I used to work in Starbucks, and I used to make a French Toast latte with the maple syrup. I don't think they have the different syrups now, but it was so good!
    12-02-08 11:33 PM
    I'm a simple type of dude.I walk in Starbucks and just say grande Coffee with cream,liquid sugar.
    I'm a simple type of girl. I walk into Starbucks and before I get to the register they have my drink waiting for me. I'm frequent

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 01:37 AM
    It's the Holidays Again!!!

1/4 cup instant espresso powder
    2 1/2 cups light brown sugar
    1 cup water
    1/4 cup whole coffee beans of your choice
    3 cups brandy
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Sip...Savor...enjoy...
    12-03-08 03:18 AM
    I like the blended frapuccino with whipped cream .

At home I have a Tassimo machine and I like the Expresso Latte
    12-03-08 12:37 PM
    My current cup contains 40% Organic Sumatra Mahndeling roasted to a full city roast, 40% Ethiopian Yergacheffe dry pulped,roasted to an American roast -, & 20% Papua New Guinea Robusta roasted to an agtron 47 at 425 degrees for only 13 minutes to keep the oils tight.

I used to work as a coffee roaster for the past 7 years. Sold wholesale coffee to coffee shops - Specialized in custom blending. I was the head cupper / blender / roaster and did approximately 8000 pounds per month. There's no money in it so I don't do it for a living anymore. But, I'm friends with the owner of the roasting business and get try to play around with custom blends.

This is a great thread. It's good to see of all the ideas and flavors floating around. I still prefer a good black cup and shy away from flavors and milk products being added - but, hey different strokes for different folks.

Someone mentioned earlier they prefer a light roast due to "caffiene". I think (think - don't know for certain) that caffiene being water soluble is present in the bean regardless of the darkness of the roast. So, a light roast has no less caffiene than a dark roast. By the way - there is more caffiene ounce for ounce in drip coffee than espresso since the water is in contact with the grounds longer in the brewing process when dripped.

12-03-08 01:03 PM
    They used to do that at Dunkin Donuts for me until they got an all new crew... I hate training new people.... LMAO

I'm a simple type of girl. I walk into Starbucks and before I get to the register they have my drink waiting for me. I'm frequent

12-03-08 06:38 PM
    I used to work at Starbucks and didn't like coffee until then. Now, I'm sooo picky b/c I like my drinks made a certain way and they have to be sweet. My favs are upside down caramel macchiato with xtra wip and caramel and white mocha with xtra wip and caramel in and out.

12-03-08 07:38 PM
    My ex used to work at a local gourmet coffee shop. I was so used to the good stuff til the place went out of business. I'd always get free drinks going there, and she'd bring me a free lb of coffee too. I called her my caffeine dealer. LOL

I used to work at Starbucks and didn't like coffee until then. Now, I'm sooo picky b/c I like my drinks made a certain way and they have to be sweet. My favs are upside down caramel macchiato with xtra wip and caramel and white mocha with xtra wip and caramel in and out.

12-03-08 08:03 PM

what in the world is "upside down"?? I am Sooooo intrigued. It sounds great. I would just love ordering that.
    12-04-08 03:38 PM
    i luv pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays but there's nothing more sweeter than the pumpkin PIE latte all year round.
    12-05-08 07:27 AM
    Hazelnut coffee is a must for me at least twice a day
    12-05-08 10:11 PM
    A simple way to make a good cup of coffee at home is to buy a Mellita coffee filter holder that fits over a coffee cup. You can put just as much ground coffee in it as you you like and pour hot water over it and make coffee one cup at a time. Almost fool proof.

12-06-08 04:36 AM
    Nice tip, I'll have to keep that in mind. Though when I'm in a rush. Nothing beats a cup of instant coffee...

A simple way to make a good cup of coffee at home is to buy a Mellita coffee filter holder that fits over a coffee cup. You can put just as much ground coffee in it as you you like and pour hot water over it and make coffee one cup at a time. Almost fool proof.

12-06-08 09:39 AM
    What cop doesn't like coffee? It flows thru our veins! My favorite is whatever is fresh and hot and available.

12-06-08 09:42 AM
    I've been buying the fair trade coffees available at Wal-Mart, and they're not bad. I like their espresso roast. Sometimes I use an Aero-Press for an espresso-strength cup or a French press for a rich cup. No Starbuck's locally so I occasionally go to a nearby shop called Life's Little Perks, and they make a darn fine cappuccino.
    12-06-08 10:07 AM
    Yeah Metal, it's almost as fast as instant -- you set it up while your water is heating, and you can use the best coffees and it comes out as good as any cone coffee maker. Perfect for one.

It's a European thing I learned for camping. Put a couple scoops of coffee in the #2 filter, the key is the pour. First splash a little water on the coffee to wet it, wait a second, then fill it up. They sell the Melita filter holders in coffee shops - I got mine at a Kroger in the coffee section.

12-06-08 11:42 AM
    My house brew:
    �Stovetop espresso out of my Bialetti moka pot (that little octagonal one they sell in kitchen stores)...very simple, easy, and you can use it on a backpacking stove.

My Sbux order:
    �Quad grande Americano with splenda and cream.

At work:
    �Folger's baby! Hot and strong!

-neil

12-06-08 05:22 PM
    Forgot work: Daz Bog Breakfast Blend. My Melita gets a lot of work.

12-06-08 07:24 PM
    I'm a Starbucks ADDICT!
    I enjoy all of their espressos, holiday coffees, and the only frappuccino I dislike is the Strawberries n Cream one (YUCK! Too much sugar!)

12-07-08 09:13 PM
    instant coffee cuz i have no time yay!!!!
    12-07-08 09:28 PM
    I'll keep it in mind.

Yeah Metal, it's almost as fast as instant -- you set it up while your water is heating, and you can use the best coffees and it comes out as good as any cone coffee maker. Perfect for one.

It's a European thing I learned for camping. Put a couple scoops of coffee in the #2 filter, the key is the pour. First splash a little water on the coffee to wet it, wait a second, then fill it up. They sell the Melita filter holders in coffee shops - I got mine at a Kroger in the coffee section.

12-08-08 03:21 AM
    Wawa coffee is one of the reasons I could never move away from the NJ/PA area.

12-08-08 08:47 AM
    I'm a Starbucks ADDICT!
    I enjoy all of their espressos, holiday coffees, and the only frappuccino I dislike is the Strawberries n Cream one (YUCK! Too much sugar!)

Strawberries and Cream isn't even coffee based, so it's okay if you don't like it.

12-09-08 01:42 AM
    Some of my favorite coffee beans:

Hawaiian Kona
    Tanzanian Peaberry
    Chiapas, Mexico

Hawaiian Kona is to coffee what the orgasm is to sex.
    12-09-08 07:14 PM
    Grande Pumpkin Spice Frappucino with 2 shots of Espresso for me!

Grande Caramel Machiatto(sp?)Frappucino with 1 shot of Espresso MMMMMM!

12-10-08 03:50 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD