Hey,
    Is there an app to allow multiple alarms?
    11-28-11 03:10 PM
    Really? Is this Apology Monday? 2nd unwarranted/unwanted one today? Thought thats what twitter was for, so ppl could follow YOU. Lets delete this one and save future readers some misery.
    Not singling out you here, but this post mirrors the others..

How bout a little fellowship for Blackjack, he is such a sweet, sincere, guy.

How bout showin a little love for such and integral part of your community?

This OP is who he is, and its all good
    !
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-28-11 03:12 PM
    You hold hands around the campfire .. I'll stick to reading the forums .. I didnt come here for sweet, sincere, or fellowship really. No offense
    patpatiar likes this.
    11-28-11 03:16 PM
    Apologies accepted, when my possitive posts in response to a trollish Op were deleted (collateral damage that would erase more than 70 % of the posts in this forum) I was about to quit posting. It is refreshing you my friend blackjack be offering to smoke the peace pipe, this is a gentleness I must answer in the same manner and will keep contributing... was a little sad not signing with the regular frequency this week end...
    11-28-11 03:21 PM
    The fellowship belongs in off-topic.
    kolonji likes this.
    11-28-11 03:23 PM
    Naturally, I'm a troll.......

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ctions-513408/

138,542 VIEWS, 528 REPLIES

Truth is, I've used and dissected blackberries for 7 years, however a recent customer-no-support nightmare caused me to switch to a company that offers direct and FREE support. Not $40 a pop support that goes nowhere.

I still hope RIM pulls themselves out from the mess they're in.

BTW, BlackJack knows that I like him, I've said it often enough. I'm sure he wasn't offended by what I said, and hopefully you won't be either.
    All that I am saying is that when you don't own the device (PB) this discussion forum is dedicated to, it makes you look like you are trolling-- thats the simplest version.

I am going by what your profile says, and how you post. I don't know the history between you and Blackjack, at face-value I thought your comment was uncalled for and thus I posted my response as I saw right.
    11-28-11 03:25 PM
    Apology has been made - if you don't like the thread just let it sink - same applies to all threads/posts you don't like. No intention to keep this fired up all day, or week, turning it into another week long flame thread or making anything about myself, just taking responsibility and manning up. Continued hate and bashing is not necessary - to those who are being nice, thank you, you are good people.
    modine likes this.
    11-28-11 03:53 PM
    All that I am saying is that when you don't own the device (PB) this discussion forum is dedicated to, it makes you look like you are trolling-- thats the simplest version.

I am going by what your profile says, and how you post. I don't know the history between you and Blackjack, at face-value I thought your comment was uncalled for and thus I posted my response as I saw right.
    Cut it out. At least Blackjack had the courage to hold up his hand and admit he stepped over the line. Don't spoil the effect.
    rleo25 likes this.
    11-28-11 04:12 PM
    I am kind of new to posting on CB, but I've been reading the PB forum since I bought my 32gb last spring. I've read quite a few of blackjack's post and have found him to be reasoned and fair in his post. In fact, some of them have been very helpful to me. For this, I say thank you.

That being said, I have also observed something else. There seems to be three types of negative nellies. 1. The obvious troll, 2. The subtle troll, and 3. Those who just enjoy being rude. If you post about a serious problem or are disappointed about something RIM has done, it doesn't mean you fall into any of these categories. However, the words you use often gives you away.

I like my BB stuff and CB has been very helpfull and informative for me. I think it would be even better without all the hate, but hey, that's just me.
    11-28-11 05:04 PM
    I feel bad about undue vigilante behavior in reaction to what I truly feel is corporate interference, and collateral damage to innocent posters. . While there is 100 percent certainty corporate activity occurs to some extent, it does NOT mean that anyone objectively pointing out valid shortcomings or comparing to other tablets is a professional troll .

I have said it before - I advise people if they are suspicious, to review post history before jumping to conclusions, if they are newbies give them a chance to establish a post history before jumping down their throat. Do not engage them, insult them or harass them, report your suspicions, ignore them and continue out posting them with love for the device you love and share your enthusiasm and positivity.

Remember if they are professionals, they will want to enrage you to get you banned, or get threads closed, or keep them at the top of the list and highly visible with post counts etc. - the objective is to squelch enthusiasm and chase enthusiasts away from the forum, keep the threads visible in search engines with negativity and fighting or to keep the threads they created at the top of the list and highly visible and they have done that very well.

If the entire post history is bashing and subtle highlighting of the things people complain about regarding the playbook, constant evangelism of other tablets, I would say there is a good chance they are here for subversive reasons but not necessarily - it could be a personal axe to grind - report it and respect the mod's judgement and ability to perceive the difference between a sincere poster and one that is here for other reasons. They know what they are doing, they have been doing it a lot.

My apologies to anyone who has suffered collateral damage and to the mods..who we all owe a debt of gratitude for the voluntary and extremely objective and fair, difficult thankless job that they do for us.
    Well done, well said.

I applaud your candor, your commitment, and your courage.
    11-28-11 05:40 PM
    OP - you, sir, are a class act. I applaud your integrity.
    11-28-11 05:45 PM
    I for one enjoy blackjack's posts and it's great to see him stand up and apologize.

It wasn't that long ago when these forums were overly saturated with negative threads and posts. The forums became a depressing place for blackberry fans. Positive and enthusiastic posts from forum members like Blackjack have been a breath of fresh air around here. The forum moderators have done a great job trimming out the troll fat. A big thumbs up to all you guys. I am sorry I did not participate more in the forums to help turn things around. Maybe I need to create a public apology thread too?

Heavily discounted playbooks are moving fast (great move by RIM), OS2 is just around the corner, BBx phone looks promising, my current bold 9900 kicks ***... and to think I will be able to use that godly keyboard as an input device for the PB blows my mind. The point is there a lot to be excited about as a BB fan... and I'm glad the posts on the forums are finally reflecting that. 2012 is a crucial year for Blackberry - it will make or break them.
    bpdude and rleo25 like this.
    11-28-11 06:00 PM
    I volunteer to be a mod as well.... LOL
    11-28-11 06:03 PM
    Apology accepted, but just so that we're clear, it was that jezebel from Boca that made me do it; it was that she-devil that got me in hot water with the mods. My rep was crystal and pure until I got sucked in by that run away freight train of a thread.
    11-28-11 06:04 PM
    I don't care what drum anyone beats, regardless of which side your on. Just don't beat the same drum day in and day out. Just about everyone makes valid points just don't keep making the same point. It runs the good posters away and leaves the bad to run amok, hijacking every thread with the same old tired stuff. I thank bj for posting this and I'm glad xandermac is still here as I enjoy his posts whether I agree or not. P>S I am not directing this at bj.
    Last edited by bpdude; 11-28-11 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Fairness
    11-28-11 06:08 PM
    Nah... Blackjack is cool with me. I think the forum is a better place with him around. I also like a poster that thinks on his feet, and Blackjack epitomizes that.

We get a bit carried away now and then, but I respect BJack. As I have said before, he is WAY smarter than some of us give him credit for...
    alnamvet68, bpdude and jafobabe like this.
    11-28-11 06:13 PM
    I don't care what drum anyone beats, regardless of which side your on. Just don't beat the same drum day in and day out. Just about everyone makes valid points just don't keep making the same point. It runs the good posters away and leaves the bad to run amok, hijacking every thread with the same old tired stuff. I thank bj for posting this and I'm glad xandermac is still here as I enjoy his posts whether I agree or not. P>S I am not directing this at bj.

^^^ what he says +1000000

I'd thank each of you but my thanks button is gone guess I use it too much lol - anyway I didn't want a whole thread about me, positive or negative, but bpdudes comment mirrors my feelings exactly- for some reason the threads tend to become about me instead of the topic - I guess I am that hated by some, but its to be expected whenever you stand up for anything you will have friends and you will have enemies- goes with the territory.

I get so annoyed by exactly what bpdude says that I get out of control admittedly. I do also get a lot of encouragement from posters who feel as I do so I keep ramping it up until I've gone past the redline.

I for one refused to be intimidated and discouraged and just leave as others have chosen to but we have lost some good people because of all of it.

Let's keep this a friendly positive place where people can openly share their objective views, tips comments enthusiasm or even disappointments. Those with an agenda and a mind numbing repetition of the same points day in and day out - ramp it down and I will do the same.

Deal? where is Rodney King when you need him? I just want everyone to get along and enjoy their playbooks. Its amazing to think that we tend to choose our friends based on which device they prefer. I try not to do that - its' more the attitude that makes it or breaks it for me .

I appreciate the support and kind words.
    11-28-11 07:07 PM
    Um. . . sorry. I'm sure this is very sincere, but I for one cannot accept your apology.

Here's why. . .

"Say, I purchased the Playbook on day 1 and I've been a loyal Blackberry owner since Noah walked the earth, but now I'm trying to decide if I should stay or go. I'm so frustrated and I've just about had it. However, even though I have these strong feelings that should be providing obvious direction about what I need to do, I'm so dysfunctional that I can't think for myself, nor can I figure out how to use the search function to find similar regurgitations posted here on a weekly basis, so I need to put up yet another post asking for someone else to decide for me. And even though I know my post will provide every troll on the site another opportunity to repeat their time-worn mantras, I personally am sincere. And BTW, I know I only have like 4 posts on the most prolific Blackberry forum on the internet while claiming to be a long-term RIM loyalist, but I can assure you that I am not a troll because, you see, I've seen that word in a sticky at the top of the forum, so declaring that fact proves that I am a merely a naive and innocent poster."
    True, the above is a bit of a hyperbole, but it's built from a collection of actual posts as seen in these forums on a routine basis.

Next thing I'm looking for after any variation of the above is a post from people like you or Shootscores setting the young lads pants ablaze.

Apologies from you? No. More like THANKS from us!
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-28-11 07:18 PM
    Apology accepted, but just so that we're clear, it was that jezebel from Boca that made me do it; it was that she-devil that got me in hot water with the mods. My rep was crystal and pure until I got sucked in by that run away freight train of a thread.
    Theres no fun to be had in treating woman this way. there is nothing crystal and pure within this person. this is disgusting.

And blackjack, you gave thumbs up to this post ? You should abhor it.
    11-28-11 07:38 PM
    The PB is generating a lot more activity and the mod staff has apparently been stretched thin. The solution? Add more mods. I hereby volunteer for mod duty.
    I also volunteer for mod duty.
    11-28-11 07:44 PM
    Theres no fun to be had in treating woman this way. there is nothing crystal and pure within this person. this is disgusting.

I do hope you didn't miss the fact that it was just in jest, with no offense intended? If not, then my bad.
    11-28-11 08:25 PM

Yes Mrs. Gatz. I unliked it. Did it go away?

I did catch his jest and the guy was a truly honorable wingman on the front lines..of shill eradication (psst I will like you when Mrs. Gatz leaves

She scares me lol
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-28-11 at 08:39 PM.
    11-28-11 08:37 PM
    I also volunteer for mod duty.
    That's three - lets go - the three modkateers. Kevin? can we get a key?
    11-28-11 08:41 PM
    Um. . . sorry. I'm sure this is very sincere, but I for one cannot accept your apology.

Here's why. . .

True, the above is a bit of a hyperbole, but it's built from a collection of actual posts as seen in these forums on a routine basis.

Next thing I'm looking for after any variation of the above is a post from people like you or Shootscores setting the young lads pants ablaze.

Apologies from you? No. More like THANKS from us!
    Harumph! jafobabe why did you like this - I didn't even understand it lol But I think he was being mean .. I think?

Not sure.
    11-28-11 08:43 PM
    Harumph! jafobabe why did you like this - I didn't even understand it lol But I think he was being mean .. I think?

Not sure.
    Did I mis read it? I'm sorry if I did. Thought he meant we owe you thanks for all you have done?
    11-28-11 09:11 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD