Just wanted to vent. I work from home, so reliable and fast internet is a must. I upload files to clients daily. Well, I have had a problem recently and after them trying to reset my modem (/rolleyes) and finding no issue on "their end" they finally are sending a crew out to find out why my entire block has speeds like this:
    08-01-10 02:06 PM
    Comcast sucks. I hate them so much, but they control my whole area. I wish they would bump up there speeds.
    08-01-10 02:12 PM
    I know. FIOS pulled out of here, so they are all thats left; besides Clear ect, but thats not what I need. I really wish there was some competition.
    08-01-10 02:21 PM
    I don't even think FIOS is in my area yet. I could get satellite (Dish or direct tv) but I don't want any of that.
    08-01-10 02:50 PM
    Comcast. Biggest joke out there
    08-01-10 05:22 PM
    The only complaint I have on Comcast is the price. But some of my classmates say if I ask I can get it lowered. So I will be there tomorrow after class.

Dish or Directv internet is like having dial-up IMO.

Fios is ok. It's not all that. Plus you are locked into a contract. With Comcast you can drop them at any time.
    08-01-10 05:26 PM
    I hate Comcast. With a passion. I used to have Charter and loved every minute of it. Comcast, I even hated calling to get set up on them. Monopolies were illegal I thought?
    08-01-10 05:58 PM
    I think it depends on location. I had both directv and At&t DSL and they both were unreliable in my area. Comcast has been rock solid for the most part and their package deals aren't bad. I get very good up down speeds with them as well:

Last edited by darreno1; 08-01-10 at 08:41 PM.
    08-01-10 08:37 PM
    Thats what I should be getting. Something is borked in their neighborhood hub here. Its been intolerable lately and it would be devastating for my business if I couldn't tether in the meantime.
    08-02-10 01:25 AM
    Seems like a bad area. Here are results from work:

08-02-10 10:14 AM

Sorry to hear that
    08-02-10 11:01 AM
    I have had both Comcast and FIOS. I wish I could go back to Comcast. FIOS customer service SUCKS---I was on the phone one night for two hours----I got hung up on, refused supervisors, and was treated downright rudely. I had the names of everyone and wanted to file a complaint----I was told they do not have a complaint department and all complaints go through the PUC. You wait on hold FOREVER and then a person will answer---their only job is put you back in the cue. FIOS SUCKS - VIVA LA COMCAST!!!!!
    08-02-10 11:46 AM

Sorry to hear that
    That would be nice

Oh yah, and eff you ;p
    08-02-10 07:48 PM