What I did on summer vacation:

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    Photo courtesy my hotrod Onyx
    07-05-10 02:40 PM
    Saw this today when I went grocery shopping...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 07:09 PM
    Work tonight...

Last edited by BB_Junky; 07-10-10 at 02:06 AM.
    07-10-10 01:52 AM
    One of the TVs at work broke. This is the replacement.

Plaque on one of the buildings down the street from my apartment. These can be found on several buildings throughout the entire city.

07-10-10 07:59 PM
    Clover Milk always has funny billboards with their mascot Clo with various puns:

07-10-10 08:40 PM
    Sunset tonight

Some wild chicks came by

Door at a train station from the 1800's

Cellar door from when it was a winery.
    Zoom in, and check out the wrought iron

Watchman's shack from the same time

Whether you like the CrackBerry word filter or not,
    If everyone could please go here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/fil...estion-494256/
    and submit their vote, I'd greatly appreciate it PTTP!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 07-11-10 at 10:27 PM.
    07-11-10 10:23 PM
    Wow! What a beautiful garden is this! Really very good in look,BigBadWulf. Have you taken this picture through your camera or taken from somewhere? If it is taken through your camera then please tell me where is this place because i liked it.
    07-12-10 06:03 AM
    Wow! What a beautiful garden is this! Really very good in look,BigBadWulf. Have you taken this picture through your camera or taken from somewhere? If it is taken through your camera then please tell me where is this place because i liked it.
    Thanks jasper, almost all the pics I've posted I took with my phone. Which garden are you refering too?

Whether you like the CrackBerry word filter or not,
    If everyone could please go here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/fil...estion-494256/
    and submit their vote, I'd greatly appreciate it PTTP!
    07-12-10 06:13 AM
    Great pictures BBW. I love the history behind them, really gets you thinking about what it was like to live back then.
    07-12-10 08:23 AM
    Great pictures BBW. I love the history behind them, really gets you thinking about what it was like to live back then.
    Thanks my pilsner pal. I'll try to make time tonight, and tell the tale of my visit. I found it quite interesting.
    07-12-10 08:49 AM
    Enjoying a diet beverage

Melissa's Menagerie

Melissa @ the Absecon Lighthouse

AC from the top of the Lighthouse
    07-12-10 09:25 AM
    Road trip from a couple weeks ago

07-12-10 10:10 AM

07-12-10 01:30 PM

Me and Maggie

Mississippi river bridge from the Vidalia, LA side.

The creepiest thing I've ever seen.

07-12-10 09:16 PM

Me and Maggie

Mississippi river bridge from the Vidalia, LA side.

The creepiest thing I've ever seen.

Ummmm Nick. Please tell me that's some drunk post mix up with those pics.

Edit - Whew!!!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 07-12-10 at 09:28 PM.
    07-12-10 09:22 PM
    Ok have some pics from the Gary, In air show this past weekend.

First up is a trio of acrobatic planes. They kicked off the show by forming a smoke-trail circle that the US Army Golden Knights jumped through. Then they launched into their routine

The headliner act was the Air Force Thunderbirds. Just before they started, a small thunderstorm came through. We hardly got wet(but we were at the beach, so it didnt matter) but then the storm moved off to the southeast, so the white Thunderbirds and their white smoke trails contrasted beautifully against the black sky.

Last edited by john_v; 07-12-10 at 10:26 PM.
    07-12-10 10:20 PM
    My great-uncle Teddy; 504th Paratroops, 82nd Airborne. Jumped in 4 campaigns in Europe during ww2. Barely missed jumping on d-day because his unit had been fight elsewhere and was really wiped out, and ended up arriving in England just barely to late. From what ive been reading, his unit fought at the Battle of the Bulge as well as Operation Market Garden (A Bridge Too Far). I'm getting sketchy details, need to do more research on the 504th. But a true warrior in every sense of the word.

07-12-10 10:36 PM
    Awesome pics and story of your great-uncle John. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 07-12-10 at 10:43 PM. Reason: need sleeeeeep
    07-12-10 10:42 PM
    Not really a pic, but cool and interesting nonetheless:

07-13-10 12:27 PM
    Not really a pic, but cool and interesting nonetheless:

I'll do you one better, you can get it on your BB......

BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry Store
    07-13-10 03:31 PM
    Mkay, I promised to tap out on my thumbnails the train station story, so here it is.

I try to catch an historical site every weekend, since I'm new to this area, and there's so much to take in. I'd seen the sign for the Historical Milton-Hudson Train Station many times, and turned in. That road lead to a t, with no further sign to lead the way. I followed my natural inclination, and made a right. After about a mile, I decided to pull up a map, and see if it was plotted. I saw what was the obvious location, and my Onyx GPS led me to it. There was but one vehicle out front, and the road/parking lot was rough at best, but it looked right, and there was a plaque on the building where I pulled in. I walked through the open door to a barren room, and found a carpenter there, who looked to be wrapping up his day.

Assuring me I had found the place, he proceeded to give me a tour. The bathrooms unfortunately had to be remodeled to meet with current code, so while they were the only thing done, photogenic they were not. A serious disappointment to say the least. Wainscoting was floor to ceiling, and that while restored was representative of the original look. I noticed many areas of the floor had been covered prior, and found out the station had been converted into a winery, which it was for many years. He then took me into the maintenance side, where the winery had used the room for storage, and the basement was a cellar. Had the lighting been better, I'd have taken some pics of the structure in there. The beams were amazing, and the old doors that let the train cars inside were too. I did manage the pic of the hinge, and the cellar entrance way.

The outside was still rough as well, but I'll get some pictures of it next visit. Nothing fancy about it, though just the construction itself I was enjoying.

I was looking at the watchman"s shack. He told me it was an original building, that one of the women had located about 15 miles away. It had been passed around through the years, and was one of three known to exist. The windows are going to be reinstalled, but the roof was not done to spec, as the expense was just too great. Somewhere between $20 and 30K. There was a lot of lead in the old wood on it, so just taking that off and putting the tar shingles on was an effort. The watchmen would basically live in that shack all year, and walk the tracks checking for fallen rock. Heck of a job I must say.

So the restoration project is now four years in the making, and another three years estimated to go. While federally funded, all the work is voluntary, and takes place only on Saturdays.

They had removed one entire building the winery had there, along with what was referred to as an average bar at best.

I wasn't really thinking about the story that unfolded, as I walked around looking at what's just blah right now, but I'll go back soon and lend some images to the tale.

Posted from my �berSupercharged Onyx at Idon'tneednostinkin'mobileview.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 07:58 PM

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    Photo courtesy my hotrod Onyx
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 07-14-10 at 06:43 AM.
    07-14-10 06:31 AM
    Mkay, I promised to tap out on my thumbnails the train station story, so here it is.
    Thanks for the story. Turning the train station into a winery is very interesting. I can't imagine working a job that I would walk up and down the tracks looking for fallen rocks all day.
    07-14-10 08:08 AM
    Rather large insect on my window. Love the macro on my phone.

07-16-10 05:41 PM
    My black widow would totally pwn your mosquito hawk but at night and with a flash (and wanting to hurry and stomp this thing), my camera can't hold up to that shot of yours...

07-16-10 06:43 PM
1,090 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD