04-01-09 05:50 PM
    I haven't read the article since 1.) I don't want to waste more of my time 2.) I don't have to read it to answer your question.

Police officers have a dangerous job which requires added confidence and re-assurance in knowing that citizens trust them and appreciate their services. I'm assuming this article points to one or more exceptions; there are always exceptions to everything. Exceptions of a minority shouldn't overshadow the quality of a majority.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 05:58 PM
    I haven't read the article since 1.) I don't want to waste more of my time 2.) I don't have to read it to answer your question.

Police officers have a dangerous job which requires added confidence and re-assurance in knowing that citizens trust them and appreciate their services. I'm assuming this article points to one or more exceptions; there are always exceptions to everything. Exceptions of a minority shouldn't overshadow the quality of a majority.

so since you didnt bother to read the article, why did you bother to answer ????? just goes to show why things happen.....you act and speak before you even know whats going on.......thanks
    04-01-09 06:04 PM
    NFL RB ryan moats gets screwed by cop

http://www.wfaa.com/video/featured-i...45766&noad=yes

wow...all i have to say...
    04-01-09 06:07 PM
    wow......another day, another cop shoots a dude in the head

Video
    04-01-09 06:12 PM
    Seattle Post Intelligencer
    "Redmond Woman Charged With Petty Theft"
    Spencer Alverson Reporting:

Colleen Jenson of Redmond, Washington never thought in her wildest dreams that she would be arrested for the crime of "Petty Theft". What did she steal? A bottle of wine from the local liquor store? No. A pair of shoes from the local Pay Less Shoe Source? Nope. A football. A football that repeatedly landed in her yard over and over again. A football that she repeatedly asked the children to keep out of her yard. "I have many plants and trinkets and such in my yard and I have repeatedly asked the children to keep the ball out of my yard. Not only does it end up there over and over again, they've damaged my fence coming in the yard to get it." So, when I was out working in her yard one day and the ball came in my yard, I just reached up and snatched it right out the air and didn't give it back. I took it in the house." Well, the children told parents who called the Police. When the Police arrived she still refused to give it back. "At one point the Cops were trying to knock, pry and pull it out of my hands, but I would not let it go." It was at this point that she was arrested and booked for "Petty Theft". I was outraged." Colleen said. "Most likely I will only have to pay a fine, and I'm not worried about that. Since I've shown the ability to catch, hold onto and not drop a football...............I've signed a multi-year contract with the Seahawks.". More to come.
    04-01-09 06:16 PM
    04-01-09 06:21 PM
    i c what he did there....he was speeding on his bike right ???

Rookie cop in hot water after video shows him slamming biker
    04-01-09 06:23 PM
    I read the article and I watch the video last night (link leads to nothing btw).

Cops are people and just like regular people, some are good and some are bad. Most are in the middle. The cop dealing with the NFL guy came out later and apologized. He used poor judgment in the situation and it was unfortunate. I can't say what happened with the shooting of the guy in the car, because I wasn't there, but cops do make mistakes and some just do bad things. We had a case in Atlanta, a bunch of vice cops gunning down a little old woman in her home. They all got busted for it and I think (can't remember) they are all going to court for prosecution now.

Part of what Swoopster said is true. Cops do have dangerous jobs and they are forced (by us) to make life and death decisions on a regular basis. Sometimes bad things will happen and people will get hurt when they shouldn't and sometimes the people we choose to protect us will do things that they shouldn't because they feel they are above the law. It is a natural thing though, doctors get God complexes all the time and it happens to cops too. It also happens to plenty of people that deal with "the bad" all the time, sometimes they fail to see "the good" in anything or anyone.

Some people want it both ways and that is never going to happen. People want the cops to be there before the crime happens so that they can stop it, but they also want the cops to stay away from them. Stop all the drunk drivers, but don't stop me an waste my time at a DUI checkpoint. Prevent crime in my area, but don't "hassle" anyone that is walking around at 3 am. Stop the drug cartels that hurt people, but leave my weed alone. Watch any episode of cops and you see some of the crap that they have to put up with. Having to deal with that many idiots in "wife beater" t-shirts would lead me to shooting someone.

Short answer: Yes, most of them are if you aren't breaking the law.
    04-01-09 06:28 PM
    so since you didnt bother to read the article, why did you bother to answer ????? just goes to show why things happen.....you act and speak before you even know whats going on.......thanks
    read the article perhaps you should reserve your judgment as you told others untill there are more details other than what the alleged victim has said..there are always a minority in any group that will abuse whatever power granted to it. though i can recall numerous events where i witnessed the wrong doing and the individual and those with them's first statement was i wasnt doing anything. i will reserve my judgement until all facts are released.
    04-01-09 06:29 PM
    04-01-09 06:31 PM
    im leaving work, i will respond from home
    04-01-09 06:33 PM
    I read the article and I watch the video last night (link leads to nothing btw).

Cops are people and just like regular people, some are good and some are bad. Most are in the middle. The cop dealing with the NFL guy came out later and apologized. He used poor judgment in the situation and it was unfortunate. I can't say what happened with the shooting of the guy in the car, because I wasn't there, but cops do make mistakes and some just do bad things. We had a case in Atlanta, a bunch of vice cops gunning down a little old woman in her home. They all got busted for it and I think (can't remember) they are all going to court for prosecution now.

Part of what Swoopster said is true. Cops do have dangerous jobs and they are forced (by us) to make life and death decisions on a regular basis. Sometimes bad things will happen and people will get hurt when they shouldn't and sometimes the people we choose to protect us will do things that they shouldn't because they feel they are above the law. It is a natural thing though, doctors get God complexes all the time and it happens to cops too. It also happens to plenty of people that deal with "the bad" all the time, sometimes they fail to see "the good" in anything or anyone.

Some people want it both ways and that is never going to happen. People want the cops to be there before the crime happens so that they can stop it, but they also want the cops to stay away from them. Stop all the drunk drivers, but don't stop me an waste my time at a DUI checkpoint. Prevent crime in my area, but don't "hassle" anyone that is walking around at 3 am. Stop the drug cartels that hurt people, but leave my weed alone. Watch any episode of cops and you see some of the crap that they have to put up with. Having to deal with that many idiots in "wife beater" t-shirts would lead me to shooting someone.

Short answer: Yes, most of them are if you aren't breaking the law.
    well said !
    04-01-09 06:36 PM
    04-01-09 06:39 PM
    im leaving work, i will respond from home
    Please spare us.
    I think we all get your point..You don't like Police.
    If someones breaking in your house or car don't call them.
    04-01-09 07:13 PM
    I'm with roeod4. Police officers are people. Everyone makes mistakes, and yeah, there are police officers that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a gun. But for the most part, we're better off with them. Unless you know, your a drug dealer
    04-01-09 07:18 PM
    I saw the NFL dude get pulled over, they showed that on tv, yes unfortunate as he wasnt there while his mother in law passed away, however, HE ran a red light, and I can imagine HOW many times cops here that story, kind of like the boy who cried wolf, only this time, he wasnt. But he wasnt innocent either.
    04-01-09 07:20 PM
    the bottom line is ... if someone is breaking into your home who will you call? will you call the ACLU or a local/national so called watchdog group or the local " i care about you politician"?
    04-01-09 07:26 PM
    the bottom line is ... if someone is breaking into your home who will you call? will you call the ACLU or a local/national so called watchdog group or the local " i care about you politician"?
    Call someone? Why would you need to call someone? Well, I guess the nice officers would need to file a report and haul the body off.
    04-01-09 09:16 PM
    Oh I wudn call anyone just tryn to make a point that while most denegrate the police they want instant response when they are in trouble.

04-01-09 09:45 PM
    Ever since I was 16 and had the dog squad set on mysel and two of my mates for not letting the cops look in our bags, which the asked to do for no reason, I have no respect for any cops.

04-01-09 09:57 PM
    Ever since I was 16 and had the dog squad set on mysel and two of my mates for not letting the cops look in our bags, which the asked to do for no reason, I have no respect for any cops.
    Do you not realize it's flawed to make a blanket statement as broad as saying what you did? "I have no respect for any cops."?

It's flawed for the reasons that I and others have stated in this thread...that the exceptions and actions of some bad seeds should not cast a black cloud over all police officers.
    04-01-09 11:05 PM
    Do you not realize it's flawed to make a blanket statement as broad as saying what you did? "I have no respect for any cops."?

It's flawed for the reasons that I and others have stated in this thread...that the exceptions and actions of some bad seeds should not cast a black cloud over all police officers.
    People routinely dismiss a whole groupd of people due to the actions of a minority... Take people of muslim belief for instance 99.9% of them have no problems with anyone and lead relativly happy and peaceful lives, a coupld of my good mates are muslim btw.

And yet when I Say that i dont respect cops for the actions of a minority you tell me off... How is it any different for people of other beliefs?

Now I am not saying that you hate muslims or any sec of any group for any reason but people do routinly hate the many for the actions of a few.

and sorry i am dosed on caffine and have has 3 hours sleep and i am in my last 1/2 hour of a 8 hour word day and this is my first break so I am a little bit irratable and not thinking properly.
    04-02-09 12:03 AM
    People routinely dismiss a whole groupd of people due to the actions of a minority... Take people of muslim belief for instance 99.9% of them have no problems with anyone and lead relativly happy and peaceful lives, a coupld of my good mates are muslim btw.
    It wasn't denied by me as to what people 'routinely' do when they 'dismiss' an entire group because of some individuals out of that group.

That's my point...what does it matter what people 'routinely' do? You're proving my point by giving your own example of Muslims. The actions of a few do not accurately and truly reflect on the whole.

And yet when I Say that i dont respect cops for the actions of a minority you tell me off... How is it any different for people of other beliefs?
    I didn't tell you off whatsoever. I'm simply relaying the very point that you've just now made yourself.

Now I am not saying that you hate muslims or any sec of any group for any reason but people do routinly hate the many for the actions of a few.
    Once again; I understand what people 'routinely' do. My point is that when someone engages in 'routine' thought processes; it doesn't make those thought processes correct.
    Last edited by Swoopster; 04-02-09 at 12:51 AM.
    04-02-09 12:47 AM
    I dont have ANY issues with cops, none, maybe I was smart enough, or had the sense to NOT get into trouble.
    04-02-09 06:15 AM
160 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD