Imagine this: past the check-in counters at airports there is a very basic hotel, where all you get is a bed like in a train's sleeping carriage which costs about five dollars an hour. You can request individual rooms for privacy or family, but it would cost a little bit more.

Instead of having a bathroom for each customer, there will be a central one (two actually. Men and womens) that contains a change room with pay showers (you do not have to pay for a bed to use the change room or shower).

You pay by the hour and you can request being awoken if there is an update about your flight. You do get awoken when your time is up and your plane is boarding.

Optionally there can be a "cafeteria" which contains vending machines for frozen dinners and breakfasts and a microwave.

Would any of you ever use such a service?
    04-25-13 11:48 PM
    Sounds interesting to me. I know many businesses are doing stuff like this on their campuses. (for free of course as a benefit for their employees)
    05-04-13 08:52 PM
    On one of my trips I ended up with a layover of four hours after midnight. It would've been awesome if I could've been able to just pay for a ber for four hours, instead of $100 for a full night in the nearest and cheapest hotel, which I didn't end up using because my plane was late.
    05-05-13 03:15 PM
    Yes this could work in major train and airports. Sounds like a good idea to me.
    05-06-13 08:08 AM