How long do you think it will be before BlackBerry becomes just another subcategory at Android Central and CrackBerry will be no more?

Sad to even think about...
    10-10-15 07:58 AM
    How long do you think it will be before BlackBerry becomes just another subcategory at Android Central and CrackBerry will be no more?

Sad to even think about...
    I don't think so man, as long as BlackBerry still there we're still here as a family

Delivered by my Z30
    Tony Edwards10 and Ecm like this.
    10-10-15 08:36 AM
    Not happening, cb is here to stay, BlackBerry is here to stay, same for BlackBerry 10.

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    Tony Edwards10 likes this.
    10-10-15 10:49 PM
    If the Priv doesn't do well, BlackBerry will stop making phones. If that happens, there will be nothing new to talk about. With that said, the forums will slowly dry up like a river in California.

Sucks to say, but we BlackBerry fans need that android phone to do well. Then hope BlackBerry release another true BlackBerry phone in the future.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 03:25 PM
    Considering some people are still using OS7 in 2015, the forums will live on for years with those who refuse to give up BB10. (Ill probably be one of them). But like anything, CB may become less active as people start jumping ship.
    10-12-15 03:31 PM
    I've been using a Nexus 6 for awhile now and a Nexus 5 briefly before that...but I still love crackberry and post here almost everyday.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kbz1960 and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-12-15 03:51 PM
    I've noticed it's not only BlackBerry users that participate here. The rest are usually Android users.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    Tony Edwards10 likes this.
    10-13-15 10:17 AM
    I've noticed it's not only BlackBerry users that participate here. The rest are usually Android users.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    Likely former BlackBerry smartphone users.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-13-15 10:22 AM
    True, there are old users, new users, andriod users. Everyone comes here to chat. The thing is, they come here to chat about the new BlackBerry whatever, be it, rumors, or new phones. But if BlackBerry stops making phones, there will be no more "news" to talk about. You can only talk about the same old stuff for so long. BlackBerry stops making phones, I give it a year for the site to die.
    10-13-15 11:17 AM
    Assuming the majority lean to the DroidBerry, I'd say probably 3 -> 5 years.

The existing BB10 users need to wind down to PlayBook volumes. And a change in leadership at mobile nations that asks the community if they'd prefer to be wrapped under Android. At that point enough would say yes and sales / visits low enough they'd probably be in their best interest to consolidate.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-13-15 11:26 AM
    We forget that BlackBerry does more than just smartphones. Lol
    10-13-15 11:40 AM
    End is near!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 11:49 AM
    We forget that BlackBerry does more than just smartphones. Lol
    What section of the forums is used for the "other" things BlackBerry does?

KermEd, you're right, if they stop making phones, not only will the forum die, but the shop will die along with it.
    KermEd and eldricho like this.
    10-13-15 11:51 AM
    What section of the forums is used for the "other" things BlackBerry does?

KermEd, you're right, if they stop making phones, not only will the forum die, but the shop will die along with it.
    News and rumours 'BBRY'
    10-13-15 11:54 AM
    True, there are old users, new users, andriod users. Everyone comes here to chat. The thing is, they come here to chat about the new BlackBerry whatever, be it, rumors, or new phones. But if BlackBerry stops making phones, there will be no more "news" to talk about. You can only talk about the same old stuff for so long. BlackBerry stops making phones, I give it a year for the site to die.
    10-13-15 12:04 PM
    Yeah I'd say that summarizes it well...

10-13-15 12:16 PM
    From what I have been reading on BlackBerry news, from crackberry's blogs to inside BlackBerry's blog, they have been transitioning, like it or not, to software and services for a looooon long time now, and device sales used to be a big part of that chunk of revenue, and service revenue from carrier's. It's simply being replaced by Software and Services. Hardware isn't going away, and chen said so too.
    10-13-15 12:29 PM
    Hardware isn't going away, and chen said so too.
    Mmm not necessarily.

He said several times since April 2014, in different interviews, if the hardware doesn't become profitable he's killing it. He's suggested several times that this will be the last run of hardware unless it changes. And he's suggested it needs to raise sales approx 4x previous quarters in order for him to 'keep' the hardware division.

Based on their own sales numbers and statements, I'd say it would be extremely unlikely there will be a handset division this time next year.

10-13-15 01:06 PM
    From the viewpoint of CB, if i may say that , we always welcome everybody from all, and all, brands and more than that. And (continue to) think positive, embrace new ideas, share knowledge, create new opportunities and encourage each other, also to continue, to develop native BlackBerry applications and games. So, no worry, be happy and thankful (sure we do that with our BB-hearts) to the team of CrackBerry!
    10-13-15 01:47 PM
    I don't think so man, as long as BlackBerry still there we're still here as a family

Delivered by my Z30
    Agreed. BlackBerry left us with numerous! BB10 devices so we're good

🐦@tony10_ed  Pin: 2BD2A1FD ‎ Sent via  вιaсĸвεггч Q❿/Z❿
    11-06-15 10:44 PM
    Likely former BlackBerry smartphone users.
    Yep! Me.
    11-06-15 11:39 PM
    As long as I'm here CB will be here.
    11-08-15 10:02 PM
    Maybe in the future, but CB is still so big that it would be hard for us to be a subcategory.

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    12-07-15 10:56 AM
    haha, right end is near
    12-18-15 12:34 AM