I know this may sound geeky but oh well.
    How many of you excited about all the new comic book superhero movies coming out. Hulk, Batman, Wolverine, Gi Joe, Transformers 2 etc...
    I for one am excited it like all my childhood heroes coming to life.
    What do you guys think about iron man and the hulk are going to be tied in together to form an avengers movie???

Share discuss your thoughts on anything comic book superhero movie related.
    06-19-08 03:21 PM
    my boyfriend and i are dressing up as Harley Quinn and the Joker to go to the Dark Knight premiere lol
    06-19-08 03:41 PM
    Thats going to be cool, hope you post some pics here. Harley Quinn is my fav female character.
    06-19-08 03:45 PM
    You and Kevin Smith...let's hope you don't have babies anytime soon...hahahaha

Im the hugest comic book geek around here...cant WAIT for the new flicks coming out!
    06-19-08 03:50 PM
    LOL! I thought I was the only one into comics or superhero movies around here.
    I am excited about how Marvel is putting together Iron Man/Hulk movie together to bring them all into one movie.
    I hope Captain america or Thor is next.
    06-19-08 04:05 PM
    Yep, from what I hear, the timeline for The Avengers movie is late 2010, after a Hulk 2 and Iron Man 2 and a Captain America movie...
    Havent heard anything about Thor yet, they may just bring him in for The Avengers instead of giving him his own flick...but Ant Man is getting one...
    06-19-08 04:14 PM
    Ant Man...hmmmmm a lil sketchy about that one.
    Marvel is doing such a waaay better job than DC is doing, about having each one have their own movie then combining them to one. A justice league movie would fail right about now.
    Also can't wait for Gi Joe next year.
    06-19-08 04:28 PM
    From what they have announced, Ant-Man, Thor, and Cap plus possibly a few others are getting their own movies that all tie into the Avengers film.

My favorite part so far is that Cap will be a period piece set in the '40s/'50s, true to the origin. My prediction is that the Cap movie will end with him being frozen and the Avengers movie (which is scheduled to release 6 weeks after Cap!) will begin with them finding ol Cap and thawing him out.
    06-20-08 03:09 AM
    Used to be a big Marvel fan, but when my fav artist moved to Image, I jumped shipped. It's funny that this thread popped up because I am thinking of unloading my entire collection of comics.

I didn't know there were plans for a G.I. Joe movie? Any actos/actresses slated to play any parts or is this just in the talk phase?

Luigi - Dying for another X-Men with more of Colossal/Gambit/Jubilee. With a hint of X-Factor and X-Force. We need X-tinction agenda in movie form. LET'S GO!!!
    06-20-08 09:59 AM
    I use imdb.com for my movie news...no more XMen movies Im thinking...at least not til the Wolverine movie has premiered and bombed...

As for actual reading of comics, Id say Im about perfect split on Marvel VS. DC titles Im interested in...I read a TON of other imprints and independents.

Havent read much about the GI Joe movie...never really was my thing...I was more into G1 Transformers, Micro Machines, Masters of the Universe and comic-based cartoons. I hated the way no one ever really died in the GI Joe cartoon...stuff blows up and everyone magically has a parachute or jumps out of the way...hahaha.
    06-20-08 11:01 AM
    Used to be a big Marvel fan, but when my fav artist moved to Image, I jumped shipped. It's funny that this thread popped up because I am thinking of unloading my entire collection of comics.

I didn't know there were plans for a G.I. Joe movie? Any actos/actresses slated to play any parts or is this just in the talk phase?

Luigi - Dying for another X-Men with more of Colossal/Gambit/Jubilee. With a hint of X-Factor and X-Force. We need X-tinction agenda in movie form. LET'S GO!!!
    For the Gi joe movie: G.I. Joe (2009)

As for another xmen movie its not going to happened. The only reason why Iron man and the hulk is so good and true to comics is because marvel studios is doing the movie. xmen and wolverins is produced by FOX studios. Captain American should be tied in with the wolverine movie but he can't due to the different companies. As for gambit, and deadpool they are making cameo's in the new wolverine movie.
    06-20-08 11:28 AM
    In searching for good WPs, I noticed there's apparently going to be an appearance of Deadpool in the Wolverine movie...played by Ryan Reynolds
    Screw Wolverine...they need to do a whole MOVIE with him!!!
    06-27-08 03:28 PM
    It's an exciting time for Comic book fans to be sure. I'm really looking forward to the next Punisher, though I wish Thomas Jane had reprised his role.
    06-27-08 04:48 PM
    I don't think anyone could do as good a job as Thomas Jane did as the Punisher.
    I wish they couldve caught him in time to make him the Gunslinger in the upcoming Dark Tower movie(s).

The rumor I'm most interested in right now, comic-to-movie wise, is Tim Roth as Spider Jerusalem in Transmetropolitan. If you've never read or heard of this comic find it and read it. Its an amazing series and done right, could blow up in theaters. Especially with Tim Roth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD