Saturday, July16, 20011

This CrackBerry Forum post is a copyrighted and protected legal document that the ideas, concepts, process's and procedures contained herein are the intellectual property of said author and no other.

To Research in Motion,

I have RIMS next big idea that will blow away all the other phone and or Tablet companies.

In one word, "Connectivity!"

Blackberry phones connecting to LCD's, so that the LCD acts as a monitor, so that everything that would normally display on the phone screen displays on the LCD.

The web/browser, games, play music, photos, video, everything!

Make the new phones not just phones but Players, the movies on your phone displays on LCD, web browsing displays on LCD, games on your phone now played on LCD, either through HDMI or USB.

Connected through a HDMI or USB cable or other cable, or through bluetooth or wifi.

I want RIM to kick me back 3% (to be negotiated) on these new phones for creative and conceptual contribution.

With QNX and my "Connectivy" creation, together, RIM and I can conquer the mobile phone market!

Signed,

mawil1013

copyright notice
    Last edited by mawil1013; 07-16-11 at 10:10 AM.
    07-16-11 08:04 AM
    Instead of dual core should RIM move in the direction of dual battery to incorporate those ideas?

I'm sure lots of us would like increased productivity from our BB, maybe additional apps but I for one don't really want my BB to be a full blown media centre. Battery life would be terrible, current storage would be inadequate.

The ideas above are already incorporated into tablets. My girlfriend's Advent tablet does what you want, it's battery life is nothing compared to the BB phone.

With QNX and my "Connectivy" creation, together, RIM and I can conquer the mobile phone market!
    I think you've just described most tablets as opposed to phones.
    07-16-11 08:18 AM
    Instead of dual core should RIM move in the direction of dual battery to incorporate those ideas?

I'm sure lots of us would like increased productivity from our BB, maybe additional apps but I for one don't really want my BB to be a full blown media centre. Battery life would be terrible, current storage would be inadequate.

The ideas above are already incorporated into tablets. My girlfriend's Advent tablet does what you want, it's battery life is nothing compared to the BB phone.

I think you've just described most tablets as opposed to phones.
    I've described the new phones, not Tablets and Just because the function is there, doesn't mean you have to use it. Hence, you won't have to worry about battery life.

I have felt the draw back of smart phones was small screen real estate, with the capability of hooking up to an LCD, coupled with the ability to see all phone function on it, why I'd probably never use a laptop again.
    Mawil1013

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 09:46 AM
    LMAO @ the premise of a copy written Forum post.

Followed by the 3% kick back for a feature that exists in many mobile spaces, including Android devices.

The idea of being able to use your mobile phone on a larger screen is a great one, the Atrix does this with it's docking station, and RIM very much needs to address that concept in the future as it would be an excellent tool for connecting to dumb terminals within an organization, limiting hardware costs.

07-16-11 09:50 AM
  5. T
    Yea, I don't think additional battery capacity would be required. If you're gonna hook it up with a usb cable, you might as well plug it in, too, while you use it. If you're gonna walk around and use it with wifi or Bluetooth during a presentation, you could probably just charge it afterwards.

07-16-11 10:05 AM
    LMAO @ the premise of a copy written Forum post.

Followed by the 3% kick back for a feature that exists in many mobile spaces, including Android devices.

The idea of being able to use your mobile phone on a larger screen is a great one, the Atrix does this with it's docking station, and RIM very much needs to address that concept in the future as it would be an excellent tool for connecting to dumb terminals within an organization, limiting hardware costs.

What!? I know copyright notice is no longer required, but is beneficial, especially in an open Forum.
    "U.S. law no longer requires the use of a copyright notice, although it is often
    beneficial. Prior law did, however, contain such a requirement, and the use
    of a notice is still relevant to the copyright status of older works."
    http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ03.pdf
    07-16-11 10:16 AM
    Bwahahahaha. Putting a copyright disclaimer on a forum post is legally meaningless. Good for a laugh though.

I would like to see an HDMI out on the next line of phones.
    Last edited by Alberta Blue; 07-16-11 at 10:41 AM.
    07-16-11 10:39 AM
    Yes the copyright disclaimer is funny. Check the ToS for this forum, I run a game league myself and I'm pretty sure that this will be the same, that all posts are the property of the forum owners. But good for a laugh anyway.

But DeRusset is right, when the QNX superphone(s) come out with dual core chips, RIM would be really smart to make a dumb and cheap version of a playbook screen that the phone could click into and turn it into a tablet, and even offer a cheap netbook style keyboard like the ASUS Transformer-ish.

CS
    07-16-11 11:26 AM
    I've described the new phones, not Tablets and Just because the function is there, doesn't mean you have to use it. Hence, you won't have to worry about battery life.

I have felt the draw back of smart phones was small screen real estate, with the capability of hooking up to an LCD, coupled with the ability to see all phone function on it, why I'd probably never use a laptop again.
    Mawil1013

Maybe it's just me but I have no desire at all for this on my phone. My phone is for use when I'm not at my laptop. I wouldn't want watch a movie on my phone, big or small screen, I'd happily watch it on my laptop or the tablet at a push.

But each to their own.

Not sure RIM will ever agree with the 3% kick back idea either
    07-16-11 12:11 PM
    LMAO this should have been a matter of patents... except it is probably already covered, or has already been accepted as "public knowledge", and by publishing here you blew any slight remaining hope of getting a patent.
    07-16-11 02:13 PM
    Yes the copyright disclaimer is funny. Check the ToS for this forum, I run a game league myself and I'm pretty sure that this will be the same, that all posts are the property of the forum owners. But good for a laugh anyway....
    Correct. Here is a link to the terms and conditions. I had to get another mod to help me find them, so I can understand if a member couldn't.
    Terms and Conditions | CrackBerry.com

Here is the relevant section:
    You do not acquire any ownership rights to any content in the Site. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by CrackBerry.com.

By submitting information, you grant CrackBerry.com a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to reproduce, use, modify, publish, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. By submitting information you also represent and warrant that that the content is accurate; you own or have permission to use the content that you submit; and that use of the content will not cause injury to any person or entity.
    07-16-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD