its natural for people to stereotype. and cops are people. i dont always agree with police. but we still need them. i get stereotyped by them all the time. i have a lot of tattoos wich already gives me a stereotype. ive never been in trouble with the law, i dont have big 20" rims, i dont sit way back in my seet, but yet still manage to get pulled over and harrased at least 1 a month. its just the stereotype i just try to put myself in their shoes. yes its annoying and i dont like it but like i said before we still need them!! ......i dont have any issues with any race but some races wont understand this
    04-02-09 09:57 AM
    Cops aren't always bad, you're going to run into them sooner or later. Some more then others... Got pulled over on monday for riding one of those pocket bikes around town with my friend. Now since we weren't really hurting anyone, and he actually pulled us over as we we're stopping at a stop sign, he decided to let us go Still let us drive them home actually which isn't really legal but... He coulve taken the bikes, given us both a $600 ticket and left. But he didn't...
    04-02-09 10:04 AM
    its natural for people to stereotype. and cops are people. i dont always agree with police. but we still need them. i get stereotyped by them all the time. i have a lot of tattoos wich already gives me a stereotype. ive never been in trouble with the law, i dont have big 20" rims, i dont sit way back in my seet, but yet still manage to get pulled over and harrased at least 1 a month. its just the stereotype i just try to put myself in their shoes. yes its annoying and i dont like it but like i said before we still need them!! ......i dont have any issues with any race but some races wont understand this
    Yep, I've been there. When I was younger I was pretty much a goth kid (even though we didn't have that label then). I didn't really get upset with the cops when they harassed me a little, I usually blamed the other kids that cause the negative stereotype for the look. The cops were just reacting to what they had experienced before.
    04-02-09 10:23 AM
    I saw the NFL dude get pulled over, they showed that on tv, yes unfortunate as he wasnt there while his mother in law passed away, however, HE ran a red light, and I can imagine HOW many times cops here that story, kind of like the boy who cried wolf, only this time, he wasnt. But he wasnt innocent either.
    he might have ran a red light but his mother in law was dying. if it were me i would have done the same thing i prolly wouldnt have even stopped for the cop. all my life ive gotten dirty d***head cops so f*** them all they all abuse thr power
    04-02-09 11:01 AM
    he might have ran a red light but his mother in law was dying. if it were me i would have done the same thing i prolly wouldnt have even stopped for the cop. all my life ive gotten dirty d***head cops so f*** them all they all abuse thr power
    I'm in agreement here, and on many of the other points - they're just people, doing their jobs, just as the rest of us do. At times, they can be cocky or nasty, but just like they said in HS ... "absolute power, corrupts absolutely".

And, not to be a "cop" myself ... but you probably shouldn't have that userID.
    04-02-09 11:07 AM
    With the warm and friendly attitude you put forth with your name and your comments, I can't image why a cop would ever give you a hard time.
    04-02-09 11:09 AM
    Oh okay. So if the �diot killed someone when he went through the red light, then where would we be? The police officer is doing his job. They aren't allowed to let you break laws. Oh maybe my mother in law's dying, but I've had a few too many to drink. Then what?

And if you ran from the cop, you might get to the hospital, but when you get out you get arrested. You think they'd let you in a hospital after that? NO....
    04-02-09 11:13 AM
    Thank you Swoopster, Slingbox, roed4, rachel0179, Back-Space, pi admin, julianchoa2005, and john45acp. Unbelieveable. At least there are some people with brains out there.
    Last edited by drjay868; 04-02-09 at 11:30 AM.
    04-02-09 11:20 AM
    How many times do you think an excuse is used for running a red light, and honestly, IMO, I dont think this story would have made tv if he wasnt an NFL player. The cop had every right to pull him over, his passenger was let go to go to the hospital, if *could* have been handled a little different, sure, but I feel this story would have gotten the atten it has now if it was a *regular* person.

Still, the fact remains, he ran a red light. Plain and simple.
    04-02-09 11:21 AM
    And last night, that police officer resigned. I have WAY too many thoughts on this case.
    04-02-09 11:23 AM
    How many times do you think an excuse is used for running a red light, and honestly, IMO, I dont think this story would have made tv if he wasnt an NFL player. The cop had every right to pull him over, his passenger was let go to go to the hospital, if *could* have been handled a little different, sure, but I feel this story would have gotten the atten it has now if it was a *regular* person.

Still, the fact remains, he ran a red light. Plain and simple.
    Right on Rachel
    04-02-09 11:24 AM
    it doesnt matter wut my user id name is, that doesnt change my attitude towards ppl. running the red light doesnt meen he zoomed past it he could have slowed down and if thr wasnt ne traffic he drives off
    04-02-09 11:28 AM
    Running a red light, means he ran a red light, red = stop. Well, it did when I took my test. Im pprettttyyyy sure it means the same thing now.

You sound ignorant, and I dont think anyone can take you seriously with that user name, and typing in 'text" or, pure laziness.
    04-02-09 11:31 AM
    I ran a red light, purposely, a few months ago when my sister was giving birth and having complications. You think I'd complain if I got pulled over? NO. Neither should he. Grow up.
    04-02-09 11:31 AM
    People routinely dismiss a whole groupd of people due to the actions of a minority... Take people of muslim belief for instance 99.9% of them have no problems with anyone and lead relativly happy and peaceful lives, a coupld of my good mates are muslim btw.

And yet when I Say that i dont respect cops for the actions of a minority you tell me off... How is it any different for people of other beliefs?

Now I am not saying that you hate muslims or any sec of any group for any reason but people do routinly hate the many for the actions of a few.

and sorry i am dosed on caffine and have has 3 hours sleep and i am in my last 1/2 hour of a 8 hour word day and this is my first break so I am a little bit irratable and not thinking properly.
    Don't apologize for your logic...it's logical. To say you have "no respect for ANY cops", because you've had a bad experience with a few, says a lot about a person. If I applied that same logic, to other groups of people, my respect would run out, for the vast majority of the population. It gives great insight into why we all "can't just get along". It's because you have no respect for me, because someone who looks like me, or is employed in the same profession, did something you didn't like. We gotta grow up, y'all. Really.

If you run a red light, regardless of the crisis, you may get stopped by a cop, who's doing their job. They don't have time to try and figure out, "Did he run the red light because he wasn't paying attention, or is his mom in distress?"

Folks want cops to uphold the law, when they need the law upheld in their favor, but they want them to overlook the law, when it's in their favor. Yes, there are bad ones. But the vast majority of folks will have no problems with police officers (good and bad), if they obey the law.
    04-02-09 11:56 AM
    it doesnt matter wut my user id name is, that doesnt change my attitude towards ppl. running the red light doesnt meen he zoomed past it he could have slowed down and if thr wasnt ne traffic he drives off
    If he ran a red light, he ran a red light. Running a red light is still against the law. It doesn't matter what the reason. If you break the law and get caught you are going to get pulled over, ticketed, warned, harassed or taken away. We set these laws up as a society and we have asked these men and women to enforce the laws that we set up. If you don't like the laws or the people set to enforce them, move. Find a nice country that doesn't care what you do or what happens to you.

Also, if you have seriously never had dealings with a nice honesty cop in your entire life then you either live in the worst place in the world, look and act like someone who is ready to break the law at any second, only met one cop your entire life, been a repeat offender for quite a while or have the absolute worst luck of any human being on the face of the planet. Whatever the reason, it is all on you to change things.

Last, but not least..... Your user name is pretty telling for you. The fact that you are pretty loaded with hate (in this thread anyway) and chose an insult as a user name doesn't come across as a coincidence to me.
    04-02-09 12:54 PM
    The guy had his hazards on ...... People waived hom through the tintersection. There was one other person waiting on the light he stopped and let mr moats through. If the cop was so worried about them being criminals. Why did he let the passenger go ????? Even after the the nurse came out ......" She is code blue " you would think the officer would say " ok go ahead, i'll leave the ticket on the car " or move the car out of handicap and heres a ticket. Nothing. He ****ed around in his car while she passed away. He had to wait downstairs in a aparking lot while she dyed. Only be cause that richaerd was doing his job ????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 02:40 PM
    Exactly, he was doing his job. So.. if I drive around town and run lights and whatnot, its ok as long as I have my hazards on. Gotcha.
    04-02-09 02:49 PM
    Lol, thanks for the tip I'll keep it in mind.
    04-02-09 02:50 PM
    I know what I'm doing for fun tonight.

"sorry officer, I've got my hazards on, so you shouldn't give me a ticket because I was breaking the law for a good reason, but doing it SAFELY"
    04-02-09 02:54 PM
    The guy had his hazards on ...... People waived hom through the tintersection. There was one other person waiting on the light he stopped and let mr moats through. If the cop was so worried about them being criminals. Why did he let the passenger go ????? Even after the the nurse came out ......" She is code blue " you would think the officer would say " ok go ahead, i'll leave the ticket on the car " or move the car out of handicap and heres a ticket. Nothing. He ****ed around in his car while she passed away. He had to wait downstairs in a aparking lot while she dyed. Only be cause that richaerd was doing his job ????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes and as stated by many and the officer himself:

HE MADE A MISTAKE!
    HE IS HUMAN!

We understand that you are perfect and have never made a mistake in your whole life. We get it. As a tribute to your absolute perfection I will start an internet petition to have the officer dragged to the center of town and beaten with a stick until he is dead. Will that make you happy?

The point is, that the most of us mere mortals know what it is like to make a mistake. We understand that it happens and are not ready to get out our pitchforks and torches to hunt down someone because of it. I understand that it is sad and the guy was not there when she died, but you are acting like the cop is the one who killed her. He was trying to write a traffic ticket. The football player and his wife have already accepted the officers apology and are trying to move on. Why can't you?

Also, seriously all cops suck because this happened? Really? Out of all the things that have happened in human history this is the one that upsets you the most? Seriously?
    Last edited by roeod4; 04-02-09 at 03:05 PM.
    04-02-09 03:02 PM

HE MADE A MISTAKE!
    HE IS HUMAN!

We understand that you are perfect and have never made a mistake in your whole life. We get it. As a tribute to your absolute perfection I will start an internet petition to have the officer dragged to the center of town and beaten with a stick until he is dead. Will that make you happy?

The point is, that the most of us mere mortals know what it is like to make a mistake. We understand that it happens and are not ready to get out our pitchforks and torches to hunt down someone because of it. I understand that it is sad and the guy was not there when she died, but you are acting like the cop is the one who killed her. He was trying to write a traffic ticket. The football player and his wife have already accepted the officers apology and are trying to move on. Why can't you?
    ...and there it is. Thanks, Roe!
    04-02-09 03:05 PM
    Im guessing some of these posters in here, have yet to learn responsibility also, everything bad that happens to you is not your fault right? you poor poor soul, yes the police and the world is out to get you, Im sure you made GREAT choices in life too (dripping with sarcasm)
    04-02-09 03:09 PM
    Exactly, he was doing his job. So.. if I drive around town and run lights and whatnot, its ok as long as I have my hazards on. Gotcha.
    Lol, thanks for the tip I'll keep it in mind.
    I know what I'm doing for fun tonight.

"sorry officer, I've got my hazards on, so you shouldn't give me a ticket because I was breaking the law for a good reason, but doing it SAFELY"

HE MADE A MISTAKE!
    HE IS HUMAN!

Also, seriously all cops suck because this happened? Really? Out of all the things that have happened in human history this is the one that upsets you the most? Seriously?
    Im guessing some of these posters in here, have yet to learn responsibility also, everything bad that happens to you is not your fault right? you poor poor soul, yes the police and the world is out to get you, Im sure you made GREAT choices in life too (dripping with sarcasm)
    the cop didnt have to act like a richard, and if you go to the first page, there are many examples of "richard " cops ........and to rachel, im sure you;re a nice person, but a bit on the dumb side arent you hun ????
    04-02-09 03:30 PM
    Shutup Abraham... The only person lacking knowledge in this thread is you.
    04-02-09 03:34 PM
160 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD