To be honest I'm just glad the Oregon teams have decided to take a seat at the big boy table after a number of bad years

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 01:29 PM
    This thread would not be complete without GO GATORS !!
    04-11-08 01:55 PM
    You are absolutely on the money...I may have gone a little over board, I just have a lot of passion when it comes to college football as others do here. That's what most of us love about College football, it's all about the heart and hunger, unlike the NFL.
    I will agree with you there. It can get kind of ugly around here with inner state rivalry during civil war time. But I have to laugh when someone tries to pick on either one of the schools and they join together. As soon as that is over they go back to attacking each other.

I will always root for the ducks except if it effects the beavers negatively somehow.
    04-11-08 02:02 PM
    All I have to say is ROLL TIDE!!!
    04-11-08 02:05 PM
    I will agree with you there. It can get kind of ugly around here with inner state rivalry during civil war time. But I have to laugh when someone tries to pick on either one of the schools and they join together. As soon as that is over they go back to attacking each other.

I will always root for the ducks except if it effects the beavers negatively somehow.
    you are so right on. We're like siblings constantly arguing but as soon as one gets attacked from the outside the other is right there to defend them. I've been around a number of rivalries but never one like Oregon / Oregon State. My wife went to UCLA - hates USC with a passion. And would never ever dream of defending them. Yet us state of Oregon fans will defend both schools from the outside like crazy.
    04-11-08 02:20 PM
    Now back on topic,

The ducks are awful.

04-11-08 02:53 PM
    University of Florida student here...

any Buckeyes feel bitter? Twice over?
    04-11-08 03:15 PM
    Husker fan trying to sneak in without catching too much grief. Yeah, we pretty much screwed the pooch last season. BUT!! With Bo back in the Big Red, I think we're actually going to "play" this year. Hey! We may even win a game or two...
    04-11-08 04:13 PM
    Oh your talking about 2 of the biggest accomplishments OSU football has ever achieved, since "The Giant Killers"? Werent the beavers in a 28yr drought before the 01' game? LoL what glory you beavers have to hold on to..LoL "Zip Boom Bee! S.A.C.!"

Speaking of the past and "Glroy" as well as "knowing roles" I have a few questions for you son, all about Football of course, you beavers do know what football is right?:
    How many National Titles do the beavers have?
    How many Hesiman Trophy winners do the beavers have?
    How many All Americans have the beavers produced?
    How many total wins do the beaves have?
    What is the beavers total winning percentage?
    How many Pro Football Hall of Famer's have the beavers produced?

Exactly why your mascot is a Beaver. When your schools Football team actually grows a pair that is noticeable by the nation...come back and talk to us kid.
    Blah Blah Blah
    04-11-08 04:13 PM
    Blah Blah Blah
    that's funny
    04-11-08 04:30 PM
    Yellow Jackets!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-11-08 04:32 PM
    you are so right on. We're like siblings constantly arguing but as soon as one gets attacked from the outside the other is right there to defend them. I've been around a number of rivalries but never one like Oregon / Oregon State. My wife went to UCLA - hates USC with a passion. And would never ever dream of defending them. Yet us state of Oregon fans will defend both schools from the outside like crazy.
    I will cheer for the Ducks all but once a year. LOL That is what makes the Oregon Oregon State rivalry so unique.
    04-11-08 06:22 PM
    Let's Go IRISH!!

04-11-08 09:46 PM
    Notre Dame has slowly become an "also-ran" in the world of college football. Old Charlie is in way over his head and his contract makes it near impossible for the Golden Domers to roll him out of town. It's actually kind of hard to watch. On the other hand the most dominant team of the '90's and a true traditional powerhouse is my beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers. Happy days are here again...stay tuned!
    04-11-08 11:04 PM
    I'll believe happy days are here again when the Cornhuskers can show they can play some defense. Everybody ran right over them last year.

04-11-08 11:08 PM
    I agree GARZ. But, please note that our new head coach just led LSU's defense to a National Championship. It all starts with the D. We will be back on track in no time!
    04-11-08 11:17 PM
    Yep I agree as well. Great D will make a great team. Callahan had to go.

04-11-08 11:20 PM
    Yep I agree as well. Great D will make a great team. Callahan had to go.

Not a husker fan but it was sad to see what had happened to mighty black shirts.
    04-11-08 11:23 PM
    Sad doesn't even begin to describe it. Watching other great programs rise and fall....never thought it would happen hear in a million years. It did though. Remember, we have no professional teams here. The Huskers are the only show in town. Callahan had no idea what he was getting into. He thought he would roll in, get a couple of good seasons under his belt, and head back to the League. But we have a "players coach" now, along with a motivated and skilled staff. And don't forget, arguably the greatest college football coach of all time, Tom Osborne, as our AD. They will right the big red ship!
    04-11-08 11:42 PM
    Notre Dame is doing incrediblu well in the Frozen Four!!

04-12-08 08:28 AM
    You know I can't stand the state of Florida when it comes to football I mean they are almost always in th the top ten and really never really earn that ranking

04-13-08 05:38 PM
    War Eagle!
    04-13-08 10:14 PM
    You know I can't stand the state of Florida when it comes to football I mean they are almost always in th the top ten and really never really earn that ranking

I don't know about that. FSU and Miami have always been pretty good. I will say that UF is sometimes overrated but still I think they have earned it
    04-13-08 11:04 PM
    Here's my overrated/underrated question. Why when SEC teams beat the crap out of each other and top teams lose is it because "the SEC is so good", but when Pac 10 teams beat the crap out of each other and top teams lose is it because "the Pac 10 is bad"? Doesn't seem fair to me.
    04-14-08 01:54 PM
    Nebraska will have 84,000+ at their spring game this weekend. Holy crap!
    04-17-08 08:36 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD