I feel bad about undue vigilante behavior in reaction to what I truly feel is corporate interference, and collateral damage to innocent posters. . While there is 100 percent certainty corporate activity occurs to some extent, it does NOT mean that anyone objectively pointing out valid shortcomings or comparing to other tablets is a professional troll .

I have said it before - I advise people if they are suspicious, to review post history before jumping to conclusions, if they are newbies give them a chance to establish a post history before jumping down their throat. Do not engage them, insult them or harass them, report your suspicions, ignore them and continue out posting them with love for the device you love and share your enthusiasm and positivity.

Remember if they are professionals, they will want to enrage you to get you banned, or get threads closed, or keep them at the top of the list and highly visible with post counts etc. - the objective is to squelch enthusiasm and chase enthusiasts away from the forum, keep the threads visible in search engines with negativity and fighting or to keep the threads they created at the top of the list and highly visible and they have done that very well.

If the entire post history is bashing and subtle highlighting of the things people complain about regarding the playbook, constant evangelism of other tablets, I would say there is a good chance they are here for subversive reasons but not necessarily - it could be a personal axe to grind - report it and respect the mod's judgement and ability to perceive the difference between a sincere poster and one that is here for other reasons. They know what they are doing, they have been doing it a lot.

My apologies to anyone who has suffered collateral damage and to the mods..who we all owe a debt of gratitude for the voluntary and extremely objective and fair, difficult thankless job that they do for us.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-28-11 at 02:18 PM.
    11-28-11 01:55 PM
    IF they have a SINGLE Post, DO NOT treat them like Trolls

Do you BEST to answer their questions, and show ALL of the positive things and alternative solutions that the PlayBook has to offer.

By posting 30 messages calling someone a troll you are worse than the troll for the community!

If they bicker and nitpick your WELL THOUGHT OUT reply to their seemingly bashing thread, then report them, but some newbies here will hate their playbook, they came from Apple, or Android, and don't understand our love, let's show them without bashing them

I too once was a RIM hater! I came to crackberry to find reasons to get my company to NOT force me to use a Blackberry and let me keep my WinMo.
    Some of these haters can be turned into fans if you give them all the right answers
    11-28-11 02:01 PM
    Well I will say this. You did go on about PROFESSIONAL FORUM members that get paid to post negative comments about products. I will say you have been here 6 Months and have over 3000 posts by my math thats about 500 a month. Are you a pro? Do you get paid to be here?

I have seen active members but man every time I log on there you are on top of the numbers of posts..
    11-28-11 02:01 PM
    It feels like you make a lot of these apologies. Perhaps let the Mods do their work and you stick to the point of the discussion in the future. Getting threads closed doesn't help anyone.
    John Yester likes this.
    11-28-11 02:02 PM
    It feels like you make a lot of these apologies. Perhaps let the Mods do their work and you stick to the point of the discussion in the future. Getting threads closed doesn't help anyone.
    First apology. Lets be accurate. I have no intention nor have I acted to intentionally get threads closed.

Well I will say this. You did go on about PROFESSIONAL FORUM members that get paid to post negative comments about products. I will say you have been here 6 Months and have over 3000 posts by my math thats about 500 a month. Are you a pro? Do you get paid to be here?

I have seen active members but man every time I log on there you are on top of the numbers of posts..
    Think what you will - doesn't matter to me and it is irrelevant.
    I love my playbook paid to do it or not, I would love it regardless. But for the record, I'm not. Like all of you I would like to see more apps and I want it to succeed - yes I get over zealous but hating on playbook is not the way to achieve that goal- quite the opposite.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-28-11 at 02:13 PM.
    11-28-11 02:07 PM
    The PB is generating a lot more activity and the mod staff has apparently been stretched thin. The solution? Add more mods. I hereby volunteer for mod duty.
    11-28-11 02:07 PM
    Be careful what you wish for.......^^^^^^^^^^
    11-28-11 02:08 PM
    The Mods are doing their job, I for one feel we need more mods out here... and maybe Blackjack can be one with the time he spends here at CB, and his post counts, along with informative threads for PB users.......

You are getting down to personal attacks on Blackjack...... no surprise here, you are an Apple fan boy (at least your profile says so), I wonder why you are in our PB forums.

I smell another troll thread and flaming on its way.
    11-28-11 02:08 PM
    Good lord..what does a smile face mean?.......not trolling but actually now that you say something. I would like HIS response......
    11-28-11 02:10 PM
    Don't make me be sorry I apologized. I would LOVE to be a mod trust me and a lot of you might regret it.
    11-28-11 02:11 PM
    Be careful what you wish for.......^^^^^^^^^^
    I used to do a little hockey reffing. How tough could modding be?
    11-28-11 02:12 PM
    You are getting down to personal attacks on Blackjack...... no surprise here, you are an Apple fan boy (at least your profile says so), I wonder why you are in our PB forums.

I smell another troll thread and flaming on its way.
    Naturally, I'm a troll.......

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ctions-513408/

138,542 VIEWS, 528 REPLIES

Truth is, I've used and dissected blackberries for 7 years, however a recent customer-no-support nightmare caused me to switch to a company that offers direct and FREE support. Not $40 a pop support that goes nowhere.

I still hope RIM pulls themselves out from the mess they're in.

BTW, BlackJack knows that I like him, I've said it often enough. I'm sure he wasn't offended by what I said, and hopefully you won't be either.
    11-28-11 02:21 PM
    I used to do a little hockey reffing. How tough could modding be?
    I think I'd rather be a linesman in AAA.
    11-28-11 02:21 PM
    Hey, play nice boys.

Give out a grunt or two in your pillows. it'll help release some of that...whaddya call it?
    11-28-11 02:33 PM
    I would LOVE to be a mod trust me and a lot of you might regret it.
    I'd have never guessed... and I'm sure we would
    11-28-11 02:39 PM
    How about less posts like this and conspiracy theories and more posts helping people who ask questions?
    howarmat and pcgizmo#IM like this.
    11-28-11 02:45 PM
    I'm afraid that if 93117 became a mod, we wouldn't see many posts from him anymore.
    11-28-11 02:45 PM
    One can easily tell when they are taking an online forum a bit too seriously by starting a new thread that is not about RIM but about yourself.

No offense but nobody comes here to learn about you. We want to talk about RIM, it's devices and the company future.

Just sayin.
    11-28-11 02:52 PM
    I'm afraid that if 93117 became a mod, we wouldn't see many posts from him anymore.
    you're kidding... right?
    11-28-11 02:52 PM
    One can easily tell when they are taking an online forum a bit too seriously by starting a new thread that is not about RIM but about yourself.

No offense but nobody comes here to learn about you. We want to talk about RIM, it's devices and the company future.

Just sayin.
    Agreed. Move this to Off Topic. Someone needs a break.
    11-28-11 02:54 PM
    How about less posts like this and conspiracy theories and more posts helping people who ask questions?
    +1. 10 characters
    11-28-11 02:55 PM
    Really? Is this Apology Monday? 2nd unwarranted/unwanted one today? Thought thats what twitter was for, so ppl could follow YOU. Lets delete this one and save future readers some misery.
    11-28-11 03:03 PM
    you're kidding... right?

Well.. think about it... how many times do mods post? Not as many as before they were mods.. right?

I personally would miss his postings.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 11-28-11 at 03:31 PM.
    11-28-11 03:03 PM
    The only thing worse than a thread like this is a thread where someone feels the need to announce their departure instead of just stop posting.
    11-28-11 03:07 PM
    That's true. When you're a mod you post way less, have to appear fair and unbiased. Have to be professional and fair too. So, BJ for mod!
    11-28-11 03:09 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD