I got my concealed carry pistol permit here in Alabama yesterday. I have carried openly before with no problems, but prefer to carry concealed.

So my questions to the Crackberry members who exercise your second amendment right....

1. Do you carry concealed or openly?

2. Also what type of pistol you you have?

I have the Ruger SR9

Hope this is an ok topic for the off topic section.
    03-17-10 09:27 AM
    I don't own a pistol of any kind but if I did I would carry it concealed. I have alread taken a NRA course so that I can eventually apply for my concealed weapons permit. However, I doubt I ever will.

In todays society, I think openly carrying your weapon is just going to cause a lot of fear and upset to those around you. Also, many places(in Maine) do not allow you to bring a weapon into their facility, even if you have a permit.

In Maine, I can walk down the road carrying whatever weapons I want. Do I exercise that? Not very often but I have.
    03-17-10 09:39 AM
    I plan to get my CCW permit soon. I don't think we're allowed to carry openly in CA. Concealed is fine by me. I don't have a handgun yet but I wouldn't mind getting a Taurus .357. My buddy has one and I've shot it a few times. Nice revolver.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 09:40 AM
    Yeah when I have carried openly I have had those OMG looks but never any problems with it, But i can completely see where that fear would come in. I am going to look for holsters this weekend for concealed carry.
    03-17-10 09:45 AM
    Ohio is a really goofy state. It is a Open Carry state, but they are extremely anti-open carry and charge people with "inducing panic" a lot. so i CC.

Taurus PT111Pro,

Winchester SRX 9 147gr hollow points.

03-17-10 11:49 AM
    I carry concealed but in an OWB holster. MI is technically an open carry state and I'm not overly concerned if it prints a little or if the bottom of the holster is exposed if I reach up or something. I tend to wear longer button down shirts untucked and mostly unbuttoned.

I either pocket carry an SW MP360 (air weight chief's special) in .357mag or owb carry a few other guns, but primarily a Springfield XDm 9mm.

Congratulations on your new permit. I'd encourage anyone who can get one to get one.

03-17-10 02:23 PM
    I got my concealed carry pistol permit here in Alabama yesterday. I have carried openly before with no problems, but prefer to carry concealed.

So my questions to the Crackberry members who exercise your second amendment right....

1. Do you carry concealed or openly?

2. Also what type of pistol you you have?

I have the Ruger SR9

Hope this is an ok topic for the off topic section.
    concealed carry

Glock model 27
    04-28-10 06:32 PM
    Concealed. That way the bad guys have no idea who's carrying. Maybe it could be a crime deterent.

S&W .357
    04-28-10 06:41 PM
    I carry concealed and wish everyone did. A criminal that sees a gun will move on.
    A criminal who has to constantly wonder if their prey is packing is less inclined to
    take the chance.

My weapons depend on what I am wearing. Normally it is a Colt 1991A1. When I
    need to go smaller it is a Walther PPK/S. My favorite guns however are my
    Browning Hi-Power and Kimber Compact .45 ACP
    04-28-10 07:06 PM
    Concealed.
    04-28-10 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD