Just like history.. racism is deep rooted and probably be here until the planet blows up. I myself have nothing against anyone.

But I'm certainly pleased to see someone younger than the fossils that have been in office prior other than Clinton as he was fairly younger than some of those nursing home bound fossils.
    HAHAHA....I agree metal. I personally didnt think like either of them, but respect to Obama...he did it......hooray for socialsim!
    11-05-08 05:54 AM
    whoa now, just cause im a republican doesnt mean i like bush!
    11-05-08 04:29 PM
    Come back to life by taxing corporations more? I rather doubt that. Force layoffs or more outsourcing or cause more expensive products

I would give Obama a chance if he were conservative and not anti-firearm. Combine him with the likes of Pelosi or similar and we're in trouble.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    EXCUSE YOU ! Nancy Pelosi is MY COUSIN
    11-05-08 04:54 PM
    i GUESS MY REQUEST TO KEEP THIS THREAD POSITIVE FELL ON DEAF EARS!!!
    11-05-08 05:04 PM
    i GUESS MY REQUEST TO KEEP THIS THREAD POSITIVE FELL ON DEAF EARS!!!
    Actually it wasn't even close to the ears, it landed in the eyes which had to be flushed with water. I'll send the bill.

11-05-08 05:08 PM
    it could have been worse
    11-05-08 05:09 PM
    Nah, only on deaf ears of some. But I made a positive note I got a laugh out of someone.
    11-05-08 05:09 PM
    Congrats to Obama, he wiped the floor with my party. Thank George for handing over the reigns to Nancy Pelosi and Howard Dean and Harry Reid. Oh well i hope he stays more center than left and i pray he is a good a leader as a speaker!

To bad i couldn't make this happen...Want a good laugh look at the link...I am famous!

http://www.cnnbcvideo.com/video.shtml?nid=oCYqk.RMFNUwgY8YOXuFKDEzNjk2NQ--

hahahahahahahahahaaha!
    11-05-08 05:19 PM
    For the record also, anyone who makes it out to be a race between a white guy and a black guy is racist. The color of a persons skin shouldn't have ever been made into an issue as its irrelevant versus the persons idealogies which are relevant.

The only thing that should have mattered what so ever was a liberal/democrat vs a conservative/republican. Anything beyond it is racist.

Just like when I refer to my friends, I don't think of them as my black, white, mexican, or asian friends, I simply think of them as my friends.

Until this country can stop looking at the world racially things will never be right. That goes the same for blacks, latinos, asians, as well as whites, etc. It seems like the media likes to portray whites as the only people who can be racist, which is obviously very wrong.

The media's portrayal of the Presidential race as being black vs white was racist. Nobody is offended by that blatant racism, which I find offensive. We're all equal, so let's keep our ethnicity out of it and focus on our actions and ideals. Making a big deal out of peoples' ethnicity is one way racism continues to flourish. I find it demeaning to refer to President Elect Obama as the first black President. I'd be offended if I were him for making it look like ethnicity was what won the election for him instead of his merits and political leanings.

Anyhow congratulations to President Elect Obama. Not my choice but deserving respect.

Also, shame on the media for perpetruating racism.

How do you not understand the significance of a black man as our President? It's not racism at all. It just goes to show you how far this country has come. Just as a woman getting into office would have been huge so is it for a Black man.

This is history. Don't downplay the significance of the first black man in the history of the US to become president. I think your being pretty insensitive. Ethnicity didnt win it for him and nobody is saying that. How you came up with that I will never know. Don't know what news station you were watching.

When he is inaugurated that will be a HUGE moment for Black people around the country and righfully so. Remember they were the folks who were not allowed to vote or eat and drink as the same places whites could. Put the shoe on the other foot.

I never believed that America was a country of racist. Sure they exist. They exist everywhere around the world. But Americans have spoken and they did NOT let race get in the way. It's a victory for all Americans, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian you name it. It's a victory for all of us.
    11-05-08 05:45 PM
    The problem of racism is people thinking skin color or background is important, so yes, I do believe that people focusing on the fact that he is black is racist.

We will not be over racism until he's no longer a black man but is merely thought of as a man. I'm sorry but classifying people based on skin color/background is racist.

11-05-08 05:54 PM
    Classic faint Sandy. The new mantra nowadays is for some people to say people of color are racist simply for bringing the subject up. The fact remains racism is very much alive in our country. People are still routinely pulled over for driving while black. Jail sentences are still dispportionally higher for African Americans, and jobs are still being withheld.

I is monumental that an African American was elected President. There is nothing wrong with letting the African American community rejoice the moment. What makes it so sweet is that he was elected because of his message and stand on the issues. He would not have won without the support from all of us who voted for him.

All of the horror stories people on your side keep bringing up are simply not true. He is a pragmatist who will govern from the middle. It is what he consistently said during the campaign -- you would know this if you had paid attention to what he said instead of criticizing. The advisors he is surrounding himself with are not a bunch of wild eyed liberals, again you'd know this if you had paid attention. Too bad for you, the Democrats won across the board. Get used to it, we have a lot of work to do to straighten out the mess left by the Right.

11-05-08 07:39 PM
    People of color? Nice. I'm just saying everyone who looks at and classifys an individual by color is racist. Until we as a nation can get beyond seeing white people, black people, latino people and just see people, racism will always exist.

The only way to fix things are to unilaterally trim about 75% of the laws on the books, and make congress part time.

11-05-08 09:35 PM
    I live around a lot of Black people and a lot of Latinos work in the food service business. I notice a lot of Asian tourist on Rodeo drive. Am I racist?

11-05-08 10:26 PM
    I didn't support the man but I accept that he's going to be the next president. I'll give him the respect of the office that President Bush didn't get from those that opposed him for the last 7 years.

I truly hope he's effective in a positive way that benefits us all.
    i fully agree with this statement.
    11-05-08 10:31 PM
    sandman; what in the name of God's heavenly galaxies are you talking about?

To put it into perspective; referring to Obama as 'black'; is just as inaccurate as you saying that referring to his mixed ethnicity/race..is racist. You're wrong.

1.) What is wrong is labeling Obama 'black', 'African American'..when in actuality he is 50% white, 50% black. So referring to Obama as black/African-American signals the conscious/unconscious roots of the American psyche...many feel if you have a drop of 'black' blood in you; whether it be 1% or 50% as Obama has...that you're conclusively BLACK. Wrong.

2.) To not notate the historic level of this election year and the candidate who won it all at the end...is no less deceiving than touching a hot stove and saying you touched ice.

11-05-08 10:42 PM
    Gotta agree with def here.

11-05-08 10:49 PM
    I couldn't care less what the man's ethnicity is, it isn't the point. The news made a huge deal about the ethnicity and/or color of the man's skin, not me. To me he was simply the Democratic candidate. Just a man, no more or less of a man than anyone else.

He is now the President-elect.

Why is it important to classify people by color these days if we're not being racist? Again, not me doing it, the media ran with it during the entire campaign, when it just wasn't relevant.

11-05-08 11:36 PM
    I couldn't care less what the man's ethnicity is, it isn't the point. The news made a huge deal about the ethnicity and/or color of the man's skin, not me. To me he was simply the Democratic candidate. Just a man, no more or less of a man than anyone else.

He is now the President-elect.

Why is it important to classify people by color these days if we're not being racist? Again, not me doing it, the media ran with it during the entire campaign, when it just wasn't relevant.

Racism isn't racism unless someone is directly/indirectly/adversely/vicariously affected by the act of racism.

For example, a murderer is truly a murderer when he either commits the murder with the intent to do it (1st degree), or murders someone unintentionally (2nd degree). One is not a murderer just because he tells people he's one.

When the conversion of ideology is placed into action...that is when racism has occurred; only when there is a transfer of ideology into action(s). Ideology alone isn't racism.

11-05-08 11:52 PM
    Racism isn't racism unless someone is directly/indirectly/adversely/vicariously affected by the act of racism.

For example, a murderer is truly a murderer when he either commits the murder with the intent to do it (1st degree), or murders someone unintentionally (2nd degree). One is not a murderer just because he tells people he's one.

When the conversion of ideology is placed into action...that is when racism has occurred; only when there is a transfer of ideology into action(s). Ideology alone isn't racism.

I object on the grounds of relevance.

Murder has nothing to do with the argument I'm making.

Hi-def, let me ask you this:
    Do you consider your white, black, latino, asian friends as white friends, black friends, latino friends, and asian friendss or do you think of them as simply your friends? Why would you need to bring their ethnicity into it?

My friends are just friends, not classified by skin color and ethnnicity. I am suggesting that until you see people as people instead of (description based on ethnicity) people, I submit that I believe it is racist whether it effects them or not.

I am suggesting that until we can have a candidate run against another candidate without the need to point out the ethnicity of either candidate, racism is still alive and well. When we get to that point, we'll know because people will no longer even think to consider the ethnicity or color of the candidates.

11-06-08 12:09 AM
    where has this thread gone??
    11-06-08 12:13 AM
    Ok forget it I'm done messing this thread up. I'll start a new thread about it to discuss this topic and explain myself. Will do that in the morning.

11-06-08 12:22 AM
    bought my plane ticket to Canada earlier
    cya there a round of Labbatt blue for everyone eh
    11-06-08 02:05 AM
    cya there a round of Labbatt blue for everyone eh
    hahaha!!
    hey but i didnt vote for him, but i did however get a kick outta this
    11-06-08 07:51 AM
    sandman; I think you're trying too hard to make a rather logically moot discussion on race/racism...into something more complicated than it is.

You bring up the example of friends; more specifically..friends of different ethnicities/race. I'm glad that you brought this example up...I will prove my point as I tried previously; using a construct of your own logic: the friends example.

My argument is that racism is racism NOT when it exists in one's mind; but rather when it's put into action by way of what exists in one's mind. If a person's racist ideology stays in their heads and isn't converted into action...it's not racism/racist.

If I had racist pinnings in my head; and chose my friends based on those adversions to certain race/ethnicities...I would be a racist. However if I had those racist definitions in my head; and still hung out with different races..simply for the sake of 'not looking racist' to others; I wouldn't be racist. In this case; I'd be a person living a lie to others of how I really felt; but don't show it/act on it. There are MANY people like this...thank God they don't have the 'guts' to act on their inner, thinly-veiled racism. There are A LOT on these boards as well.

-Hi-Def
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 11-06-08 at 09:26 AM.
    11-06-08 09:24 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD