I'm writing a feature on BB addicts and have asked people to give up their BBs for 1 week and keep a diary of the week- the highs and the lows.

They can still have a mobile and text/call and access emails and web at home or work, but not via their BBs.

Is it really such a big ask?
    10-14-09 09:05 AM
    It becomes a lot when you are consistantly on the go.

Am I going to die without my blackberry for a week, of course not. However, the goal is to work smarter and having the ability to do work related items on my phone definitely helps out when I'm waiting for a plane, in between meetings etc.

In a nutshell, it's instance access without having to pull out my laptop, turn it on, wait for it to boot, sign in and do what I need to do.
    10-14-09 03:40 PM
    Sorry, did it once when traveling. Did not enjoy it and would definately not do it again if I didn't have to!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 03:47 PM
    Seeing as I'm a full-time student swamped with schoolwork and a part-time job, a Blackberry isn't really a necessity for me; it's just a really fun thing to have and play around with to pass the time when I'm away from home. So I could easily live without it for a week or two.

Although f I were some sort of hotshot business mogul, always traveling and always on the go, then we'd have some problems.
    10-14-09 10:36 PM
    if gave up my blackberry for a week, that would mean i couldnt work for a week, so no thanks
    10-14-09 10:39 PM
    It would be really frustrating for me. After using it so often, and for random look-ups and little stuff, I know I would find myself thinking "Oh I'll look that up on my BlackBerry..." and then not have it. I can probably do without the e-mails, I have before, but not being able to look up tidbits of information when I have a brain block or w/e would be really annoying.
    10-14-09 10:43 PM
    No way I could! I need my bb and it needs me. I remember when I dropped mine and it wouldn't turn on. Let me tell you, I didn't go to work. Instead I went straight to us cellular and got it replaced. The downtime was just soo painful!

10-14-09 11:33 PM
    There's an 80% chance I could do it. For instance while on vacation from work, I actually didn't touch my berry for 5 days! But, on the sixth day my will power ran out. So I could do it IF I wanted to but NOT!!

10-15-09 06:34 PM
    I would do it but I can't - I need to constantly be in touch with people.
    10-17-09 01:15 PM
    What did you do before you had your Blackberry?

Also, do you partners/kids/friends etc ever get sick of the sight of your BBs?
    10-20-09 09:57 AM
    The short answer for me would be that I could do it, but I wouldn't like it. Neither would my family as they expect me to be available in an emergency. My 'berry is the best way to do this and still be mobile enough to meet my other obligations.

To be fair, I got along with just a regular cell phone for a while, but having an "external brain," i.e. PDA functions, is just something that makes me breathe a little easier knowing I don't have to write myself a bunch of sticky notes every time I have a new appointment (and having lots of gadgets hanging off my belt is not so nice).

Not to mention the fact that I don't have to lug a heavy laptop around with me everywhere. That's what I did before I got my 'berry, and it was less than fun.
    10-20-09 10:16 AM
    If I didn't have my bb I think I would go crazy.. If I wasn't interduced to my bb it wouldent be such a problem..but ever since I have became best friends wit her that's right her, were uncepreable.. What would I do if I got lost out in the middle of no were... Would my mind find me back.. Mabey if I had enuff money to pay for all the gas.. Even if the gass prices are outrages as they are ... Prob.. Not huu.. Simpley said I need her and she need me I shall never neglect her...

10-20-09 10:46 AM
    I'm writing a feature on BB addicts and have asked people to give up their BBs for 1 week and keep a diary of the week- the highs and the lows.
    $5000 and it goes into a locked box where no one else can touch it and you've got a deal.
    10-20-09 05:56 PM
    I got all anxious and nervous at a stop light last week when I didn't have my BB. That was 2 minutes. I can't imagine a week.
    10-20-09 06:00 PM
    Nope, I can't do it. I am always on the go and I do most of my business via email so need my access. Sorry! Two things that I will never give up is my BB and sex!! LOL, I'll start a war before doing that, LOL
    10-20-09 06:07 PM
    I couldn't even do it for 2 hrs .. How am I possibly be able to let my berry go for A WEEK!

10-21-09 04:59 AM
    Of course I could do without it. It doesn't make my life; it only makes my life easier.

10-21-09 05:03 AM
    I could, but why would I want to? I use wordpress to update my website Apcovat.org-Americans Promoting Change One Voice at a Time! I also need to have pacman and dopewars for when its slow at work. And of course, cruising on cb. I have my email on my phone, so I'd have to change around my email for a week. Too much hassle.

10-21-09 05:40 AM
    the people at work think i am addicted i am always playin with my phone no i couldnt give it up for an hour let a week!
    10-21-09 06:32 AM
    A week? Sure, if I was locked in a bunker with only my MacBook and some crappy cell. On my own, I can't promise anything.
    10-21-09 08:04 AM
    So it is the ability to check your emails and always be online that makes the Blackberry so useful.

What would you do if it was accidentally flushed down the toilet?
    10-22-09 07:31 AM
    I could give it up and survive for a while, but id need it back sooner or later lol
    10-22-09 07:42 AM
    A whole WEEK? I had to go without it for 14 hours at work and I thought I was going to die...
    10-22-09 02:23 PM
    Also, do you partners/kids/friends etc ever get sick of the sight of your BBs?
    haha they use it almost as much as I do. I find myself having to wait in line at my own house for a chance to play more brickbreaker on my own BB.
    10-22-09 02:27 PM
    Are you more obsessed with checking your emails or mainly using the internet on your BB?
    10-24-09 04:44 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD