Okay, I've been pretty hesitant, and to a point, still am about moving to cloud storage.
    My biggest concerns have been
    A: Security
    I prefer that only I, and to an extent people I want to see, my files have access to them. I dont want my files viewed by anyone that I don't know, know of,or the like.
    B: Offline access
    Biggest thing here, there are times that I do not have internet access, especially on my laptop or when my phone service is being crappy, to say the least, and I still need to have access to my files, like I would if I had my flash drive, or them on pen and paper. Also, if the system goes down online, then my files would be gone for good, or either temporarily. I know, multiple copies in multiple places, but even with that, I'm not always going to have a backup, and if I am going to carry around my flashdrive, I would just use that to begin with

Backstory over, my question is

What cloud service would you recommend, based off my concerns above? I am considering Google Drive, Mega, and Box, and perhaps any others that I have not thought of. Also, my phone is a z10 running 10.1, if that helps with phone access

Thanks
    01-05-14 10:08 PM
    I would not do it... every cloud service could lose your files, damage them, some of them look into the files... I use them (free versions of Box, Dropbox, Skydrive and G-Drive) only temporarily to transfer files between devices, but not as a reliable storage location!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    01-05-14 10:17 PM
    My preference is Google drive, because I am heavily invested in the google ecosystem. Google drive syncs all my files automatically, has multiple redundancys to ensure I never loose a file and syncs them to two other PC's for me so I always have local copies as well.

Unfortunately there's no official google drive app for BlackBerry, but I've found the app 'files and folders' to fill the gap nicely at least for my needs. It's not great for uploading files but it's serves well for accessing them.

For better bb10 integration I've also taken to using box which automatically uploads all my photos and videos and then syncs them into the google drive folder on my PC where they get uploaded and merged with the rest.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 10:20 PM
    I would not do it... every cloud service could lose your files, damage them, some of them look into the files... I use them (free versions of Box, Dropbox, Skydrive and G-Drive) only temporarily to transfer files between devices, but not as a reliable storage location!

That's completely false. I've yet to hear of a single instance of a reputable cloud services loosing even a single file. All use multiple redundancys and fail safes.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 10:22 PM
    My preference is Google drive, because I am heavily invested in the google ecosystem. Google drive syncs all my files automatically, has multiple redundancys to ensure I never loose a file and syncs them to two other PC's for me so I always have local copies as well.

Unfortunately there's no official google drive app for BlackBerry, but I've found the app 'files and folders' to fill the gap nicely at least for my needs. It's not great for uploading files but it's serves well for accessing them.

For better bb10 integration I've also taken to using box which automatically uploads all my photos and videos and then syncs them into the google drive folder on my PC where they get uploaded and merged with the rest.

Posted via CB10
    Hm, thank you.

My only issue with Google is the fact, well, Google and I'm *trying* to move away from them, if at all possible.

Have you tried side loading Google Drive, and if so, how did that work out?
    01-05-14 11:37 PM
    Hm, thank you.

My only issue with Google is the fact, well, Google and I'm *trying* to move away from them, if at all possible.

Have you tried side loading Google Drive, and if so, how did that work out?
    You can't sidelaod google drive. It doesn't work.

As I said though, I use Google drive primarily because I do hee other Google services. If you are moving away form google then use box.com. Great service, excellent integration with bb10, adequate desktop app. Should do everything you need.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 06:50 AM
    https://status.dropbox.com/
    Dropbox is down since yesterday in the evening...
    This is what I talked about! You can't rely 100% on cloud services... I always need some physical backup source!

01-10-14 11:49 PM