I thought about this and talked briefly about it in another section of the forum, and wanted to elaborate on my idea. Please let me know what you think and how to improve this.

Close-up of a full touchscreen device running popular games (Candy Crush Soda, Minion Rush, Trivia Crack etc.) as it slowly zooms out. Switch to some banking app, then to a retail store app (Walmart, Target etc.), essentially applications the average person would recognize at a glance. One after the other on the screen as it zooms out showing them running on a Z3/Rio with no BlackBerry branding on it. As the zoom out continues, the Passport and the Classic show on its left and right running the same apps as the first device. Then the three are shown side by side in full zoom out as a voice says "what you expect...". Directly after this the three devices spin around and show the BlackBerry logo on the back with a slight glow to them as the voice says "In a place you didn't expect." The camera zooms back in on the Passport to show some UI elements of BlackBerry 10, slides over to the Rio to show off some more games, then to the Classic to show the trackpad and buttons being used (a little glow on each of these as they function) and then the camera does a quick zoom out to a BlackBerry logo and the voice says "Take a new look at BlackBerry".

It's a layered approach: show consumers something they recognize for comfort and familiarity, then show a selection of devices with the same capabilities meaning there's a choice without losing functionality, and finish up with showcasing BlackBerry 10's advantages as well as the fact that this isn't the same BlackBerry most people think of from 2008.

I think it could work, but what do you think could be added or changed to make this kind of commercial more effective?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:48 PM
    Sounds like your typical BB commercials. No Emotions. The only thing missing. Humanize it somehow and it would be a winner.
    02-10-15 04:15 PM
    How about this?

There's a guy playing an Android game sitting in a local park. A friend of his (male or female) walks by and sees him playing. "Finally got an Android phone I see..." to which the man simply smiles at the camera like he has a secret. Cut to the board room, where the man's boss (again, male or female) comments on his productivity and cooperation improving ever since he upgraded to a new Android device to which he again gives a knowing smile to the camera. Finally, he goes out to a local hotspot with his friends and they ask him to take a picture of all of them. He starts with a selfie in with all his friends, then gathers them to get a picture of the group in front of the bar. The picture is of his shocked friends when they notice the BlackBerry logo on the back of his Rio/Z3/Z30. Afterwards, he turns to look at the camera over his shoulder and gives that knowing smile one more time. Then the voice over comes in: "What you expect in a place you don't expect." Cut to a shot of the Passport, Rio, and Classic with the same UI, gameplay and trackpad stuff from the previous idea as the voice over says "Take a new look at Blackberry."

How's that sound?
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    02-10-15 04:27 PM
    I like it!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 10:13 PM
    I got a bunch of these. I have been watching TV my whole life, and I know what makes a good commercial of nearly any type. Now all that necessary is BlackBerry to get to a place where they can make this commercial!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 11:00 PM
    Very nice

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 11:26 PM
    I like it, better than what they currently have. Now go get a job with BlackBerry marketing!

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    02-10-15 11:31 PM
    If Canada wasn't so cold in the winter, I'd consider it!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    02-10-15 11:54 PM