welcome Duende, Charleston & Pearl to the forum and to Renegade's thread. He is awesome and is so much fun!

You will enjoy not only the entertainment but in this forum you will learn a great deal as well.

Gia
    09-13-07 08:59 AM
    If there were no blackberrys, I would try to get a device that would be comparable to one.........I know it would be a step down but it would be better than just having an old nothing cell phone.
    09-13-07 09:01 AM
    It wasn't the Marines that made him a bad spouse... looking back now, I should have seen it before he even went in.

I still have (somewhere!?!?!) a can of Peanut Butter from C-Rats... and a couple JohnWaynes/P-38s

Ahh but we all know that once you go green you're screwed lol

I luckily have most of my issued gear left to train with.

Who doesn't love a non emotional, harsh, hard, coldheated, mean SOB
    09-13-07 09:23 AM

Semper Fi!

I was stationed in Camp Lagoon NC what about you?
    09-13-07 10:28 AM
    Semper Fi!

I was stationed in Camp Lagoon NC what about you?
    Good ole Lejeune too

Damn I miss bo jangles and those J-vill girls
    09-13-07 10:34 AM
    Ahhh yes those J-vill gurls and the green porch lights in midway park!
    09-13-07 10:38 AM
    And last but not least naval gunfire by your barracks right after you back from the sandbox ftl lol
    09-13-07 11:07 AM
    I use to date a guy that was in the Marines. He was so respectful, courteous and such a doll. Unfortunately, we parted ways because I only saw him a few times a year and he was a little too possessive at the time for me. But we remained good friends.
    09-13-07 11:09 AM
8,516 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD