06-08-08 10:30 PM
37 12
tools
    I agree with that statement most of the time, but the one time I don't or feel anyone should is for the President race. Just as Dems try to associate McCain with Bush, it is up to McCain to prove he is different, if not, he will lose.

I always enjoy a debate, never a need to name call, that is what has made this country great
    But here is the difference in my mind:

The Left is trying to make it seem as if McCain will be a continuation of Bush, failed policies, mis-managed war, etc...

The Right is doing something a bit more dangerous in trying to gin up the notion that Senator Obama is a secret Islamic/Domestic terrorist with leanings so radical he will sell the country down the river the first chance he gets. Personally, I think he'll wait til the sixth

Both men have issues, as far as I'm concerned, but there should be fairness on both sides of the aisle.

The right loves to trot out Rev Wright and Obama, but never talks about Rev Hagee and McCain.

The left loves to talk about Bush's failures, and completely ignore Clinton's.
    06-08-08 03:28 PM
    Do the research. McCain:Hagee is not as Obama:Wright. Wright is Obama's 20 year mentor.

BTW, I don't listen to Rush and rarely watch Hannity. I do, however, enjoy Hannity and Colmes' sparring.

I don't stand proud as a Democrat or Republican; that being said, given the choices, do I want an inexperienced, mysterical figure with bad judgement of character(remember his relationships) to run my land or do I take the lifetime political figure who has been there and done that? At best, I say Obama needs an additional 4 years to be on the record with his voting and spotlight in the media. 2 years ago, the only Hussein and Obama figures that America knew was Saddam and O(s)ama.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 03:59 PM
    Do the research. McCain:Hagee is not as Obama:Wright. Wright is Obama's 20 year mentor.

... and McCain gladly accepted and then HAD to reject the endorsement of a minister who believes that God sent Hitler to destroy the Jews. The lesser of 2 evils is STILL evil.

BTW, I don't listen to Rush and rarely watch Hannity. I do, however, enjoy Hannity and Colmes' sparring.
    Total agreement here

2 years ago, the only Hussein and Obama figures that America knew was Saddam and O(s)ama.....
    Does not warrant the dignity of a comment.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-08-08 at 04:20 PM.
    06-08-08 04:18 PM
    ... and McCain gladly accepted and then HAD to reject the endorsement of a minister who believes that God sent Hitler to destroy the Jews. The lesser of 2 evils is STILL evil.

You missed his main point which was Obama seeked Wright as a mentor and spirtual leader, he didn't just accept his endorsement and then have to deny it, he lived this mans words and beliefs for 20 years!
    06-08-08 04:21 PM
    You missed his main point which was Obama seeked Wright as a mentor and spirtual leader, he didn't just accept his endorsement and then have to deny it, he lived this mans words and beliefs for 20 years!
    Au contraire, mon petit ami. That's all the French I know.

I did not miss the point at all. Yes his book is a quote from a Wright sermon. And yes he remained a member of that church for decades until it became politically expedient for him not too.... but again, no matter what Wright says or believes, it should not be projected onto Obama. Hold Wright and Ayers, etc accountable for their words and actions, Obama to his.

By that standard we would have to say that McCain thinks as Hagee does, believes as Robertson and Falwell, that hurricane Katrina was Gods retribution for the US allowing gays, abortion etc... This is why guilt by association is so dangerous.

As I stated earlier, with some of the people I know, if this is the standard, I couldn't be elected third assistant to the Deputy Pooper Scooper manager.
    06-08-08 04:44 PM
    Au contraire, mon petit ami. That's all the French I know.

I did not miss the point at all. Yes his book is a quote from a Wright sermon. And yes he remained a member of that church for decades until it became politically expedient for him not too.... but again, no matter what Wright says or believes, it should not be projected onto Obama. Hold Wright and Ayers, etc accountable for their words and actions, Obama to his.
    We can agree to disagree here. I for one care what my potential future president believes, who they quote, who their friends are and who they follow.

No one in their right mind REALLY thinks that is the first time Wright went off on whites, the gov't or the USA. In fact, Oprah commented on those reasons (different beliefs as she put it) why she left the same church many years ago!
    06-08-08 06:46 PM
    We can agree to disagree here. I for one care what my potential future president believes, who they quote, who their friends are and who they follow.

No one in their right mind REALLY thinks that is the first time Wright went off on whites, the gov't or the USA. In fact, Oprah commented on those reasons (different beliefs as she put it) why she left the same church many years ago!
    I agree with you to a point but I guess you will probably just sit this election out then because lets' not get started on McCain associates remember the Keating Five major scandal or him calling his wife a c*nt. He voted against equal pay for women just this year and will overturn Roe v Wade.
    06-08-08 08:41 PM
    I agree with you to a point but I guess you will probably just sit this election out then because lets' not get started on McCain associates remember the Keating Five major scandal or him calling his wife a c*nt. He voted against equal pay for women just this year and will overturn Roe v Wade.
    The Keating Five will be brought up during the election, as it should.

I am not going to comment on what he may or may not have called his wife, obviously wrong if he did, but to me that is not nearly as bad as disowning your grandmother that raised you. We all have said things we shouldn't have at one time or another, but that is far from disowning your guaradian, in my eyes anyways

Read the FULL bill you are talking about equal pay.

The problem with MOST bills that try to get passed is there is so much garbage attached that disables anyone to pass it.

I really think it is silly that they all can't sit in a room and vote yeah or nah on each individual topic. Instead one group says lets pass a bill that will enable all children to get a better education but then some where in that bill is a party trying to get something passed or lowered (like the drinking age being lowered, gun laws, child protection cases - these are just the main ones).

All I am trying to say is this day in age, unfortunately, you can NEVER vote or not vote for anyone bassed on a bill they did or didn't approve because there are always 100 options per bill.

I think it is hillarious, I believe it is sprint commercials, where they have "what would happen if a fire fighter took over office" and they vote on everything in a few minutes instead of taking months. A little over the top but not too far from the truth
    06-08-08 09:35 PM
    I am not going to comment on what he may or may not have called his wife, obviously wrong if he did, but to me that is not nearly as bad as disowning your grandmother that raised you. We all have said things we shouldn't have at one time or another, but that is far from disowning your guaradian, in my eyes anyways
    I would not be asking this if I did not already know the answer but please, enlighten the rest on when and how Senator Obama disowned or disavowed his grandmother. You can't, because he didn't. No matter how much you take a comment out of context, it just did not happen. Nice try though

This is what I mean about scurrilous accusations.
    06-08-08 09:42 PM
    The Keating Five will be brought up during the election, as it should.

Read the FULL bill you are talking about equal pay.

The problem with MOST bills that try to get passed is there is so much garbage attached that disables anyone to pass it.

I really think it is silly that they all can't sit in a room and vote yeah or nah on each individual topic. Instead one group says lets pass a bill that will enable all children to get a better education but then some where in that bill is a party trying to get something passed or lowered (like the drinking age being lowered, gun laws, child protection cases - these are just the main ones).

All I am trying to say is this day in age, unfortunately, you can NEVER vote or not vote for anyone bassed on a bill they did or didn't approve because there are always 100 options per bill.

I think it is hillarious, I believe it is sprint commercials, where they have "what would happen if a fire fighter took over office" and they vote on everything in a few minutes instead of taking months. A little over the top but not too far from the truth
    I would have to agree with amazinglygraceless.

Obama did not disown his grandmother. That is a myth. Here is a link to the speech and that is not what he said. Barack Obama : : Change We Can Believe In | His Own Words The quote was "I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother - a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world"

His grandmother appeared after this speech in a campaign commercial and he thanked her for allowing him to be the nominee of the democratic party in his speech last Tuesday.

Regarding the equal wage bill, McCain stated "They need the education and training, particularly since more and more women are heads of their households, as much or more than anybody else," McCain said. "And it's hard for them to leave their families when they don't have somebody to take care of them. But still voted against because it would increase more lawsuits.

I respectfully disagree regarding never voting based on issues/bills. If this is not an issue based election it would be nothing more than an American Idol contest.

Fact: McCain voted 100% in 2008 with President Bush, 95% in 2007, and has an overall voting record with Bush of 90%. With President Bush approval rating in the toilet, I don't think many people would agree that Bush was right 90% of the time.

I do agree that they add crazy items to bills and it holds up them being passed but Senator are really paid to vote and represent the will of the the people who elected them.
    Last edited by orle8050; 06-08-08 at 10:02 PM.
    06-08-08 09:59 PM
    you americans....ya'll are caught up in your own hype and end up over anaylzing simple rational decisions....you guys kicked yourself in the *** once already i.e. electing bush for a second term....and ya'll probably do it to yourselfs again.....and as much as i don't want it to happen.
    06-08-08 10:25 PM
    At this point anyone is better than Bush - what a total *****!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 10:30 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD