Today was my friend's day to make the walk to the bridge.
    He has been my companion for 13 years, but today, my wife, myself and our vet all agreed that there were no more alternatives available to keep him free of pain. He had arthritis in his hind quarters, a tumor that could not be operated on and very few teeth left.
    We have kept him on regular vet visits for 13 years, but today, they had no more solutions.
    This was hard, but it was better to give him relief than to try to nurse him through recovery and healing from what needed to be done.
    I raise a glass to Elvis Dog. My lovely friend.
    I have wept most of the day.
    The CrackBerry Pet Parade.-rip-11-2015.jpg
    Laura Knotek, kbz1960 and moody like this.
    11-14-15 03:03 PM
    He has been my companion for 13 years, but today, my wife, myself and our vet all agreed that there were no more alternatives available to keep him free of pain. He had arthritis in his hind quarters, a tumor that could not be operated on and very few teeth left.
    We have kept him on regular vet visits for 13 years, but today, they had no more solutions.
    This was hard, but it was better to give him relief than to try to nurse him through recovery and healing from what needed to be done.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rip 11-2015.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	380615
    I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved buddy Elvis.
    11-14-15 03:09 PM

So sorry.
    11-14-15 03:15 PM

Waiting for a bite.

11-14-15 03:16 PM
    I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved buddy Elvis.
    Thank you. He was an amazing pal.
    Never unhappy, even though he was in pain nearly all day every day.

Thank you.
    11-14-15 03:29 PM

So sorry.
    Thank you. He leaves a hole, absolutely.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-14-15 03:30 PM

Kelly, my condolences to you and your wife. I know exactly what you are feeling. We had to put our 12 and a half year old Rottweiler down a month ago. It is a very emotional time, still.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    kellyjdrummer likes this.
    11-14-15 03:31 PM
    Kelly, my condolences to you and your wife. I know exactly what you are feeling. We had to put our 12 and a half year old Rottweiler down a month ago. It is a very emotional time, still.

I understand. The love runs deep for our friends. Last year in August, we had to put his adopted step brother down because of a tumor that could not be removed.

We have a Beagle/Basset that was adopted about four years ago left. Milo is the sole owner of the beds and bowls now.
    Britt, our vet, always holds on to our hearts when we visit his hospital with a check up or a sad decision to ask for guidance with. Today was a day of the latter.

We are sending our vet a card that I have designed. This is the copy from inside.

"Thank you so much for your love, understanding and devotion.

I have heard from people who do not own animals, “You’ll just be heartbroken when they go.”
    I try to understand this, but I always end up with,“Is that a bad thing? I don’t see the ‘downside.’”

To have the love of any animal,
    and to know they have no bias about yours,
    is a prize to pursue with no regrets or disappointments.
    It never falls short of being a lesson in friendship and how to love."

Thank you Mr. Abrasive. Animals are animals in name only. They are cherished and honored spirits in life.
    Last edited by kellyjdrummer; 11-21-15 at 02:58 PM.
    kbz1960 and moody like this.
    11-14-15 04:22 PM
    They are family.
    11-14-15 04:30 PM
    They are family.
    They ARE family, and we are THEIR family.
    kbz1960 and misterabrasive like this.
    11-14-15 04:55 PM
    They ARE family, and we are THEIR family.
    Very true. I'm so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kellyjdrummer and kbz1960 like this.
    11-14-15 05:01 PM
    Very true. I'm so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Thank you grover5.
    kbz1960 and grover5 like this.
    11-14-15 05:03 PM
    I understand. The love runs deep for our friends. Last year in August, we had to put his adopted step brother down because of a tumor that could not be removed.

We have a Beagle/Jack Russell that was adopted about four years ago left. Milo is the sole owner of the beds and bowls now.
    Britt, our vet, always holds on to our hearts when we visit his hospital with a check up or a sad decision to ask for guidance with. Today was a day of the latter.

We are sending our vet a card that I have designed. This is the copy from inside.

"Thank you so much for your love, understanding and devotion.

I have heard from people who do not own animals, �You�ll just be heartbroken when they go.�
    I try to understand this, but I always end up with,�Is that a bad thing? I don�t see the �downside.��

To have the love of any animal,
    and to know they have no bias about yours,
    is a prize to pursue with no regrets or disappointments.
    It never falls short of being a lesson in friendship and how to love."

Thank you Mr. Abrasive. Animals are animals in name only. They are cherished and honored spirits in life.
    Wonderful sentiments, Kelly. To try to fill the void, we have adopted 2 Schnauzers from the Schnauzer Rescue program. A male and a female. So far, they are adapting well and our Terrier mix, Peanut, has welcomed them into his world. Even the cat, Axle, has accepted them. That was probably the best part, as the alternative would not have been acceptable. My wife, Laura, has bonded extremely well with them. They are having a tougher time with me. Must be my abrasiveness. Time will tell.

Pete

11-15-15 09:24 AM
    Wonderful sentiments, Kelly. To try to fill the void, we have adopted 2 Schnauzers from the Schnauzer Rescue program. A male and a female. So far, they are adapting well and our Terrier mix, Peanut, has welcomed them into his world. Even the cat, Axle, has accepted them. That was probably the best part, as the alternative would not have been acceptable. My wife, Laura, has bonded extremely well with them. They are having a tougher time with me. Must be my abrasiveness. Time will tell.

Pete

I hope things smooth out for your house.
    I can't imagine not having an animal to love around me.
    misterabrasive and kbz1960 like this.
    11-15-15 10:11 AM
    I hope things smooth out for your house.
    I can't imagine not having an animal to love around me.
    I am confident that everything will work out fine. It's just a learning process for everyone. Thanks.

kellyjdrummer and kbz1960 like this.
    11-15-15 10:22 AM
    Here's most of the menagerie. Some of you may remember the pictures I posted some time ago here of Axle, Marcus and Peanut. Marcus is no longer with us. Here is Peanut with the new additions. Teahia(pronounced Tee-ah)(I don't like the spelling, but, what do I know, LOL) and Roscoe. And Laura of course. Although she's not a new addition.
    The CrackBerry Pet Parade.-img_20151111_173301.jpg

Attachment 380732
    kellyjdrummer, kbz1960 and moody like this.
    11-15-15 01:19 PM
    11-15-15 01:40 PM
    Nice, John. Haven't seen you in a while.

11-15-15 02:22 PM
    Nice, John. Haven't seen you in a while.

Yeah...life has a tendency to get in the way. Buried my mom back in August so it's been rough for a while.
    moody likes this.
    11-15-15 02:55 PM
    Yeah...life has a tendency to get in the way. Buried my mom back in August so it's been rough for a while.
    My sympathies and condolences to you and your family.
    kbz1960 and john_v like this.
    11-15-15 03:12 PM
    Sorry for your loss. My condolences.

kbz1960 and john_v like this.
    11-15-15 04:08 PM
    john_v likes this.
    11-15-15 04:22 PM
    Thanks guys. We knew it was coming. It'll be exactly a year ago the day before Thanksgiving she went on dialysis and had her lower right leg amputated. At that point we knew she didn't have long. At least we had some good moments with her. The hard part now is I'll pick up the phone to text her or call her and realize I can't.
    Steering back to the theme of the thread, she loved German Shepherds and was always asking how Millie was doing. I'd always have to bring pics or video. She spent the last 14 months of her life in skilled nursing care so it would brighten her day.
    11-15-15 04:35 PM
    Chowder passed out with the itis, and Vlad looking at him with disgust. The CrackBerry Pet Parade.-img_20151114_142236.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:45 AM
    The CrackBerry Pet Parade.-imageuploadedbycb-forums1448077739.993699.jpg

It's puppy time. Lol
    11-20-15 09:49 PM
1,655 ... 5455565758 ...