ok so lets get the reasoning behind this question out of the way. ive always had an obessive personalty. when i got in to music alot i wanted to know every last detail about the bands i was listning to. from there it got worse, from clothing to cars to electronics to things as small as energy drinks. ive had this uncontralible urge to be loyal to franchises or brands for no real reason for years. this came up because after 7 years of procrastination i decided to finish my sleve and one of the "filler" designs i came up with included the blackberry logo. now this worried me for two reasons, first the sleve is susposed to be music related mainly slipknot with other influnces in my life as fillers. i was looking at the design and wondered why i would throw a cell phone company logo on there. i love all my current and previous blackberrys but i thought am i really loyal to this company, i mean i talked my brother into an iphone because honestly hes not really smart enough to use a blackberry to its full potential. second i really dont think putting a company logo that you dont have really any affiliation to on your body is an over all bad idea. but it got me thinking and honestlly i cant imagine my life without a blackberry. i mean im not too atached to the 9700 but the thought of not having a blackberry bothers me for some reason. i really like the htc evo but i could never bring my self to move to an android platform. so i guess my questions are does anyone else have this problem and how do these brands create this loyality or is it just something wrong with me.
    06-04-10 06:25 PM
    you're just messed up
    06-04-10 06:27 PM
    thats what i thought
    06-04-10 06:27 PM
    or is it just something wrong with me.
    Just something wrong with you.
    06-04-10 06:28 PM
    Are you loyal to the company or the product? There's a difference. All you've really said is you love your phone, but what about RIM? Sure the phone is an extension of the company but it's not the company by any means.

I love LCD monitors but those things cause strife and death in the 3rd world as people scramble to collect rare Earth elements from rivers to fuel their production and the companies who make them know this.

Can I live without the LCD monitor? No. Can I live without LG? Yep.

Can I live without constant war in other counties? Ah... well, I'll get back to you after I finish drooling over the videos of death and destruction raining over said countries. I rather like those videos.
    06-04-10 06:31 PM
    Are you loyal to the company or the product? There's a difference. All you've really said is you love your phone, but what about RIM? Sure the phone is an extension of the company but it's not the company by any means.

I love LCD monitors but those things cause strife and death in the 3rd world as people scramble to collect rare Earth elements from rivers to fuel their production and the companies who make them know this.

Can I live without the LCD monitor? No. Can I live without LG? Yep.

Can I live without constant war in other counties? Ah... well, I'll get back to you after I finish drooling over the videos of death and destruction raining over said countries. I rather like those videos.
    could i buy a phone that wasnt from rim, sure, but only if it was running a blackberry os and used the same form factor. as far as every thing else goes i couldnt bring my self to a lcd monitor that wasnt made by sony i couldnt buy a car that wasnt a nissan, i cant buy a computer that isnt an hp i cant buy deorant that isnt old spice. my problem my be more complex than you think. as far as your war joke goes i guess i could live with out wars in other countries but that would make life rather boring.
    06-04-10 06:48 PM
    could i buy a phone that wasnt from rim, sure, but only if it was running a blackberry os and used the same form factor. as far as every thing else goes i couldnt bring my self to a lcd monitor that wasnt made by sony i couldnt buy a car that wasnt a nissan, i cant buy a computer that isnt an hp i cant buy deorant that isnt old spice. my problem my be more complex than you think. as far as your war joke goes i guess i could live with out wars in other countries but that would make life rather boring.
    What're you gonna do then when RIM comes out with a whole new OS for their BlackBerries? AKA OS6?
    06-04-10 06:56 PM
    What're you gonna do then when RIM comes out with a whole new OS for their BlackBerries? AKA OS6?
    thats fine with me ive been through alot of bb os's. its not like their going to ditch bbm or email intgration for bb6. i dont have a problem with change in general i seem to have a problem with changing franchises or brands.
    06-04-10 07:00 PM
    A joke, I wish.

To narrow it down a little maybe you have just found a system that fits your needs. Nothing wrong with that. So to determine if it's brand loyalty or not just ask yourself if you would stick with them if their quality dropped to zero and the OS was sent back 10 years.

Or would you jump ship? People who are loyal to a brand overlook obvious shortcomings in products. Now in all seriousness I don't mean to flame, but iPhone initially had no copy and paste and some other nice features. The ones who stuck with it for the most part had serious brand loyalty while others who got it just couldn't stand it even though they liked Apple.

It's up to each person really.
    06-04-10 07:04 PM
    im sure i will be using a blackberry untill the day bis and bes go offline for good. even then i will probablly hold on to there most recient device at that time as long as i can. well i guess your right it is a system that works for me even though i feel like im missing out on some great features of other platforms. its good to know im not "compleatly insane". a mod can close this topic if they wish to.
    06-04-10 07:11 PM
    ok so lets get the reasoning behind this question out of the way. ive always had an obessive personalty. when i got in to music alot i wanted to know every last detail about the bands i was listning to. from there it got worse, from clothing to cars to electronics to things as small as energy drinks. ive had this uncontralible urge to be loyal to franchises or brands for no real reason for years. this came up because after 7 years of procrastination i decided to finish my sleve and one of the "filler" designs i came up with included the blackberry logo. now this worried me for two reasons, first the sleve is susposed to be music related mainly slipknot with other influnces in my life as fillers. i was looking at the design and wondered why i would throw a cell phone company logo on there. i love all my current and previous blackberrys but i thought am i really loyal to this company, i mean i talked my brother into an iphone because honestly hes not really smart enough to use a blackberry to its full potential. second i really dont think putting a company logo that you dont have really any affiliation to on your body is an over all bad idea. but it got me thinking and honestlly i cant imagine my life without a blackberry. i mean im not too atached to the 9700 but the thought of not having a blackberry bothers me for some reason. i really like the htc evo but i could never bring my self to move to an android platform. so i guess my questions are does anyone else have this problem and how do these brands create this loyality or is it just something wrong with me.
    You suffer from OCD!

Robin
    06-16-10 03:56 PM
    You suffer from OCD!

Robin
    I concur. And not to mention a little sociopathic with the admission of being bored without wars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD