My favorite part of the second amendment is the bit about the organized militia. That and it was made when people had muskets.
    01-24-13 10:45 PM
    Wow. I truly have no words for how insane that reads to a non American.

I question the logic of a society that puts the right to bear arms over the right to universal health care. I also have a problem when Americans try to bring them to my country. The stories I've heard from border patrol working relatives makes my stomach sick. Living between two US/Canada bridges makes for some terrifying stories.

And that's all I will say because if I really say what I think of the gun culture and the nra my *** will be banned.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    I can agree with a lot of what you have said. Universal health care is something that I would very much like to have. I have a concealed carry license. Would I dare cross a national border without the proper permits? No. (Maybe Mexico but that place is scary.)

I don't believe every American should be able to buy any gun they want. I do however believe that if they wish to LEGALLY purchase a weapon they should be properly licensed and checked up on. If they fail to renew their license the there is a 10 day grace period after which it becomes illegal for them to own the weapon.

I would love to visit Canada and maybe even live there for a few years. (I hear the majority of Canadians are pretty nice people.) But I would never dream of bringing my concealed weapon (even in a box) to another country without the proper paperwork and permission for that country's gov't.
    01-24-13 10:48 PM
    I believe in all of the Bill of Rights, almost none of the amendments that followed, and that nothing in the US Constitution applies to member's posts on CrackBerry.

Please keep this discussion respectful and on topic. I'd prefer not close it, like all it's predecessors.
    Captian4Phones likes this.
    01-24-13 11:05 PM
    If you believe America is about the individual and not the society then you buy the fiction and ignore the reality. Case in point...the red states, the anti government and anti welfare states collect more in federal funds than they pay in taxes. The blue states are the opposite. The red states want to be armed to the teeth to protect them from the very government that protects them from their own inability to support themselves. Long live the right wing lie of individualism.
    Then tell me why several of these 'red' states have made it clear they won't enforce a) 0bamacare b) any new gun legislation? So much for the left wing lie of collectivism!

My favorite part of the second amendment is the bit about the organized militia.
    What would you define as the organized militia? The National Guard?

That and it was made when people had muskets.
    Oh please, muskets were what the 'people' had, the exact same thing the 'military' had. Also again, by your *incorrect* interpretation of the 2A, we wouldn't be able to use the internet to express free speech.
    01-24-13 11:23 PM
    Whelp. I tried.

/unsubscribe
    01-25-13 12:06 AM
    what the **** is this bull**** with people thinking guns is an American only issue. Guns are EVERYWHERE, and rightly so. They are tools and toys and sporting goods in most modern countries on earth. The second amendment is an. American issue, butnot guns. I am Canadian and I love shooting. I rarely hunt, but I and literally millions of Canadians like me own guns that will never kill any living thing. We are stuck with laws passed by brain-dead knee **** liberal politicians that say we may never fire our black plastic guns anywhere but on approved ranges. Why? Because the black plastic makes liberals pee their pants in fear for some reason. I could say a lot more, but there's not really any point. You just can't fix stupid.
    With that kind of control you just displayed, I'm relieved you can't die them except on ranges. Yes. It's do crazy to fear something whose sole purpose is to kill. Crazy, I tell you.

I actually don't care about licensed guns, I do believe in the registry. However there is no reason for assault weapons that fire dozens of round per minute being available to the general public. Those should be banned. The right wing slippery slope argument is silly. Tell the families of Columbine, Sandy Hook, and any of the other dozens of mass shootings that assault weapons are a-Ok. And no, saying that if someone else had a gun it would have stopped it is not an argument. It's offensive.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-25-13 12:37 AM
    With that kind of control you just displayed, I'm relieved you can't die them except on ranges. Yes. It's do crazy to fear something whose sole purpose is to kill. Crazy, I tell you.

I actually don't care about licensed guns, I do believe in the registry. However there is no reason for assault weapons that fire dozens of round per minute being available to the general public. Those should be banned. The right wing slippery slope argument is silly.
    Firearms/2A isn't about right wing vs left wing and please lets try not go there. In relation to your claim the slippery slope argument is silly, the very same guns that are now going to be banned in NY via Cuomo's rammed through legislation will ban the very same firearm that the Supreme Court already ruled unconstitutional to ban in Heller v DC. I'm sorry, your wishes aren't congruent with established case law which law abiding citizens are bound to adhere to. It also fails the common use precedent as well. Following suit with the common use precedent, the AR15 rifle is the most commonly sold and owned rifle in America.

Tell the families of Columbine, Sandy Hook, and any of the other dozens of mass shootings that assault weapons are a-Ok. And no, saying that if someone else had a gun it would have stopped it is not an argument. It's offensive.
    Next, you state "...if someone else had a gun it would have stopped it..." then tell me why you call the police? They show up with the very same tools you seek to eliminate.

Fact is there are three instances when these tragedies stop: 1) someone else shows up with a gun 2) they run out of ammunition 3) they commit suicide.

Last, what is an assault weapon, can you please define what an assault weapon is?

If someone commits a heinous crime by using a knife to kill or wound innocent lives, isn't the knife now an assault weapon? If someone commits a heinous crime by using a bat to kill or wound innocent lives, isn't the bat now an assault weapon?
    Last edited by mrrsquared79; 01-25-13 at 01:41 AM.
    01-25-13 12:53 AM
    Firearms/2A isn't about right wing vs left wing and please lets try not go there. In relation to your claim the slippery slope argument is silly, the very same guns that are now going to be banned in NY via Cuomo's rammed through legislation will ban the very same firearm that the Supreme Court already ruled unconstitutional to ban in Heller v DC. I'm sorry, your wishes aren't congruent with established case law which law abiding citizens are bound to adhere to. It also fails the common use precedent as well. Following suit with the common use precedent, the AR15 rifle is the most commonly sold and owned rifle in America.

Next, you state "...if someone else had a gun it would have stopped it..." then tell me why you call the police? They show up with the very same tools you seek to eliminate.

Fact is there are three instances when these tragedies stop: 1) someone else shows up with a gun 2) they run out of ammunition 3) they commit suicide.

Last, what is an assault weapon, can you please define what an assault weapon is?

If someone commits a heinous crime by using a knife to kill or wound innocent lives, isn't the knife now an assault weapon? If someone commits a heinous crime by using a bat to kill or wound innocent lives, isn't the bat now an assault weapon?
    This isn't the board for it, but the fact that you are logically comparing an AR 15 to a knife or a bat is, honestly, PROPAGANDA. When a person can be stabbed or hit with a bat from metres away from the assailant or further, and dozens and dozens of times a minute, we can talk. Good lord.

I want the police to have guns. I don't want Cletus the slack jawed yokel to have guns. It's the job of the police. You want to carry around firepower everywhere? I suggest you join the department.

And the fact that you think that the ar15 is the most widely sold weapon in America is a good thing? :banghead:

I'm out of this thread. Common sense and reason can't exist alongside people who regurgitate Nra talking points.
    And don't bother replying because your signature about rape has put you on my ignore list. That is downright offensive.

01-25-13 10:12 AM
    I want the police to have guns.
    I don't. It would be catastrophic.

Amazing how different different countries are isn't it? Just like I really couldn't give a stuff about the 2nd amendment in the US on an international forum...
    01-25-13 10:22 AM
    I don't. It would be catastrophic.

Amazing how different different countries are isn't it? Just like I really couldn't give a stuff about the 2nd amendment in the US on an international forum...
    I'm not American. However you took that out of context. If it's between the police having guns (whose job it is to enforce the law) and Bubba walking down the street armed and ready to play police officer because the second amendment says he can (which was the insinuation I was responding to - why call the police when you can have a gun and potentially make things worse yourself! Stop school shootings, arm all teachers!), I'm team police.

Now I'm out because that signature infuriated me. Like, I'm actually grinding teeth.

01-25-13 10:31 AM
    I'm not American. However you took that out of context. If it's between the police having guns (whose job it is to enforce the law) and Bubba walking down the street armed and ready to play police officer because the second amendment says he can (which was the insinuation I was responding to - why call the police when you can have a gun and potentially make things worse yourself! Stop school shootings, arm all teachers!), I'm team police.

Now I'm out because that signature infuriated me. Like, I'm actually grinding teeth.

No not at all - it wasn't meant as a dig at you, more at the whole thread. Apologies if it came across that way.
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-25-13 10:35 AM
    No not at all - it wasn't meant as a dig at you, more at the whole thread. Apologies if it came across that way.
    No worries.

01-25-13 10:38 AM
    This isn't the board for it, but the fact that you are logically comparing an AR 15 to a knife or a bat is, honestly, PROPAGANDA. When a person can be stabbed or hit with a bat from metres away from the assailant or further, and dozens and dozens of times a minute, we can talk. Good lord.
    I'm sorry you don't like that, nothing I can do to get you to see the light of day. Call it what you want, in each case I have demonstrated, the bat and the knife are both 'assault weapons' because of the what the person did, not in and of itself.

I want the police to have guns. I don't want Cletus the slack jawed yokel to have guns. It's the job of the police. You want to carry around firepower everywhere? I suggest you join the department.
    History shows us what happens when only the police have guns, they even made movies about it. One very good movie I can think of off the top of my head, I believe it was called Schindler's List. Since you brought it up, I can't join the military or the police. Why would you suggest I the department when you appear to think I would be some slack jawed yokel having a gun. Isn't that what you don't want.

And the fact that you think that the ar15 is the most widely sold weapon in America is a good thing? :banghead:
    It is, you can't always ignore things and facts that you don't like. It is a fact i think that the AR15 is the most widely sold and owned rifle in America, because it is true.

I'm out of this thread. Common sense and reason can't exist alongside people who regurgitate Nra talking points.
    And don't bother replying because your signature about rape has put you on my ignore list. That is downright offensive.

There's nothing offensive about anything I have said nor my signature, what is offensive is that by your own admission in regards to my signature, you would prefer a dead woman raped and strangled with her own panty hose. That is mighty nice of you, I wouldn't even wish that for you. I would rather she be alive and defended herself. People that ignore the simple way things work in reality learn the hard way, unfortunately. I realize this but I do what I can to show people the error in their thinking.

You just don't like it and now have become so wound up emotionally to have a rational discussion so you ignore. That's what happens when people have cognitive dissonance.
    01-25-13 11:39 AM
    I'm sorry you don't like that, nothing I can do to get you to see the light of day. Call it what you want, in each case I have demonstrated, the bat and the knife are both 'assault weapons' because of the what the person did, not in and of itself.

History shows us what happens when only the police have guns, they even made movies about it. One very good movie I can think of off the top of my head, I believe it was called Schindler's List. Since you brought it up, I can't join the military or the police. Why would you suggest I the department when you appear to think I would be some slack jawed yokel having a gun. Isn't that what you don't want.

It is, you can't always ignore things and facts that you don't like. It is a fact i think that the AR15 is the most widely sold and owned rifle in America, because it is true.

There's nothing offensive about anything I have said nor my signature, what is offensive is that by your own admission in regards to my signature, you would prefer a dead woman raped and strangled with her own panty hose. That is mighty nice of you, I wouldn't even wish that for you. I would rather she be alive and defended herself. People that ignore the simple way things work in reality learn the hard way, unfortunately. I realize this but I do what I can to show people the error in their thinking.

You just don't like it and now have become so wound up emotionally to have a rational discussion so you ignore. That's what happens when people have cognitive dissonance.
    No I questioned the fact that you think it's a good thing that so many ar15 have been sold.

As far as your sig.

I'm a woman. I've never been raped. My best friend was, as knife point. She is still the most anti gun person to this day. I do not appreciate as a woman you using rape to further your little agenda. It's appalling. It's sick. It's to be expected from someone so into the gun lobby that they don't understand why a woman would be offended by that. And don't you EVER try to twist it around that I somehow want women raped, ever again.

And I really wish CB would fix the ignore function.

Banco and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-25-13 12:25 PM
    And this OP is why you don't find these discussions here.
    01-25-13 12:35 PM
40 12