Some apple blossoms...wasn't a great picture, a thunderstorm was about to unleash it's fury....

...but I should have known - "Red sky in the morning, sailor takes warning...". So it was kinda red

05-12-11 09:41 PM
    05-14-11 08:28 PM
    Nice pics John, and wow has it been a long time.

Went out to Mohonk Preserve on my day off Wednesday, here's some highlights:

View of the start while driving up. Took about 1&1/2 hours to get up to the right side of this ridge.

Along the way there were a ton of people climbing the "easier" faces.

Saw some nifty flowers up there.

05-15-11 01:18 PM
    Some more beauty near the top.

These were actually at the bottom, by the visitor's center. They remind me of azaleas, but I haven't seen any up here.
    05-15-11 01:19 PM
    Here's the final ridgeline I planned to hike. Been up and down a few at this point, and about 3 hours into it.

View north from the top. I'm not sure, but it could be the Catskills in the background.

Another view north. If you zoom in, at the high peak is a tower. I think the Mohonk Mountain House may be there too.

Looking down from where I had lunch. Over a 1K drop at this point. You can see some of what's eroded at the bottom. There's spots with much larger piles, but this shot I liked the best.
    05-15-11 01:20 PM
    Another cool pic walking along the edge.

There were a lot of spots where it was somewhat barren like this.

Most of the time I couldn't tell what was between me and splat, but once in a while....
    05-15-11 01:21 PM
    Now about 5 hours in, I reached the southern most point in the Millbrook ridgeline. This is a northwest view.

Continuing northwest, I took this looking back at the southern point.

One more view looking back.
    05-15-11 01:23 PM
    I went a tad farther than planned Here's a couple of Awosting Falls, in Minnewaska Park Preserve west of Mohonk.

I also took a few short videos during the hike. I'll try to get them converted, and uploaded later today. A couple 360� views, and one of a cave I cooled off at along the way. Weather was perfect. About 70�, and hardly a cloud, as you can see.

Dangit! I almost forgot.....

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese™, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    Photo courtesy my hotrod Essex
    05-15-11 01:24 PM
    Those are awesome, Wulfie! Especially love the waterfall pics!
    05-15-11 02:11 PM
    Had to drive a group of kids downtown today for a class trip...did a ton of driving, a lot of sitting, and took a few pics along the way with my trusty Bold! Will upload more later to an album.

Rainforest Cafe

Downtown looking from the museum campus

The Field Museum

All pics taken and posted from my Bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 06:45 PM

05-20-11 02:01 PM
    Some great shots as usual John. Love Chicago, but I haven't been there in years. Maybe someday soon....

Too bad we seem to be the only ones posting here anymore.

Memorial Day weekend hiking highlights, in Lake Minnewaska State Park Preserve, just west of Mohonk from the last outing.

In the center is Rainbow Falls

Hard to tell, but this is a thin film of water, running on granite.

06-06-11 06:28 PM
    Up near Castle Rock.

Looking back towards Castle Rock, which doesn't look at all like a castle.

Not my best shot ever, but the wild orchids are so

06-06-11 06:32 PM
    Great pics! I've got some more that I just haven't had the time to get uploaded.

06-06-11 06:43 PM
    Here's one from the Purple Heart Museum.

FDR Bridge.

Went to a car show Sunday. Too many pics to post, so here's the links:
    http://dcom.me/pF6qq

Slideshow
    http://dcom.me/eB7gv
    06-06-11 06:48 PM
    Great pics! I've got some more that I just haven't had the time to get uploaded.

Thanks John! I know what you mean. If it wasn't for the photobucket app, there's no way. I set the car show album in a couple minutes, and then went about my business as all 86 uploaded. I was so pleased wwhen I saw they all were perfect.
    06-06-11 07:35 PM
    Thanks John! I know what you mean. If it wasn't for the photobucket app, there's no way. I set the car show album in a couple minutes, and then went about my business as all 86 uploaded. I was so pleased wwhen I saw they all were perfect.
    Yah, I do all my uploading through the PB app. Here's a couple I took last night; was experimenting with the flash and though it washed out the actual flower somewhat, I thought itwas cool how it blacked out the background and emphasized the flower and leaves.

Tripster likes this.
    06-08-11 07:03 AM
    06-18-11 11:35 AM
    06-28-11 07:12 AM
    Big ol' moth

For BigBadWulf

Tripster likes this.
    06-28-11 08:15 PM
    Beautiful classic BMW John! Using photoshop to edit those pics?
    06-28-11 09:33 PM
    Who, me? PHotoshop? Naw, just good use of natural lighting! You know, when you got talent.... (actually just a regular app, not PS; I've been having a lot of fun doing the BW/Color combos...made some great pics of my kids at the beach. Love the contrast)

We were out for a walk the other night and I saw that BMW and thougth, Got to snap a pic of that for BBW!

EDIT: BTW, that squad car in the black and white pic is a rolling 9-11-2001 memorial car. Each flight that went down is represented on the car, all the names of those who perished are listed. My wife's brother-in-law (not on my side) used to play basketball with Todd Beemer ("Let's Roll). They are going to try and have the squad car in NY on the 10th anniversary this year. I've got a bunch of pictures of the car, I'll upload them to a photobucket slideshow.
    Last edited by john_v; 06-28-11 at 09:41 PM.
    06-28-11 09:37 PM
    I brought home a cactus from my parents place in AZ about a year ago. It will have about a dozen flowers bloom every year. They only bloom at night and last just the one night. The flower will stay open for a few hours in the morning, but after that it closes and drops off.

Anyway, it seems that the wasps this year have really taken a liking to the buds.

Tripster likes this.
    06-29-11 11:08 AM
    Those are really cool...I'd have been too freaked out from the wasp to take that picture One time growing up I got too near a nest by accident and got stung multiple times...you could say it scarred me (and scared me) a little

I brought home a cactus from my parents place in AZ about a year ago. It will have about a dozen flowers bloom every year. They only bloom at night and last just the one night. The flower will stay open for a few hours in the morning, but after that it closes and drops off.

Anyway, it seems that the wasps this year have really taken a liking to the buds.
    06-29-11 11:17 AM
    Sunrise this morning heading out on my walk

...and heading back home

Retouched a little just for fun If anything maybe we can resurect this thread by doing some touchups as well.

Tripster likes this.
    06-29-11 11:19 AM
1,090 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD