Hey Everyone,

With the launch of the PS4 yesterday I thought I would check and see who all in the CB community picked one or who plans to. If you want to share your PSN ID that would be cool too.

I don't want this to become an Xbox One vs PS4 vs Wii U argument.. Please don't troll.

My Info
    I purchased my PS4 on launch day (I had it pre-ordered).
    PSN ID: mrfreeze574 (if you send me a request please state you are from CrackBerry)
    Games: Call of Duty Ghost is the only game I have currently, but am looking to get Battlefield 4 and a few others..

CrackBerry Members with a PS4 (Playstation 4)-img_00000002_hdr.jpg
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-16-13 08:54 PM
    Nice Thread, I have a PS4 on Pre-order but I'm in the UK so our release date is the 29th Nov.

I'll be getting Battlefield 4, not sure yet which other games I'll get.

@mrfreeze574 are you planning to upgrade your HDD?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:00 PM
    Nice Thread, I have a PS4 on Pre-order but I'm in the UK so our release date is the 29th Nov.

I'll be getting Battlefield 4, not sure yet which other games I'll get.

@mrfreeze574 are you planning to upgrade your HDD?

Posted via CB10
    Awesome. Send me an invite or leave your PSN ID on this thread when you get yours.

I'm not planning to upgrade the HDD at this time. I was thinking about it, but decided that I already put enough money down buying the unit.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:17 PM
    Got mine on launch day in Canada, I never had a preorder or anything so it was kinda of crazy that I actually managed to find one. I didn't go all out as of yet though with games or anything because it's actually for my son, I set it up and poked around a bit but I figured I'd let him do the major portion of it all when he comes to my place for Xmas. Can't lie though, it's killing me just having it sit there..
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-17-13 05:44 AM
    Got mine on launch day in Canada, I never had a preorder or anything so it was kinda of crazy that I actually managed to find one. I didn't go all out as of yet though with games or anything because it's actually for my son, I set it up and poked around a bit but I figured I'd let him do the major portion of it all when he comes to my place for Xmas. Can't lie though, it's killing me just having it sit there..
    Same here about not having a pre order. I called WalMart when I woke up on launch day and found out they had 6 so I jumped out of bed, got dressed and drove over. Its an awesome system. I find it a big step up from my ps3 . One thing I dislike though is having to keep my COD Ghosts disc from my ps3 in even though I did the 10 dollars upgrade. And I find it takes forever to install the disc onto the hard drive
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-17-13 07:41 AM
    Not yet, but it's coming. Waiting for the game I need to play to get released. Not sure what that game is yet; could be inFamous: Second Son, could be MGS5, could be something that wasn't announced yet, but I'll know it when I see it and then I'm in. I'm also finally learning my lesson about first gen hardware. Between the "Disc Read Error" on the PS2, the RROD on the 360, the YLOD on PS3, I should have learned long ago. In the meantime, I'm fine with waiting. I'm so far behind on PS3 games, and I'll never get to them because of GTA Online.
    11-17-13 12:16 PM
    Got mine on launch day. I got the games before the console same with controller so that was killing me.

Games I have

Cod ghosts
    Fifa 14
    Resogun
    Contrast
    Warframe

CrackBerry Members with a PS4 (Playstation 4)-img_00000006.jpg

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-18-13 09:32 AM
    Loving cod ghosts on this system. I like the realism of the sun reflection and attention to detail.
    11-18-13 09:46 AM
    Loving cod ghosts on this system. I like the realism of the sun reflection and attention to detail.
    Too bad the shooting and hit detection is still the same.

Posted via CB10
    russmov and mrfreeze like this.
    11-18-13 09:49 AM
    Fianc� is getting me one for Christmas sucks that I have to wait but oh well

Will check back then

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:51 AM
    Too bad the shooting and hit detection is still the same.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I know. Its still pretty great though.
    11-18-13 10:27 AM
    Always a launch day PS buyer.

PSN ID: DoucheVader
    Games: Battlefield 4, Killzone Shadow Fall, Assassins Creed 4, Knack

Think MS will bring Skype to PS4?
    11-20-13 12:19 PM
    Always a launch day PS buyer.

PSN ID: DoucheVader
    Games: Battlefield 4, Killzone Shadow Fall, Assassins Creed 4, Knack

Think MS will bring Skype to PS4?
    First off. Your PSN ID is awesome.

I guess I need to get BF4. How is it compared to BF3?

My guess is that MS isn't working feverishly on bringing Skype, but I wouldn't doubt it. That is a service they can monetize on any platform. I would be about 6 months after launch we may hear something. They will use that as a selling feature to start.

The real question is will BlackBerry bring BlackBerry bridge with BBM video.

That would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    D.Vader likes this.
    11-20-13 12:44 PM
    First off. Your PSN ID is awesome.

I guess I need to get BF4. How is it compared to BF3?

My guess is that MS isn't working feverishly on bringing Skype, but I wouldn't doubt it. That is a service they can monetize on any platform. I would be about 6 months after launch we may hear something. They will use that as a selling feature to start.

The real question is will BlackBerry bring BlackBerry bridge with BBM video.

That would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the PSN name KUDOS. It's never taken LOL

Well they gimped BB Bridge and haven't really addressed it since (unless they have had some major updates).

I kind of thought the point of this thread was to share PSN IDs and maybe play some games with some fellow BlackBerry peeps?

BF4 is great, it plays better than ever 60 frames per second leaves little reasons for the COD die hards to complain. The controls still have meat on them but not as much as BF3 or BFBC2. Similar to BF3, but closer to COD without being twitchy stupid controls (although they do leave lots of head room in the sensitivity this time).

My biggest complaint (beyond the issues) is that DICE didn't add the ability to squad up pre-game and enter matches together. I bet it just didn't work like BF3 was when it launched, so instead of faking the feature they eliminated it but they are hearing lots of flack so I suspect it will be in a patch coming soon.
    11-20-13 06:17 PM
    I'll wait until the right game comes up. Maybe Metal Gear or Kingdom Hearts

I suffered from YLOD in a launch edition and don't wanna risk it again

Enjoy!

Posted via BB10.2.0.1791 running CB10
    11-20-13 07:33 PM
    I'll wait until the right game comes up. Maybe Metal Gear or Kingdom Hearts

I suffered from YLOD in a launch edition and don't wanna risk it again

Enjoy!

Posted via BB10.2.0.1791 running CB10
    Well the PS3 didn't really have any failure rates outside of industry norms. I got the YLOD and went out and bought a new PS3 the same day (was 4-5 years later, lots of use on the old one).

Doesn't matter how long you wait the day 1 systems should have about the same failure rate as the day 1,000 systems as long as they were designed properly. Considering this is Sony's 4th, I trust they will work it out.

The games they have out now are damned good, many of the "transitional generation" games like BF4, COD, AC4, etc. Appear to be have been made more for the next gen from the previous gen. Metal Gear is looking damned good and certainly you likely won't miss out on too much waiting for it.
    11-21-13 03:20 PM
    Besides you can buy a 3 year protection for $50 on PSN. Seems well worth it in my opinion. You can start playing the new system now and if anything goes wrong it will most likely happen within 3 years. Heck after 3 years it will be a lot less expensive to buy a new one too.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:08 PM
    Just checking in to see if there is anymore CB users interested in joining.
    04-24-14 07:48 AM
    late to the tread but got mine on launch day, was kind of surprised when GameStop called me was on the second wave tho , glad they did hahahaa
    anyone wanna add me PSN ID neg0shEAte
    05-04-14 08:37 AM
    PSN: iskhazy

Games: NFSMW

That's all so far, other than black light retribution beta, may buy c.o.d this week

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 08:54 AM
    I work part time at Targ�t, pre-ordered and got mine on launch day. Always snag games when they're buy two get one free.

I'm currently obsessed with 2K14.

WILDchild1122 on PSN. Add me if you want to.

Posted via a flick of my thumb
    mrfreeze likes this.
    05-08-14 04:59 PM
    It's been a while since I bumped this thread.

Any new member or games that you are playing? Destiny, COD Advanced Warfare, GTA 5, NBA 2K15, etc..
    11-19-14 08:19 AM
    How do you load games (downloaded) on PS3?

Sentt frrom myy BlaackBerrryy Q10 on Globe-Telecom | OS 10.3.1.1151 via SIC Wipe n Load
    11-19-14 08:20 AM
    How do you load games (downloaded) on PS3?

Sentt frrom myy BlaackBerrryy Q10 on Globe-Telecom | OS 10.3.1.1151 via SIC Wipe n Load
    Not sure what you are asking?

If you are asking will a PS3 game work on the PS4, then the answer is no.
    11-19-14 09:37 AM
    Just seen this thread.

ID: MC_A_DOT

Games:
    Fifa 15
    Destiny
    Watch Dogs
    TLOU remastered
    BF4

+ All the free PS+ games
    Blacklight retribution
    Dead Nation
    Spelunky
    Strider
    Pix the cat
    Dont starve
    P.T
    Road not taken
    Entwined
    Stick it to the man
    Sports friends
    Mercenary kings
    FEZ
    Towerfall ascension
    DC Universe
    Contrast
    Warframe

Getting Middle earth shadow of Mordor this weekend and probably picking up GTA after I'm done with that.
    Last edited by MC_A_DOT; 11-20-14 at 02:54 AM.
    11-19-14 10:02 AM
38 12