Actually Pearl, BlackBerry is a Canadian corporation that, if profitable, would pay taxes.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Plug the tax loopholes or increase corporate tax and there are no issues. And it's not like BlackBerry does not look for loopholes to minimize tax it pays to the government. If they can get away with not paying tax they will. Different country, different tax system which means BlackBerry is not different from any profit-driven company
    03-02-15 08:13 PM
    And what has Scandinavia invented? America is what it is today, built by entrepreneurs and inventors that has contributed greatly to society. Technology won't be the same today without that drive and spirit. Immigrants - the same people that Troy mentioned - were and still a big part of that drive and success because they're desperate to get out of their situation
    You'd be surprised!

https://sweden.se/business/10-innova...-were-swedish/

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:16 PM
    My two cents.
    More gov programs? No offense but nope.

This starts with the people. I might be aiming for the moon here but I think that anyone that can afford it should consider ways to help address these problems through generosity, not force (bloated programs paid for by taxes).

We need to return to values like charity. I would hope that if any of us ever have the opportunity that we would seek to address these social problems. I have worked for a bread company in the US. Let me tell you, they partner with the local food bank and the bread donated is still good. Others do not do this and too much food goes to waste in this country. That is one example of how we can help.

I just love how more tax funded programs or regulations is CNN's solution to everything. No thanks.

Want to leave the garage? Work your buns off.
    03-02-15 08:18 PM
    My guess is going 90% of everyone that posts to crackberry makes more money than me. I am so tired of seeing lazy and entitled attitudes. Making a mandatory minimum wage causes imports to be cheaper than domestically produced. You get free education, free food if you qualify, free housing if he qualify, free health care if you qualify and this is paid by who? http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...taxes/1991313/
    03-02-15 08:18 PM
    You'd be surprised!

https://sweden.se/business/10-innova...-were-swedish/

Posted via CB10
    Well, I do like Ikea and I loved the movie Swedish Flygirls when I was young.
    03-02-15 08:22 PM
    Exactly, there are major benefits, and you are absolutely right, it is not in an effort to provide simplicity and tranquility to your life or even to give you spare time. This policy would allow everyone the basic needs of survival (food and shelter) so that they can pursue an education or career or business in something that is beneficial to them and their community.

Spending cuts on military endevours would be necessary, as would raised taxes on high earning corporations and very high earners. We need to circulate the money in our economy, it cannot be hoarded.

BB for Life
    Dole slackers will be dole slackers,
    you'll never get rid of them, anyway! :-D

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-02-15 10:59 PM
    Taxes need to be raised. But not taxes against the poor and middle class. They already pay their fair share. The rich definitely have not.

Posted via CB10
    The poor don't pay taxes in the US, only the middle class and wealthy. Fair would be a flat tax, everyone pays the same percentage on all income. No tiered income levels. Fair. Yes the poor would have to pay taxes instead of just suck from the government.

Posted via CB10
    filanto likes this.
    03-03-15 12:30 PM
    03-03-15 01:14 PM
58 123